Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dont like swearing? GET OUT THE NORTH!!!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I too noticed the number of kids in the North Stand yesterday. It's possible some people don't know what they're letting themselves in for if they don't know the ground. I've been offered tickets for my 3 kids in the North Stand before by the ticket office and when I've told them it might not be the best place for under 10s, they've just kind of said "I s'pose so."

rowtnorthstand

Nov 25, 2012
Shoreham By Sea
When i applied for my ST in the North, i was invited to the club and asked 'you know there could be some excessive language and rowdiness within the stand you are applying for?' to which i replied 'why would i apply if i didn't know?' I think they have mixed it up hoping it becomes a 'community/family stadium' , a 'matchday friend' was ejected for standing and using inappropriate language, In the letter from the club they said he could apply to enter all stands but not the North, and only after signing a 'good behaviour' contract! it also stated that BHAFC are trying to generate a family atmosphere throughout the stadium, hence i believe why 'we' get alot more grief in the North from stewards

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Agree 99% of the swearing in the North is just normal football / stuff you say with your mates language. It's not a church Sunday school for google's sake

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I was in the South last season so I tried not to swear as much when the person on front of me took their small child. But now I'm in the north this season, if people don't like it, it is their own fault for choosing to go in the North Stand. Perhaps the club should have a warning notice on the ticket website about this come up if someone tries to buy a child's ticket in the North.

Went in the North for the Newport game. Swearing at football's never bothered me but it does seem to be at a more offensive level these days. Can't remember hearing c*** used so much in the old North Stand and it's a shame it's bandied about all the time - should be the nuclear option. Personally, apart from the humorous 'you're shit aaahhh' I can't stand chants that contain swear words, which now seem to have replaced any attempt at witty 'banter'. 'Da da da f****ing useless' for instance. Probably hilarious when you're 13. Pretty sad otherwise. And as for the constant obsession with Palace. Dull. Sing about the Albion and our players and you're going to get a lot more people around the ground joining in.

Completely this. First of all because it contains nuance. I spent the first season at the Amex was spent with my son in the North Stand ( family stand had sold out) and while 99% of the people sitting in our immediate vicinity were lovely the bloke immediately behind my son wasn't. I don't object to my son hearing a bit of swearing but the c word was used with such venom every second sentence. Now in family stand.
Secondly, it is definitely time to drop the Palace obsession particularly when we are not playing them. Not entirely sure songs about shooting scum are acceptable in public.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Went in the North Stand for the Norwich game. There was a young geezer with his girlfriend sitting just along from us. Liberal use of the c word including a really aggressive "you f........ C...... When their first (very good) goal was scored. The swearing doesn't bother me but

A) showed no appreciation of football
B) no ideas about girlfriends
C) trying much too hard to be a bad boy at football

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Secondly, it is definitely time to drop the Palace obsession particularly when we are not playing them.

Time to drop you as a 'supporter' more like...if you clearly don't understand something why do you think you have the right to pass such a misguided, shameful, ignorant comment?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree 99% of the swearing in the North is just normal football / stuff you say with your mates language. It's not a church Sunday school for google's sake

It's not that widespread in the north stand. I do hear occasional swearing but nothing excessive in N1G.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Agree mate! Ill say the c word as much as i like i really dont care. Hopefully its because its the kids holidays it best change

are you just trying get a reaction?

Swearing is fine and I can deal with it, but no need to use the C word at all and I can guarantee that if you continue to use it, your stay in the north is going to be very short.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
All those getting offended by the c word, you are aware that it is mentioned at the end of one of our most popular chants at the moment, right?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
We in the WSU and swear all the time, its usually in frustration, and tbf everyones usually raging so it hides the swearing anyway haha But its football for f*ck sake, your supposed to let go and release some energy!

I remember the first season there was a man, wife and 3 kids who used to bring a picnic to every game and not sing or get excited at all, the wife had a go at two lads who said f*ck, everyone told her to take her man and kids to the East Stand if you wanna moan about the swearing haha The East is the only place you can stake a pathetic claim about swearing. I take my little nephew to games sometimes, and tell him like alot of people have said here, that you dont repeat what you hear at the football, and he knows hes not aloud to swear yet anyways, so theres no problems there.

The Amex atmosphere has got worse every year, first year was awesome, I thought it might be the same every year but it was obviously down to the excitement of having a new stadium at last. The Derby game, seeing as it was the first game back was like a library, I would move to the North but I like to see the whole pitch and watch off the ball runs etc, and with my sh!t eyes I cant do that there. The only time we have a good swing and swear these days is when we go to away games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All those getting offended by the c word, you are aware that it is mentioned at the end of one of our most popular chants at the moment, right?

You mean the one that supporters get banned for? I have seen fans get banned for starting that song, at Withdean and at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here