Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Chapman have any decent Coaching Qualifications?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Large One said:
For f*** sake, Gareth, it's not a party line.

Your argument (Chapman will be a manager because he was a 'winner' on the pitch, where Wilkins wasn't) is, at best - and let's give you the benefit of the doubt here - juvenile fantasy. In reality, it's pure, unadulterated BOLLOCKS.

You think your right I think I am right, no middle ground, time will tell

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I DO NOT rate Wilkins, one iota, I think he is a very poor manager with a very poor track record, I think BHAFC could get a much better manager, he is there to do a holding job but no one has any realistic expectations of this guy taking us anywhere, Dick Knight knows full well we are going nowhere with Wilkins in charge and nowhere will do for now but if/when we get Falmer the public's expectations along with the board's will I am sure be more progressive than regarding 18th in the 3rd division as an acceptable season. Wilkins is lucky in so far that he is in charge when expectations are so pitifully low and in any other club would have been put under intense pressure from the board and fans, I put to you 2 seperate 5 match losing runs and a 6 match losing run in less than a full season is very very worrying and if people think this shows promise it is pathetic.

We had the worst league home record and the 2nd worst in 92 teams in the football league with the 2nd lowest goals as well.

I am sure 20th will do next season and for that Wilkins can be thankful but I want the club to aspire to greater things and Wilkins is patently not the man to progress the club above the very very medicore.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
I DO NOT rate Wilkins, one iota, I think he is a very poor manager with a very poor track record, I think BHAFC could get a much better manager, he is there to do a holding job but no one has any realistic expectations of this guy taking us anywhere, Dick Knight knows full well we are going nowhere with Wilkins in charge and nowhere will do for now but if/when we get Falmer the public's expectations along with the board's will I am sure be more progressive than regarding 18th in the 3rd division as an acceptable season. Wilkins is lucky in so far that he is in charge when expectations are so pitifully low and in any other club would have been put under intense pressure from the board and fans, I put to you 2 seperate 5 match losing runs and a 6 match losing run in less than a full season is very very worrying and if people think this shows promise it is pathetic.

We had the worst league home record and the 2nd worst in 92 teams in the football league with the 2nd lowest goals as well.

I am sure 20th will do next season and for that Wilkins can be thankful but I want the club to aspire to greater things and Wilkins is patently not the man to progress the club above the very very medicore.

I think the proof with Wilkins will be after this summer. He inherited a depleted squad, low on confidence that had also had the issues of splits due to certain players.

We put some decent runs together, but as is the nature with young sides we were inconsistent. What we lack is a decent finisher as we have done since 2004. There is not a huge amount of difference amongst most of the sides in this division, but you need somebody to put away the chances and that is something ourself's and a number of other sides lacked.

The nucleus of a reasonably promising squad is in place, but it needs some vital additions, if Wilkins can pull this off then you might be surprised.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:

That wasn't what I asked. All you gave us was a rant. And a very selective one at that.

Pisspoor effort, Glover. Utterly pisspoor.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Al I am afraid it will have to do :p

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Uncle Buck said:
We put some decent runs together, but as is the nature with young sides we were inconsistent. What we lack is a decent finisher as we have done since 2004. There is not a huge amount of difference amongst most of the sides in this division, but you need somebody to put away the chances and that is something ourself'snd a number of other sides lacked.

Nail on the head.

That is exactly what we need. A decent striker covers many deficiencies. We need a decent striker and then make sure we create the chances.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Nail on the head.

That is exactly what we need. A decent striker covers many deficiencies. We need a decent striker and then make sure we create the chances.

We can create chances as was shown when Bas went on that odd scoring streak.

A midfield of Reid, Hammond, Bertin and Cox does not look to bad, a decent balance of graft and creativity and in Hammond a player that can make late runs into the box with some results.

With Whing and a decent finisher (who can stay fit) I reckon we are top 10 with one eye on the play offs.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lokki 7 said:
Seriously ALAN, did you expect anything else?

Pipe down

The Large One said:
I was trying to be fair and let Gareth put across a sensible, balanced appraisal of the managerial team, their working relationship and their working methods.

I take it you have never read his posts on NSC before then? Have you just taken him off your ignore list?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lokki 7 said:
I take it you have never read his posts on NSC before then? Have you just taken him off your ignore list?
You know when you're concentrating hard on something, like doing some work, or driving a car, or watching a really engrossing film (not some puerile shit like ET or Lassie), and you're totally into it, then a tiny buzzing fly appears in the confined space you're in that you really want to slap shut or waft away...?

The Large One said:
You know when you're concentrating hard on something, like doing some work, or driving a car, or watching a really engrossing film (not some puerile shit like ET or Lassie), and you're totally into it, then a tiny buzzing fly appears in the confined space you're in that you really want to slap shut or waft away...?

Yes, yes I do. (Except for the concentrating hard at work bit of course.)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Large One said:
I was trying to be fair and let Gareth put across a sensible, balanced appraisal of the managerial team, their working relationship and their working methods.

Silly me.

Alan I gave a sensible post, why is it when someone disagrees on a purely football related basis , the personal insults start up, why insult films I like Al, Piers its expected, but I am dissapointed you feel the need to be personally insulting

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Uncle Spielberg said:
Alan I gave a sensible post, why is it when someone disagrees on a purely football related basis , the personal insults start up, why insult films I like Al, Piers its expected, but I am dissapointed you feel the need to be personally insulting

Pipe down

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So who is responsible for our away record in the league which I understand was one of the best?

Chapman was only at the home games wasnt he....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here