[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do you believe there was an armed insurrection?
I believe Trump was instrumental in the gathering and reckless in his rhetoric and that could be construed as a generous interpretation of events. Not important whether they had guns or not. They fought their way into the building and who knows what would have happened if they found Pence or Pelosi. Guessing you're in the camp that it was all CGI and they were just tourists.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I believe Trump was instrumental in the gathering and reckless in his rhetoric and that could be construed as a generous interpretation of events. Not important whether they had guns or not. They fought their way into the building and who knows what would have happened if they found Pence or Pelosi. Guessing you're in the camp that it was all CGI and they were just tourists.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The woman is a nutcase.

That is a very colourful opinion piece. Interesting read though.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
It doesn’t matter - Trump won’t end up in prison convicted of armed insurrection by the Columbia District Court in Washington ( the main ‘insurrection’ federal case relating to Jan 6) - he has been charged with election interference, obstruction of official proceedings and conspiracy to defraud the US as well as conspiracy against the voting rights of people - those charges will be far easier to prove than ’incitement to insurrection’ and equally come with hefty prison sentences and or fines if he is convicted.
Not guilty of insurrection then, glad we cleared that up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, of course not. But don’t present it as something it wasn’t.

Although I'm guessing CNN in your eyes aren't reliable.

List is endless.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Very little. Theres the classified documents he had at Mara Lago like Hillary and Biden had but avoided prosecution which would be a misdemeanour, except he is been charged under the Espionage act so were back to muh Russia again. Smith is also trying to get the trial moved to somewhere with a "friendlier" jury as the Florida one would likely kick it into touch. This is what the Klan used to do to get their chums of.

This is purely to drain him of campaign finance aka electoral interference, real one this time not made up. Unless you think defamation award of $83 million is OK for saying "She is deluded and not my type".

If you cant see all this as a witch hunt I feel sorry for you.
Trump refused to hand over classified docs, lied about them, hid them, moved them and, almost certainly sold them. There is no equivalence.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
That’s not true - people will criticise any source that isn’t reflecting their POV. We have seen this on other threads too.

I don’t see anything from Vanity Fair getting ‘dozens of likes’ ( I think I am the only one that posted a link btw) but I do see you doing the obvious and ignoring factual content because you don’t like the source.
You do the same. Do you believe her?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You do the same. Do you believe her?
No I don’t - I read and quote a wide variety of sources for their factual content and often opinion pieces but I always acknowledge their bias whichever side of the fence they fall, including pointing out Western cultural bias which few people are prepared to recognise - Vanity Fair is a left wing fluff rag which is entirely in keeping with the recent level of debate on here including X posts etc but do you deny that Trump actually did the things quoted?

I’m not sure who ‘her‘ is, I haven’t been following the thread that closely the past few days.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
No, I said he hasn’t been charged with insurrection by the Columbia District Court there is a difference.. The Supreme Court in Colorado ruled him guilty of breaching the Constitution on insurrection ( Art 14) and he was impeached for incitement of insurrection in Congress. It remains to be decided if that prevents him from running again.

In the meantime the Washington DC AG has done the sensible thing and brought charges that don’t rely on a ruling by a heavily right wing weighted SCOTUS to interpret the provisions of the Constitution before convicting him.
What makes you think the Supreme Court is heavily right wing? Three Liberals, three conservatives and three swing votes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports