Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does your blood rise when you see Palace colours ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In answer to the original question no, but I often drive past Selhurst and make a gobbing and spit sound every time, much to the disgust and confusion of my passengers, my daughter is particulary disgusted but her boyfriend carries on the tradition when he goes past Selhurst with her now if I am not in the car.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm a bit confused why you introduced this Clive into the discussion?, he was not mention before, was not mentioned in the post you responded to.
A guy called Big Ron was mentioned but you responded with never met "clive ".
What was the relevance, or is this part of your ITK Want to be Danny Dyer persona?
KEEP UP AT THE BACK :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
nothing to answer too, you're not clued up it's as simple as that,it's getting boring now :wink:
regards
DR

Yes there is, the only boring part is you not being willing or able to answer the simple question.
I'll asked it again, read it more slowly and you may be able to absorb it.

A guy called Big Ron was mentioned No mention of anyone called clive.
Then you responded with a question "never met "clive " then"
What was the relevance of mentioning a person called Clive?
In more detail broken down to a single line:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I once saw bloke in a Nigel jester outfit wandering along the palace pier with his mates on a lovely summers day when a middle aged man in a Harrington jacket just walked up and smacked him so hard that his TDK logo was wrapped around his spine. Having dispatched the the palace braggart the bloke just lit up a fag and stared at the cowering bunch of south London day trippers and said "you twats want some too?..you don't wear those colours in this town" he then wandered off having recieved no takers.

I was struck by mixed emotions having witnessed this senseless violence. Firstly I was disgusted to see a young man sprawled on the pier planks outside Victoria's puking bile..secondly i thought the idiot brought it on himself and I would expect similar random acts of violence if I decided to wander round SE 20 in a big Brighton hat on..I wouldn't be so f***ing stupid.

I now suspect that pretty pink fairy may have been the protagonist.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Went for Sunday lunch down tut country pub and approaching the door I saw a filthy scruffy bloke in a palace tracksuit (yes you at the Sussex Oak in Warnham) standing outside the door puffing on your woodbine. I felt nothing but sympathy for him.

Guys at the end of the day he is just a footy fan like you and I, yes a rivalry is fun but hatred not, I would have had a pint with the guy.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Went for Sunday lunch down tut country pub and approaching the door I saw a filthy scruffy bloke in a palace tracksuit (yes you at the Sussex Oak in Warnham) standing outside the door puffing on your woodbine. I felt nothing but sympathy for him.

Guys at the end of the day he is just a footy fan like you and I, yes a rivalry is fun but hatred not, I would have had a pint with the guy.

Pity is more appropriate. If they go into the prem and get arse raped every week it will be, simultaneously, tragic and hilarious

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Two of my Stepbrothers are massive Palace fans. I see their colours all the time at our Stepdad's but I do refuse to drink tea out of their Palace mugs. I have recently installed a beautiful Albion crest mug on the cup tree. It is bigger and better made than their tat and is always moved to the top of the tree on my visits.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Two of my Stepbrothers are massive Palace fans. I see their colours all the time at our Stepdad's but I do refuse to drink tea out of their Palace mugs. I have recently installed a beautiful Albion crest mug on the cup tree. It is bigger and better made than their tat and is always moved to the top of the tree on my visits.

That is a nightmare scenario. Does that mean you have to buy palace toot for Christmas and birthdays?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That is a nightmare scenario. Does that mean you have to buy palace toot for Christmas and birthdays?

Ha, no we have an agreement that we avoid football stuff. One of them is quite jovial about the rivalry the other bangs on about the gay thing all the time but there you go. The really fervent one is a paramedic and works at Selhurst park a lot. He has offered me free tickets in the box for Brighton matches before but never taken him up on it!

Jan 30, 2008
Yes there is, the only boring part is you not being willing or able to answer the simple question.
I'll asked it again, read it more slowly and you may be able to absorb it.

A guy called Big Ron was mentioned No mention of anyone called clive.
Then you responded with a question "never met "clive " then"
In more detail broken down to a single line:
YOU MIGHT AS WELL GIVE UP clearly out of your depth :facepalm:
regards
Das reich

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
YOU MIGHT AS WELL GIVE UP clearly out of your depth :facepalm:
regards
Das reich

So help me to swim by answering,
What's so difficult?

You keep making statements whilst ignoring the actual question, its really quite weird ???

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Don't care in the slightest about Palace, as a 25 year old I wasn't alive for 'that' game and grew up with no reason to hate them. If we never played them ever again I'd very happily carry on with my life.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I was thinking of this thread this morning as I drove on the A27 from Worthing. A Toyota Yaris was in front of me with a window sticker "Pride of South London" with the Palace logo on the back window.

I was so ANGRY I was tempted to risk my own LIFE and rear-end him, drag him out through the window by the collar and PILE-DRIVE him on the bonnet UNDERTAKER style.

As it turns out I just checked my mirrors; indicated right; pulled into the outside lane and over-took him. I now sit in Shoreham Airport thinking about what could have been whilst my blood simmers. I'm so angry right now.

It did make me think mind you, if he was one of our West Sussex-based Palace posters....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here