Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donkey Of The Tournament 2012

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Straight into the lead goes Russia's quintuplicate-of-chances-missing Kerzhakov. A stunning display in how not to take your chances / how not to strike through the ball.

Good ole' George Samaras, settles into second spot (still the favourite!) with a masterclass in ineptitude against The Poles.

Who will next (dis)grace the tourny with their shunts, hoofs and scuffs!

(Some good games so far though tbf)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
John Terry or Shrek for being red-carded at a crucial moment. Again. Or possibly the dream double of them both being sent off for an unseemly brawl between the two :lol:

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Straight into the lead goes Russia's quintuplicate-of-chances-missing Kerzhakov. A stunning display in how not to take your chances / how not to strike through the ball.

Good ole' George Samaras, settles into second spot (still the favourite!) with a masterclass in ineptitude against The Poles.
Who will next (dis)grace the tourny with their shunts, hoofs and scuffs!

(Some good games so far though tbf)

Poor guy, it really wasn't his night. Made even worse when he was subbed and his replacement, pavlyochenko (spelling?), almost straight away assisted one goal and scored an absolute beauty himself. I'm sure Mr Downing, if he plays, could give these two a good challenge from the title...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Got into a debate with some buffoon on Twitter last night who claimed that Helder Postiga (still in the Portugal squad, amazingly) is better than all the England strikers, including Rooney.

Postiga (crap, wimpy, used to play for Spurs) scored 8 goals in La Liga last season, which according to this bloke makes him far greater than Rooney. I accept we're not blessed with loads of great strikers lately, and I'm not even a massive fan of Rooney, the person, but he's still a far better footballer than Helder bloody Postiga. Who in the world would want to sign him if he was for sale?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Samaras, by the way, scored 4 (four!) goals in the MTL last season. Even I'd fancy my chances of getting more than 4 goals in the MTL, and I'm 35. And female.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
It was especially annoying for those of us who may have a quid on him for top goal-scorer, thinking (correctly it appears) that Russia will get a hatful of goals in Group A.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'll wager a sneaky shilling on Andy Carroll, given his ability to miss from anywhere

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Carroll's 'shooting training' at Hutnik yesterday reduced the locals to hysterical laughter,so don't know if he will even play in a match!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't know, no real reason for it apart from a hunch, but I find myself wondering if Carroll might just surprise us.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't know, no real reason for it apart from a hunch, but I find myself wondering if Carroll might just surprise us.

I have that feeling too. He had an improved last month or so of the season. If he can get a confidence boosting flukey one, i think he might get on a roll.

Much the same as I feel about Englans actually. Although this is balanced by the forboding feeling of impending disappointment.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Definitely Samaras.

Personally I think Mario Gomez is massively over rated and has definite donkey potential. In fact Gomez was the donkey of Euro 2008 also.

Good call.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
John Terry or Shrek for being red-carded at a crucial moment. Again. Or possibly the dream double of them both being sent off for an unseemly brawl between the two :lol:

Now Ross, you know deep down you want us to lift that trophy really....and of course blather on about it for ever more!:thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The dream double would be for DESTROYING this mouthy little git in the knock outs

ronaldo_wink.jpg

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Got into a debate with some buffoon on Twitter last night who claimed that Helder Postiga (still in the Portugal squad, amazingly) is better than all the England strikers, including Rooney.

Postiga (crap, wimpy, used to play for Spurs) scored 8 goals in La Liga last season, which according to this bloke makes him far greater than Rooney. I accept we're not blessed with loads of great strikers lately, and I'm not even a massive fan of Rooney, the person, but he's still a far better footballer than Helder bloody Postiga. Who in the world would want to sign him if he was for sale?

agreed postiga is absoltue PONY, only reason hes there is that portugal have NOBODY else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here