Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does your blood rise when you see Palace colours ?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I have s slightly different emotion when it comes to Palace. I genuinely feel sorry for their supporters. It's just everything about them, their name, the location of the ground, the jesters outfits the team wear, the goal music, glad all over, the pitiful ultras everything is just a bit shit.

I was listening to Danny Baker on 5 live this morning and he was mentioning opposites he was saying " imagine being a supporter of a truly terrible team like, oh. Don't know, Crystal Palace".
Are you really unaware that Danny Baker is Millscum lowlife, raised from the cradle to loathe Palace?

Anybody who has even a passing interest in football knows that Palace are the most embarrassing mess south of the Watford Gap services. Worse than Gillingham even in terms of unfashionableness.

Hardly.

“And even then, supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I bet the bastard didn't apologise after his (probably) intentional net shots. :tosser:

:lolol:

He was going to (I think) before I managed to get it back and win the point. Ok he was about 12yo but I had to give him a 15 point head start to 21 and had BHAFC fans backing me, making me ultra competitive!

:albion2:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He was going to (I think) before I managed to get it back and win the point. Ok he was about 12yo but I had to give him a 15 point head start to 21 and had BHAFC fans backing me, making me ultra competitive!

:albion2:

So did you win? :p

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Was just speaking to somebody at work and we both agreed that you can be having the most normal and peaceful day but a car driving past with a palace sticker in it will make you instantly angry ! Im normally the mildest person around but these colours just make my blood boil. :rant:

Maybe i need help !

I would say that perhaps you need to get a life.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I swell with pride when I see the best colours in the football league.

Cant understand why it would provoke anger, thats quite disturbing isnt it ? When I see Brighton colours its only reminds me I need to get to the supermarket.

And if you hadn't burned them all down, you could.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Well I for one can't stand Crystal Palace. I wish them nothing but bad luck and misfortune. First result I check after we've played every time! My 5 year old son asked me (the last time we went to Ikea I drove them round Selhurst Park so they could see where the enemy play) if the next time we went to Crystal Palace could he poo on the ground :)
It's a rilvalry and part of what makes football so great!

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
And if you hadn't burned them all down, you could.

:lol: Thankfully, Finchley was unscathed. Its mostly Polish people here and I think they're just grateful they have more to eat than cabbage.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Only has an increased effect when we actually play them - at all other times meh. Is it just me that thinks like this ? I always build up a 'them and us' mentality against whoever we are playing - be it Cardiff, Hull or Palarse. Do people associate colours with only 1 club or do they dislike Barcelona kits as well ? :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only has an increased effect when we actually play them - at all other times meh. Is it just me that thinks like this ? I always build up a 'them and us' mentality against whoever we are playing - be it Cardiff, Hull or Palarse. Do people associate colours with only 1 club or do they dislike Barcelona kits as well ? :)

The current jester's outfit isn't very Barcelona, but I have no particular ill-will to the fool who wears it.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't be arsed to read all three pages but my two pennysworth is that I don't like Palace but that is the sporting rivalry. I know palace fans and can chat to them quite amicably. What does get me though is the fact that in our programme we have an Npower add which features a cartoon with Palace colours. Why can't he wear a blue and white scarf?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
you obviously don't know "clive", never mind bit before you time probably:wink:
regards
DR
I'm a bit confused why you introduced this Clive into the discussion?, he was not mention before, was not mentioned in the post you responded to.
A guy called Big Ron was mentioned but you responded with never met "clive ".
What was the relevance, or is this part of your ITK Want to be Danny Dyer persona?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here