Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dogs

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Aren’t they just the best dogs, so affectionate and so eager to please you !
Mines currently in training as a gundog, but makes the perfect pet dog at the same time

Oh yes, I actually have a break from work sometimes and look after her, we walk for miles.
This one has a really good life where she lives,but also loves coming to stay with us.
She has done gun dog training and work but she does agility competitions now with her owner.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
image.jpeg

My best mate

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Mongrel. That, plain and simple, is what it is. Sure she’s wonderful as you say. But she’s a mongrel. No shame in that. No need to dress it up as a new breed either. It’s what she is. I don’t understand this modern phenomena to invent breeds. Unless of course they’re recognised by KC. It sort of started in the early 00’s when we started inventing new words by sandwiching two together e.g. hungry and angry = hangry. It’s really irritating when perfectly good and established words already exist but some people love to create their own language. Personally I call such types ‘funts’...

haha! Made me laugh and good to see I'm not the only one irritated by designer mongrel names. I did wonder whether my annoyance was born out of frustration that I am unable to find a suitably silly designer name for my mut. He's either a deerhound or a greyhound but is neither - bloody frustrating. Bloody ridiculous really, should have thought about it before not shelling out the best part of a grand for a cross breed

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
Had Golden Retrievers for the last 25 years, Molly was first she was with us for 13 years and it broke my heart when we had to have her put down, vowed on that day to never have another one lasted 3 months and now have 2 the youngest is 6, Goldies are lovely dogs wouldn't be without them.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
We took in a young rescue beagle 3 years ago who was from a Hunting pack but was going to be put down as she too small and would not run with the pack - she had a lump which we thought was a tick bite in August which turned out to be aggressive cancer and we had to have her put down in Oct - totally and utterly broke my heart. We have another dog who we had from a puppy and had never been on his own so we took the plunge 4 weeks ago and took in a Romanian rescue puppy who is settling in really well....but I miss my beagle every single day

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dogs are amazing. I was fortunate enough to attend a talk yesterday with Dr Amit Patel, some might know the name - he's a blind blogger who relies on his guide dog, Kika, to get him around. He's been blind for 6 years and had Kika for the last few years. While he was waiting to get on stage to do his talk, Kika was casually strolling around the room having a great time getting all the attention a beautiful Golden Labrador deserves (and I say that as a cat person!).

:love:

In other dog news, I was walking through Preston Park a couple of weeks ago, feeling a bit lonely on a long walk. A stunning dog came running over to me with a ball in her mouth, dropped it at my feet and then lay there pleadingly. I ended up playing with her for a good 20 minutes before an elderly lady, her owner, came over to thank me for engaging with her dog and giving her something to do while the old dear rested on a bench. The dog was amazing and I really was considering dog napping her away. :love:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I like big and medium sized dogs, had a German shepherd growing up, but small dogs... I dont get it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
We took in a young rescue beagle 3 years ago who was from a Hunting pack but was going to be put down as she too small and would not run with the pack - she had a lump which we thought was a tick bite in August which turned out to be aggressive cancer and we had to have her put down in Oct - totally and utterly broke my heart. We have another dog who we had from a puppy and had never been on his own so we took the plunge 4 weeks ago and took in a Romanian rescue puppy who is settling in really well....but I miss my beagle every single day

I am happy and upset for you in equal measure. How good of people who take in rescue dogs, usually from humans who need xxxxxxing - well, it is illegal these days.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We have a Portuguese rescue dog - a podengo/border collie cross. We got her for the kids who, needless to say, never walk her but she's an integral part of our family now. Had dogs when I was a kid and really missed having one - Flora's great, she sits in her basket under my desk and keeps me company when I'm working.

Flora.jpg

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
We got a dog, Bea, in January this year, a 5 month old rescue. An absolutely lovely pain in the backside, it's gone quick! :mad:

20190320_074838-03.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pumps

Attachments

• 2B97DE3C-6961-4004-95F8-8ED3FEDF14F9.jpeg
    2B97DE3C-6961-4004-95F8-8ED3FEDF14F9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 148

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I met my friends 9 month old Irish wolf hound for first time today. It was taller than a Shetland pony. Absolutely gorgeous. Incredible animal, it was akin to hugging a lion! Never been that close to one before.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If the dog is half poodle what are they supposed to be called?
We have a Cava*** she really is a great little doggy full of character and fun, very easy to train does not stink or leave hair everywhere.

No supposed about it, I am allergic to many animals but not our dog, one of the main reasons we got her as my daughter wanted a puppy.
People have a choice, so what if it's a mongrel, it's a great dog and part of the family and gives us great pleasure.
Silly name?
It's half king Charles spaniel and half poodle, what is it supposed to be called, seems like you and portlock are dog snobs.
You normally talk a lot of sense on here but on this you seem to have your head up your arse.

Mongrels are two-a-penny. If you had any sense you would call it a Spandle. They are more valuable than Cavapoos because they are more rare. Hope this helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here