Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donkey Of The Tournament 2012

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I don't know, no real reason for it apart from a hunch, but I find myself wondering if Carroll might just surprise us.

You could be right, remember in Euro 96 Shearer was going into the tournament with a shocking run in internationally, came out top scorer and re-ignited his international career. I'm not for one second suggesting however that Andy Carroll can in ANY WAY be likened to Alan Shearer :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339258798035.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339258798035.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 23

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Helder Postiga this evening has certainly set the bar for the tournament donkey prize.

The only thing of note he did all game was take Neuer out with a late sliding challenge early on.

Simply awful.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Helder Postiga this evening has certainly set the bar for the tournament donkey prize.

The only thing of note he did all game was take Neuer out with a late sliding challenge early on.

Simply awful.

Postiga was Odds On to be mentioned in this thread. I feel that when the tournament is over, there should be a poll involving all nominations and the loser should be sent a brown donkey statue (small) to celebrate his ineptitude in front of Europe.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm a little surprised no-one has mentioned Robin Van Persie's performance today which must count as an early attempt to win this prize. A couple of over-powerful touches topped by one complete air-shot in the second half...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm a little surprised no-one has mentioned Robin Van Persie's performance today which must count as an early attempt to win this prize. A couple of over-powerful touches topped by one complete air-shot in the second half...

I was still travelling home from holiday so I missed Friday's games but RVP was woeful yesterday - there'll have to be some real donkeys to beat that performance

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
On today's evidence, Balotelli and Torres.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Balotelli and Torres have made very strong cases today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On today's evidence, Balotelli and Torres.

Balotelli is nailed-on to go out in a blaze of inglory, probably featuring an act of unparalleled stupidity. Whereas Torres will just continue to look hangdog in an alice band. So Balotelli gets the donkey vote :thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Feel a bit sorry for Torres tbh, it's obviously just a confidence thing with him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Torres's movement was excellent, but he's lost all his pace and touch. Balotelli is a clown.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I can't understand why Italy are playing him. Surely they must have better options?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here