Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Dog Food in the Air Fryer

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Hi, sorry for the off-topic question. My landlady cooked a chicken in the air fryer earlier. Afterwards, she added dog food pellets to soak up the juices in the pan. I was pretty revolted but she assured me it's just "normal human food, but in pellet form". I raised an eyebrow and she agreed to clean the air fryer thoroughly.

I can vaguely see the logic in her argument, but it still left me a little bit disgusted.

Live and let live, or totally unacceptable?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hi, sorry for the off-topic question. My landlady cooked a chicken in the air fryer earlier. Afterwards, she added dog food pellets to soak up the juices in the pan. I was pretty revolted but she assured me it's just "normal human food, but in pellet form". I raised an eyebrow and she agreed to clean the air fryer thoroughly.

I can vaguely see the logic in her argument, but it still left me a little bit disgusted.

Live and let live, or totally unacceptable?

:needpics:

Her, Dog and Oven, not necessarily in that order :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who hasn't come home from the pub, can't be arsed to cook, and tucked into a delicious tin of dog food?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
This is not normal, more worrying is what she does when you aren’t looking.

Did she eat the dog food?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its true pet food is just normal food. as long as you're not offered a bowl of chicken flavoured cereal, probably let it lie.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s not a bad idea, in principle . Use something to soak up the fatty stuff rather than pour it down the drain.

Not sure dog food would have been my go-to.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Doesn't everyone clean their air fryer after cooking meat in it? Amazing idea though if she's going to give the dog the kibble, my dog would think it was xmas! My dog has 'natural' dried food & I've just checked the ingredients & although I wouldn't eat it it seems ok. I'm going to try this for the dog though, let it cool a bit chuck some kibble into it, wait til it turns mushy and then try and mould t into really high fat treats for the next 3 days. Then clean my air fryer properly!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a sad story, someone you wouldn't describe as a pedigree chum.
He went for an audition with U2, when he miss-heard a rumour they wanted to replace Bonio.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Can this thread just be moved immediately to the Gold area or do you need to be a "Loyal (Kiss Ass) Supporter" for this to happen?

Asking for a (man's best) friend...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
My landlady cooked a chicken in the air fryer earlier. Afterwards, she added dog food pellets to soak up the juices in the pan.
Bone appetit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was she making collie flower cheese?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here