Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dont like swearing? GET OUT THE NORTH!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Well it was like a ****ing nursery in north today. I've still got sweets stuck to my shoes
:lolol:

I remember my dad telling me that I can swear at football, but football only. Anything I said or heard at football must not be said outside the ground. **** that.

and this while my daughter was about 9/10 we used to frequent the east terrace at the Goldstone and heard many swear words and some from me and she always understood that what was said at the football stayed at the football

and I might say a lot of the swearing came from the women

the money men are ruining the game of football

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Went in the North for the Newport game. Swearing at football's never bothered me but it does seem to be at a more offensive level these days. Can't remember hearing c*** used so much in the old North Stand and it's a shame it's bandied about all the time - should be the nuclear option. Personally, apart from the humorous 'you're shit aaahhh' I can't stand chants that contain swear words, which now seem to have replaced any attempt at witty 'banter'. 'Da da da f****ing useless' for instance. Probably hilarious when you're 13. Pretty sad otherwise. And as for the constant obsession with Palace. Dull. Sing about the Albion and our players and you're going to get a lot more people around the ground joining in.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Went in the North for the Newport game. Swearing at football's never bothered me but it does seem to be at a more offensive level these days. Can't remember hearing c*** used so much in the old North Stand and it's a shame it's bandied about all the time - should be the nuclear option. Personally, apart from the humorous 'you're shit aaahhh' I can't stand chants that contain swear words, which now seem to have replaced any attempt at witty 'banter'. 'Da da da f****ing useless' for instance. Probably hilarious when you're 13. Pretty sad otherwise. And as for the constant obsession with Palace. Dull. Sing about the Albion and our players and you're going to get a lot more people around the ground joining in.

:thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I use the F word a lot but draw the line at the C word. It is just unacceptable no matter where you are.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Kids are too precious these days. They need to be around sweary adults. At Withdean I had the same couple behind me a lot, they used to drive me bonkers. They would shout encouragement fair enough, but in really posh voices and as if they were on the sidelines of Rubin's first Rugger match.."Come on The Seagulls, That's it boys, Come on The Seagulls" Over and over again. Her: Silk scarf, M&S cardy and sjirt, face that's never experienced orgasm. Him: Argyle V neck wiith roll neck underneath, pinky ring. Amex is full of them.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
I use the F word a lot but draw the line at the C word. It is just unacceptable no matter where you are.

Oddly enough I have a female boss, who uses on a frequent basis.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
None but if a lot of people hate the C word and find it shocking as it is the only word now that still shocks, you should show the respect of not using it imo.

Did anyone hear the Derby County chant?

Not the usual "Get into 'em ... f*** 'em up!!", but a sanitised version, obviously modified to take account of the sensibilities of an Amex crowd. And with added homophobia.

"Get into 'em ... touch 'em up!!"

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I swear very often at football, nobody has complained and I'm sitting in the disabled section. I don't use the C word very often, but I did use towards the officials a couple of times yesterday. I would have thought that most people swear at some point in their lives, and as others have said, it is just a word after all.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
But it makes u warey of ur language. Can i say c unt infront of ur kid?

You can say what you want. As far as I'm concerned its my choice to sit there and if I thought my boys would be damaged by it I wouldn't have moved there. They are 10 and 7 like I say and it's my plan to be able to take them with me as they grow up to away games etc. at their age the school playground is a colourful place any way. If any situation I was in with him got a bit fruity (and not just taking about football, a trip to London for example) I'd get them out of it pronto but the odd swear word is hardly going to damage them for life. They hear worse in Victoria Park (Haywards Heath) on a nice sunny day with the types hanging around getting battered.
At the end of the day if someone in ANY stand is hammered and being abusive for no reason I'd probably say something if they were with me or not. Most people would.
I've moved seats to north and ill bring them with me most times. Say what you like, not your fault there are kids around and to be honest I'd expect children in any stand of any stadium these days.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I've moved there from the familly stand because there were too many whinging pricks around and people there for a chat rather than to watch the match. Elder kids wanted to sing and shout more and the younger ones have less of a say. Just not allowed to repeat what they hear at the match.

Spot on

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
That's fine. All I'm saying I was surprised at how many young kids were in the north but when there was swearing people was getting looked at or even a comment. I don't mind anyone being there just as long as people are aware of what goes on in there. Obviously people get caught up in emotions and can't help there self me included

I think there are probably a few people that are coming to games with kids and totally unaware of what to expect as maybe its not a regular thing. And if they are in the north perhaps it's a bit of a shock I don't know. There was a bloke in front of me with his, I presume, 3 boys. A couple of seats to my left was a big fella (his Mrs in front of him, must post here) having a good proper song song. He was loud obviously and the bloke with the 3 kids kept looking over at him a bit disapprovingly. Now maybe the club didn't make this bloke aware but the north is a noisy place. Plenty of other places he could have gone to the East for example. As these are new seats for me I don't know who is match day sales and who is a season ticket holder but if this bloke and his boys are season tickets I'm not sure he's going to enjoy himself

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
You can say what you want. As far as I'm concerned its my choice to sit there and if I thought my boys would be damaged by it I wouldn't have moved there. They are 10 and 7 like I say and it's my plan to be able to take them with me as they grow up to away games etc. at their age the school playground is a colourful place any way. If any situation I was in with him got a bit fruity (and not just taking about football, a trip to London for example) I'd get them out of it pronto but the odd swear word is hardly going to damage them for life. They hear worse in Victoria Park (Haywards Heath) on a nice sunny day with the types hanging around getting battered.
At the end of the day if someone in ANY stand is hammered and being abusive for no reason I'd probably say something if they were with me or not. Most people would.
I've moved seats to north and ill bring them with me most times. Say what you like, not your fault there are kids around and to be honest I'd expect children in any stand of any stadium these days.

I would like to add its not my inention to use this word in front of ur children but its decent that u know and accept that there will be times they will hear these words and yes I also gree that it seems there are people that werent aware the north is the loud and rowdy stand, hopefully they get a seat change, there seems to be room left in the family stand anyway

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I would like to add its not my inention to use this word in front of ur children but its decent that u know and accept that there will be times they will hear these words and yes I also gree that it seems there are people that werent aware the north is the loud and rowdy stand, hopefully they get a seat change, there seems to be room left in the family stand anyway

This.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

I must admit though, that yesterday I did particularly enjoy "You've got no ****ing pigment in your skin".

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Whilst totally in agreement that kids can't be wrapped in cotton wool and that if you are ultra sensitive then you should consider where you sit, is there really any need for excessive use of the C word?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here