Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does it feel like Christmas to you?

D

Deleted member 22389

Here is a suggestion, we shut the shops on Boxing day and the companies stop worrying about their sodding profits 24/7 for another day, give people a proper rest so they can be with family and friends and stop bombarding us with adverts on our TV for Boxing day sales, when we have not even had Christmas Day yet. Secondly it's Father Christmas not Santa Claus.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Here is a suggestion, we shut the shops on Boxing day and the companies stop worrying about their sodding profits 24/7 for another day, give people a proper rest so they can be with family and friends and stop bombarding us with adverts on our TV for Boxing day sales, when we have not even had Christmas Day yet.

I agree wholeheartedly.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Here is a suggestion, we shut the shops on Boxing day and the companies stop worrying about their sodding profits 24/7 for another day, give people a proper rest so they can be with family and friends and stop bombarding us with adverts on our TV for Boxing day sales, when we have not even had Christmas Day yet. Secondly it's Father Christmas not Santa Claus.

Why can't people go shopping if they want to?
Would you like to close just retail shops, or all supermarkets, off licences, restaurants, pubs, cinemas, theatres, petrol stations, football stadiums:ohmy:and any other place where people work/frequent??? ?
Otherwise how would we 'give people a proper rest'?

I agree on your second point.

D

Deleted member 22389

Why can't people go shopping if they want to?
Would you like to close just retail shops, or all supermarkets, off licences, restaurants, pubs, cinemas, theatres, petrol stations, football stadiums:ohmy:and any other place where people work/frequent??? ?
Otherwise how would we 'give people a proper rest'?

I agree on your second point.

I'm talking about the large shops. They have had enough money off people.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Went to Lakeside (from Canvey Island) around 7pm last night. Got home at 11pm. Still don't have all I need, and the one remaining item isn't even from me, it's a "can you please buy the present for so-and-so for as I don't know what to get them?" So I need to go to the shops, again, today. Brilliant.

Despite managing to avoid the cold that everyone else has had, I started to get tell-tale signs at the back of my throat yesterday lunchtime and I'm now full of snot. Great.

I got into my makeshift bed last night and thought "ooooh that's cold." Also: "and wet." My only guess is that the dog here had pissed on the bed during the day yesterday. This resulted in much shifting of beds and bed linen when I'd rather have been sleeping. The end result was sleeping on a bed cobbled together of foam bits and a single air bed on and under sleeping bags possibly last used in 1976. The ensuing dust and stuff means my eyes can now barely open, and I'm wheezing like most of the WSU massive having scaled the big stairs. Fantastic.

Merry ****ing Christmas everyone.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Good, perhaps, to recognise at this point that Christmas can be extra tough for those who've lost loved ones during the year.

I hope your family can get together and remember the good times, FL, but I appreciate it'll be a particularly poignant one. Good wishes to you all, and I'm sure plenty of NSCers would share that sentiment :thumbsup:

Thank you. And thanks for remembering. Means more then you realise.
Merry Christmas.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I can't get in the Christmassy mood at all, and it's nearly here now :( Every year around November I say to myself I'm really gonna go for it and get in the spirit nice and early but work and other daily stresses and distractions clouds my mind. The time just seems to shoot by and before you know it it's been and gone yet again. That's getting old for you I guess.

I will stick to my strict no ******* on Christmas Day rule though so that should help.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Never been much of a Christmas person (birthdays are more special IMO because they're individual) but I've got organised and spent more than I usually do this time - mentally I'm in a good place at this time of year for the first time in yonks.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Well my Missus has now departed for 'the holidays' with her parents so I'm all alone. Feels like Christmas now. :(

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
df84847df954aa81bb66f4c3695db14b.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Weird pre-Christmas as have just got home after a few days at Disneyland. Had a great time, but despite the obvious 'holiday theme', all the prep has passed me largely by. Going to see if a bottle of red and/or some port helps :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here