Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does it feel like Christmas to you?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Christmas is for family really and luckily my Becky is flying down from her new home in Edinburgh for 4 days tomorrow and laura is also down for the same time from Chertsey.

It's surprising how much you miss your kids when they are not around

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It makes you wonder if there are people in Africa will start singing their own version of the Band Aid single asking us if we know it's Christmas time. Judging by some responses, the answer would be no we don't know.

8bfaba7a671b85e3aab52d0c467adb8c.jpg

I'm feeling it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Personally, no it doesn't feel very Christmassy, but thats probably because i am at work this week and we are short staffed and over stretched a bit atm, and also normally i am off at this time of year. Also its not quite Christmas Eve yet, so i haven't started my Christmas shopping - always leaving it very late = less choice and therefore it's far easier to buy for people

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, Tomorrow I have to drive Mrs V and sis up to her mother's place in darkest Shropshire. It's going to be hell.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Went to Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park and paid £5.50 for an overgrown hotdog, £5 for mulled wine & £5 pint. Tried to walk down Oxford St but gave up. Struggled to get into my fav pub in the big city (Porterhouse in Covent Garden, pint of Red) and then took forever to get served. Aldi Monday was just stupid busy (drinks and nibbles) followed by Waitrose (veg) which was better. Off in a few minutes to get the turkey, beef, ham & sausages from the butcher, expect a queue as usual. Will pop in to the local for a Harveys lunchtime. Take into account it's only one day this year as we are out Friday there's a lot of food and drink in the house. Yes it's Christmas everybody.

I went to winter wonderland in Hyde Park. Take cash if you're going. £3 to use one of their cash points...£3 f******
quid. That is daylight robbery.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Recommend a Xmas Eve trip down London Road to get in the mood; carols blaring out from the Fire Station, pint of Christmas ale in the Mitre, load up on brie and satsumas in the Open Market. Perfick! :xmas:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nope. Not at all

Good, perhaps, to recognise at this point that Christmas can be extra tough for those who've lost loved ones during the year.

I hope your family can get together and remember the good times, FL, but I appreciate it'll be a particularly poignant one. Good wishes to you all, and I'm sure plenty of NSCers would share that sentiment :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On a personal note, I'm done with my shift now, no work Christmas Eve, so I'm sat up, glass of wine & catching up on TV I've missed this week. Christmas Day, I'll be in the office at 6am, but hopefully it'll be a peaceful one and I'll make it home in time for Christmas dinner at 2:30pm. Love it :)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I went to winter wonderland in Hyde Park. Take cash if you're going. £3 to use one of their cash points...£3 f******
quid. That is daylight robbery.

I consider that a fair idiot tax - why would you turn up to a fairground expecting to pay by card?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not really. I'm getting the pool ready and giving the BBQ oven the once over for tomorrow.
32 degrees but nice and windy, no sign of any snow yet.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
On a personal note, I'm done with my shift now, no work Christmas Eve, so I'm sat up, glass of wine & catching up on TV I've missed this week. Christmas Day, I'll be in the office at 6am, but hopefully it'll be a peaceful one and I'll make it home in time for Christmas dinner at 2:30pm. Love it :)

Hopefully for you and everyone in your jurisdiction it's a peaceful one :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not really. I'm getting the pool ready and giving the BBQ oven the once over for tomorrow.
32 degrees but nice and windy, no sign of any snow yet.

I'm not sure Christmas in Australia would ever feel like Christmas to me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully for you and everyone in your jurisdiction it's a peaceful one :)

I hope so, as (1) it means nobody out there is in one of those awful situations we don't like to talk about at Christmas, and (2) I get to finish on time. But thank you :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not sure Christmas in Australia would ever feel like Christmas to me.
It doesn't. This coupled with my in-laws makes it very hard to get excited about. Not my favorite time of year that is for sure.

Anyone know of any good Christmas tv this year?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not really. Been up since 03:30 and about to go to work. Xmas Day to be spent doing battle with the mother-in-law.

New Year's Eve! That's where I find my festive mojo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here