Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Lovers - How long did your Dog live for ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They will probably get you to try and give Harry a sedative orally first before you take him or they come to you. They will shave a patch of fur on his leg to expose a vein and then administer the injection. It doesn't take long and Harry will probably have his eyes open at the end, it's normal and may expel the contents of his bladder.

He will be devoid of pain at that point.

X

Thanks. I will steel myself mate.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Feel your pain mate but when you take on a pet you know that the day will come... Doesn't make it any easier to bear though.

The vets are usually very good and feel the pain too. They do it every day but it must be the crappiest part of their job.

God bless Harry mate

Shit, really sorry to hear that US. If it is of any consolation at all I know exactly how you're feeling and how you're going to feel. It'll break your heart but it is 100% the right thing to do. My sincere condolences.
The vet came to our house and I made sure George was cuddled up to me when the dreaded moment came and carried on stroking him and reassuring him right till the end, I'm sure you'll do the same. All the best fella.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
I've got four rescue greyhound which I have only had for just under two years but three of them are of great age for greyhounds. Already part of my life despite short time in it. Will be devastated when they start to fall.

All the best US

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My thoughts are for Harry, you and your family at this very difficult time. Keep strong and stay with Harry until the end US.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Know what your going through uncle my collie of 15yrs went last October and was gutted, still can't face getting another

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can anyone who has been through the " putting to sleep " tell me what happens and what happens so I can steel myself for it, for Harry.
It might help to have it done at home. Our old dog HATED the vets and his upset at going there would have made it worse all round, so they agreed to some to our house and he could have passed away in his comfortable, familiar surroundings. As I mentioned before it wasn't necessary as he died before they came. Feel for you.

It might help to have it done at home. Our old dog HATED the vets and his upset at going there would have made it worse all round, so they agreed to some to our house and he could have passed away in his comfortable, familiar surroundings. As I mentioned before it wasn't necessary as he died before they came. Feel for you.

Can only echo this US, if you can have him put to sleep in his own front room it will be much less distressing for him, and you.

It does cost a little more but it is worth it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not long enough.

My 6 year old (would have been 7 next week) Golden Retriever Lionel had a massive epileptic fit yesterday, and couldn't come get out of it.

He died in my arms this morning:-

Albion red scarf 009.jpg
Albion pets 001.jpg
Albion pets 005.jpg

I don't quite know what I'm doing I just gravitated here out of habit, I'm in bits at the moment.

But lets not forget what he was capable of:-

My dogs arse.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not long enough.

My 6 year old (would have been 7 next week) Golden Retriever Lionel had a massive epileptic fit yesterday, and couldn't come get out of it.

View attachment 42680
View attachment 42681
View attachment 42682

I don't quite know what I'm doing I just gravitated here out of habit, I'm in bits at the moment.

My dogs arse.

I am very sorry to hear that Stat, my thoughts are with you.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They are so amazing and just give without fuss or comment. 7 is no years for a dog and I lost a greyhound at that age, heartbreaking.

Its the only difficult part of pet ownership, I hope his football side win for him tomorrow.

Perhaps in the near future their is a poor rescue dog with your families name all over it, big paws to fill I am sure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are so amazing and just give without fuss or comment. 7 is no years for a dog and I lost a greyhound at that age, heartbreaking.

Its the only difficult part of pet ownership, I hope his football side win for him tomorrow.

Perhaps in the near future their is a poor rescue dog with your families name all over it, big paws to fill I am sure.
Thanks HHI.

My head is mush, I will dose up on Anadin and the rest of the Stat's will be having an early night.

We still have his older 'brother' a black lab.
As silver linings go it's not much but Lionel had the brains of a rocking horse and would have been lost without his 'brother'.

I'm just heart broken he didn't have a few more years, bar the fits he was healthy and strong as an ox.
He would always sit and sleep at my feet, if I moved he was 2 paces behind me.

He was a massive soppy bugger.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I got caught out when first using the underground in London, as there was a sign near an escalator saying 'DOGS MUST BE CARRIED', and I didn't have one, so I had to get the bus instead...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not long enough.

View attachment 42680
View attachment 42681
View attachment 42682

My dogs arse.

Devastating news mate. Keep strong and remember the love you gave him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here