Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
No, I said he hasn’t been charged with insurrection by the Columbia District Court there is a difference.. The Supreme Court in Colorado ruled him guilty of breaching the Constitution on insurrection ( Art 14) and he was impeached for incitement of insurrection in Congress. It remains to be decided if that prevents him from running again.

In the meantime the Washington DC AG has done the sensible thing and brought charges that don’t rely on a ruling by a heavily right wing weighted SCOTUS to interpret the provisions of the Constitution before convicting him.
What makes you think the Supreme Court is heavily right wing? Three Liberals, three conservatives and three swing votes.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
No I don’t - I read and quote a wide variety of sources for their factual content and often opinion pieces but I always acknowledge their bias whichever side of the fence they fall, including pointing out Western cultural bias which few people are prepared to recognise - Vanity Fair is a left wing fluff rag which is entirely in keeping with the recent level of debate on here including X posts etc but do you deny that Trump actually did the things quoted?

I’m not sure who ‘her‘ is, I haven’t been following the thread that closely the past few days.
You must know who her is…

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What makes you think the Supreme Court is heavily right wing? Three Liberals, three conservatives and three swing votes.
I would describe it as most political commentators do - 3 democrat appointees and 6 Republican. Do the maths.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You must know who her is…
’Her’ could have referred to anyone - if you had said Caroll, in hindsight of course I do but my post was responding to your comments about insurrection - you keep jumping from one topic to another.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Do the maths
Yes, 9 Justices - 6 appointed by Republican presidents (3 by Trump alone) , 3 by Democrats. Of course the balance of the Court is heavily weighted in right wing ideology.

Edit - I also note you have not responded either to any of the content I posted above from the VF article, nor to any of the responses I made to your ridiculous assertions about January 6. Instead tried to divert the discussion onto something else each time.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Yes, 9 Justices - 6 appointed by Republican presidents (3 by Trump alone) , 3 by Democrats. Of course the balance of the Court is heavily weighted in right wing ideology.

Edit - I also note you have not responded either to any of the content I posted above from the VF article, nor to any of the responses I made to your ridiculous assertions about January 6. Instead tried to divert the discussion onto something else each time.
Do you think that the situation at the southern border is a good or bad thing?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Do you think that the situation at the southern border is a good or bad thing?
I see you are downplaying the events of January 6th and chucking out random questions, so I'll repeat my previous simple question. Do you think Biden won the last election?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Do you believe her?
The story here isn’t whether I beleive her but the amount of damages awarded in this case. I don’t know the ins and outs of the original assault case, I didn’t follow it. What I do know is that this was a civil claim for defamation nothing to do with the ‘deep state’ and that America is a very litigious society - the punitive damages (of which these defamation costs mostly are) can be overly magnified. However, juries (very carefully selected in voir dires by both sides in a claim) should also be seen as a community check on the excesses of private power and a reflection of community values so I guess this high award has been some sort of political message from the members of the jury to Trump.

I also think Trump’s misogyny and racism is well documented by virtue of his own big mouth and he is not fit to be the President of a modern society that should recognise the equal value of women and ethnic minorities.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
The story here isn’t whether I beleive her but the amount of damages awarded in this case. I don’t know the ins and outs of the original assault case, I didn’t follow it. What I do know is that this was a civil claim for defamation nothing to do with the ‘deep state’ and that America is a very litigious society - the punitive damages (of which these defamation costs mostly are) can be overly magnified. However, juries (very carefully selected in voir dires by both sides in a claim) should also be seen as a community check on the excesses of private power and a reflection of community values so I guess this high award has been some sort of political message from the members of the jury to Trump.

I also think Trump’s misogyny and racism is well documented by virtue of his own big mouth and he is not fit to be the President of a modern society that should recognise the equal value of women and ethnic minorities.
Give me an example of his misogyny and racism.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I see you are downplaying the events of January 6th and chucking out random questions, so I'll repeat my previous simple question. Do you think Biden won the last election?
It’s a bizarre response isn’t it?!

Lasvegan has to ask another question because he has no comeback to the responses to his previous questions.
Give me an example of his misogyny and racism.
Surely even you, in your MAGA rose coloured spectacles can’t be serious on that one? 😂

If by the remotest chance you do need me to point out some of Trump’s racist and misogynistic behaviour over the last 10 years or so - I posted the Access to Hollywood tape only a few days ago and Trump’s repeated reference to latinos as ‘drug dealers, thieves and murders‘, his comments on hispanics or banning muslims from the country or referring to his political opponents as native Indians in a pejorative way, the list is endless …Trump has weaponised racism and bigotry like no President has ever done - his whole political rise to power has been fuelled by it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why aren’t you interested in the story? Maybe because you know it’s bollocks?
But following Vanity Fair does you favors?
I don't know what Vanity Fair is. Near Scarborough? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s a bizarre response isn’t it?!

Lasvegan has to ask another question because he has no comeback to the responses to his previous questions.

Surely even you, in your MAGA rose coloured spectacles can’t be serious on that one? 😂

If by the remotest chance you do need me to point out some of Trump’s racist and misogynistic behaviour over the last 10 years or so - I posted the Access to Hollywood tape only a few days ago and Trump’s repeated reference to latinos as ‘drug dealers, thieves and murders‘, his comments on hispanics or banning muslims from the country or referring to his political opponents as native Indians in a pejorative way, the list is endless …Trump has weaponised racism and bigotry like no President has ever done - his whole political rise to power has been fuelled by it.
Regarding the sexism, perhaps you need to grab @lasvegan 's pussy? ???

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Er - I hope you are not suggesting that I am a misogynist or need to commit sexual assault on anyone? What a strange thing to say - someone might want to do that but it certainly wont be me 😳

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Er - I hope you are not suggesting that I am a misogynist or need to commit sexual assault on anyone? What a strange thing to say - someone might want to do that but it certainly wont be me 😳
You have misinterpreted the comment, which was directing Lasvegan's attention to Trump's interview on Access Hollywood where he was boasting about kissing young women without their agreement and grabbing them by the pussy.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Errmm
Er - I hope you are not suggesting that I am a misogynist or need to commit sexual assault on anyone? What a strange thing to say

Regarding the sexism, perhaps you need to grab @lasvegan 's pussy?

Ooh…
lol

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Errmm

Ooh…

lol
And now you have lost every argument that has been put to you, you have resorted back to trolling.

Clearly Trump supporters are incapable of have a constructive debate about anything.

Good night

:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here