Dog Lovers - How long did your Dog live for ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat brother, I feel your pain mate and am very sorry for your loss.

Run free Lionel.
again, thanks.

I'm sure he certainly is.
I doubt the pheasants and rabbits are calling it heaven, anymore.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have had a 33 day reprieve with Harry so far after the vet said the game is up. His swollen paw (which the vet said would not go down ) has reduced by 2/3rds and I change his bandaged paw and wash it daily in an antibacterial wash, rebandage it and put a sock over it. It seems to be working and I am so happy for the extra weeks we have had. He will be 15 on 14/8/13, hopefully he can make it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
again, thanks.

I'm sure he certainly is.
I doubt the pheasants and rabbits are calling it heaven, anymore.
Ahh mate, I feel for you. Nothing I can say really, but all the best.

I have had a 33 day reprieve with Harry so far after the vet said the game is up. His swollen paw (which the vet said would not go down ) has reduced by 2/3rds and I change his bandaged paw and wash it daily in an antibacterial wash, rebandage it and put a sock over it. It seems to be working and I am so happy for the extra weeks we have had. He will be 15 on 14/8/13, hopefully he can make it.
I was wondering what had happened to Harry but I'm delighted you've had a few more weeks with him, if nothing else it's given you a bit of time to steel yourself. We only had a day with our dog after getting the bad news, but it did help. All the best to you too.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks Brovion. When the vet said nearly 5 weeks ago he needs to be put down we both looked at him and said " do one " We take it daily but he is rocking at the moment !!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Not long enough.

My 6 year old (would have been 7 next week) Golden Retriever Lionel had a massive epileptic fit yesterday, and couldn't come get out of it.

He died in my arms this morning:-

View attachment 42680
View attachment 42681
View attachment 42682

I don't quite know what I'm doing I just gravitated here out of habit, I'm in bits at the moment.

But lets not forget what he was capable of:-

My dogs arse.

What a beautiful boy, if it is any consolation in the slightest, your dog was obviously the most patient and dignified fella on the planet, judging by the photo's!!! You were lucky to have him, and he was without doubt lucky to have you.

RIP Lionel.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Not long enough.

My 6 year old (would have been 7 next week) Golden Retriever Lionel had a massive epileptic fit yesterday, and couldn't come get out of it.

He died in my arms this morning:-

View attachment 42680
View attachment 42681
View attachment 42682

I don't quite know what I'm doing I just gravitated here out of habit, I'm in bits at the moment.

But lets not forget what he was capable of:-

My dogs arse.

Very sad...not alot else anyone can say to console you.

Hope you and your family are ok...just think of the good times you had :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Goldens really are a special breed of Dog. The vet told me, the most brave and stoic dogs he knows. They are just incredible. I love my Golden with all my heart. They are really special. So sad for your loss and at such a young age I cannot imagine what you are going through.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The way you were speaking in past tense, I thought you were telling me my dog had passed.

No. I hope your Dog lives a long and happy life.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Sorry to hear your news @Stat Brother - hope you remember all the good times you had together.

Glad Harry is still about @Uncle Spielberg - but be strong when the time eventually comes. Don't keep him going for your benefit if he is in pain.

Looking over at my own little pooch as I type this, with tears in my eyes dreading the day he eventually goes. But hopefully thats a long way off.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364418408.935503.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364418408.935503.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 140

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I won't mate. We will both know when the time is right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a beautiful boy, if it is any consolation in the slightest, your dog was obviously the most patient and dignified fella on the planet, judging by the photo's!!! You were lucky to have him, and he was without doubt lucky to have you.

RIP Lionel.
He certainly was a looker.
But dignity did go out of the window when a muddy puddle was about. (It was a long winter!!!)

V__3CD9.jpg

Very sad...not alot else anyone can say to console you.

Hope you and your family are ok...just think of the good times you had :)
[MENTION=1201]Box of Frogs[/MENTION], thanks chaps.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
He certainly was a looker.
But dignity did go out of the window when a muddy puddle was about. (It was a long winter!!!)

View attachment 42708

[MENTION=1201]Box of Frogs[/MENTION], thanks chaps.

I'm sure that no matter how much you cursed him for being filthy, or how long it took you to get him clean again, you'd give anything to be able to do it again. Take it easy, and my condolences again to you and your family.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The nightmare has visited me last week, our best mate Archie the greyhound was suddenly taken from us by bone cancer. The pain has been unbelievable and we miss him so much, amazing what fantastic companions they are, he was only 10 years and 2 months and had loads more to give. Most painful thing I have ever had to go through.

The nightmare has visited me last week, our best mate Archie the greyhound was suddenly taken from us by bone cancer. The pain has been unbelievable and we miss him so much, amazing what fantastic companions they are, he was only 10 years and 2 months and had loads more to give. Most painful thing I have ever had to go through.

:down:

Us dog lovers are with you.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RIP Archie
we have had dogs too
the loss of any animal that is your family can be devastating

theboybilly

I lost my Staffie, Eliie, on the Wednesday after the Reading game last month aged 14 years. I came home from the game to find her screaming because she'd got stuck in a corner. She wasn't really stuck though, she just didn't have the notion to just back up a bit and she'd been free. Aimless wandering, bumping into things and not being herself or settling for the night, she showed all the signs of Canine Cognitive Disorder- Doggy Dementia if you will. I miss her greatly. My other Staffie, Gizmo, died aged 15 which is also a good age for a Staffie.

Incidently, I was drinking in the Buckingham Arms in Shoreham yesterday when an old friend came in - Toffee, a Lab cross - still going strong. He'll be 21 next May and walks from Lancing to Shoreham and back almost everyday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports