Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donkey Of The Tournament 2012

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ballotelli's absolute FLAIR bit of control with his heel on the camera-side touchline to keep the ball in play takes him right out of the donkey reckoning, IMO. And Torres' display doesn't compare in terms of awfulness with RvP's. He was WOEFUL and the reason the Dutch lost yesterday. Still, Kerzhakov and in particular, Samaras lead the field for me. I'm worried that Carroll may challenge Samaras should he play, but I don't think he'll start.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think that Robin Van Persie deserves his mention. Mario Balotelli and Fernando Torres don't deserve to be mentioned in the same company as Kerzhakov and Samaras though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Couple of the Irish players could easily be contenders after yesterday.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gomez has been surprisingly excellent. Does remind me of someone though.

300full.jpg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Nominatin Gomes is a joke! Probably been the most clinical finşsher so far.

Ronaldo last night was woeful and until he scored I might have suggested RVP too.

Worst performances for me go to Samaras and Torres. Although Kerzhakov was not scoring he was brilliant at making space for others in the first game.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nominatin Gomes is a joke! Probably been the most clinical finşsher so far.

Yes, but these posts were made, unlike yours, before the tournament began, and were based on the fact that Gomez has always been a bit of a carthorse in previous tournaments. Clearly he's come good now, and has scored three really good goals.

Personally I'd go for Ronaldo or Van Persie as the biggest wasters so far. I actually think Ronaldo hampers the Portuguese team more than he helps them, as his presence seems to intimidate them (a lot more than it should, given most of his international performances). It's like they feel like they always have to give him the ball. He's notorious for disappearing in the major games and tournaments and has hardly ever shone on the big stage (Champions League finals, World Cups, Euros). Did anyone else see his reaction yesterday when the Portuguese sub scored the late winner? All the players apart from the goalkeeper ran to the scorer, with one exception, who sank to his knees in the penalty box, looking miserable. I'm sure it can't actually be true, but it came across as though he was annoyed that someone else had grabbed the limelight. He was useless all game. Hope they go out, as everyone likes to see that little weasel cry.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally I'd go for Ronaldo or Van Persie as the biggest wasters so far. I actually think Ronaldo hampers the Portuguese team more than he helps them, as his presence seems to intimidate them (a lot more than it should, given most of his international performances). It's like they feel like they always have to give him the ball. He's notorious for disappearing in the major games and tournaments and has hardly ever shone on the big stage (Champions League finals, World Cups, Euros). Did anyone else see his reaction yesterday when the Portuguese sub scored the late winner? All the players apart from the goalkeeper ran to the scorer, with one exception, who sank to his knees in the penalty box, looking miserable. I'm sure it can't actually be true, but it came across as though he was annoyed that someone else had grabbed the limelight. He was useless all game. Hope they go out, as everyone likes to see that little weasel cry.

Hard to argue.

Robben let himself down yesterday too, the petulant self-absorbed little scrote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here