Does Chapman have any decent Coaching Qualifications?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
Noted that Chapman is leaving Whitehawk to take up full time position with the Albion.
Is this another cheap addition or does he have the necessary Qualifications for a side that intends to improve its self.
In fact I would be interested to learn of the coaching qualifications of the other staff at Withdean.
I note the pre-season matches are planned with non-league teams, is the coaching going along the same lines?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
C.Gull said:
Noted that Chapman is leaving Whitehawk to take up full time position with the Albion.
Is this another cheap addition or does he have the necessary Qualifications for a side that intends to improve its self.
In fact I would be interested to learn of the coaching qualifications of the other staff at Withdean.
I note the pre-season matches are planned with non-league teams, is the coaching going along the same lines?
Interesting.

Dean Wilkins is often referred to on here as the 'cheap option', yet has a string of coaching qualifications.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Chapman is a born winner, Wilkins is not

Chapman for manager of the 1st team , sooner rather than later.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Chapman is a born winner, Wilkins is not

Chapman for manager of the 1st team , sooner rather than later.

:lolol: I'm sure you say these things as a wind up.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Give the bloke a chance. He is an Albion man. Wilkins would not want him if he didn't rate him.

Far better Chapman than some footballing mercenary who is here today gone tomorrow.

We have got a promising young manager who is loyal to our Club - I am happy with that.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
C.Gull said:

A certain Mr. Hendrik Johannes Cruijff (that's Johan Cruyff to most of us) didn't have any qualifications when he first started coaching either - don't think many people would have complained if he'd been offered a coaching job at their club.

Coaching isn't about paper qualifications.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:p

I will try not to lose any sleep over it Al.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Les Biehn said:
:lolol: I'm sure you say these things as a wind up.

Les

I would much rather have Chapman is charge than Wilkins if we must appoint from within, Chapman was a winner on the pitch and Wilkins was a lightweight, chapman would inspire much more respect and attitude from the players and not take any shit from them imho.

I am confident Wilkins will be sacked by November after his shortcomings cannot be ignored anymore and Ian will step into the breach and we can at last move forward as a team and as a club.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
Les

I would much rather have Chapman is charge than Wilkins if we must appoint from within, Chapman was a winner on the pitch and Wilkins was a lightweight, chapman would inspire much more respect and attitude from the players and not take any shit from them imho.

I am confident Wilkins will be sacked by November after his shortcomings cannot be ignored anymore and Ian will step into the breach and we can at last move forward as a team and as a club.
Les is right. It must be a wind-up.

There are so many holes in that argument, you could market it as a new Swiss cheese. *

* Gag taken from 'Amy & Amiability' from Blackadder The Third.

Last edited:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Uncle Spielberg said:
Les

Do you just talk bollocks for the sake of it? How confident are you that Wilkins will be sacked by November ? (10 %, 25 %, 70 %, 100%) ????

Always the sign of a good coach....somebody who 'does not take any shit'.....

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Les

How do you know Wilkin's takes shit from the players? From what I have seen he doesn't take any crap.

What type of player you are doesn't define you as a coach, look at George Graham.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Les Biehn said:
How do you know Wilkin's takes shit from the players? From what I have seen he doesn't take any crap.

What type of player you are doesn't define you as a coach, look at George Graham.
Or Alex Ferguson. Or Arsene Wenger. Or Nobby Stiles. Or Bobby Moore.

Great players / crap managers and vice versa.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Large One said:
Les is right. It must be a wind-up.

There are so many holes in that argument, you could market it as a new Swiss cheese. *

* Gag taken from 'Amy & Amiability' from Blackadder The Third.

its harsh but fair Alan

Uncle Spielberg said:

I am confident Wilkins will be sacked by November

Then today is your lucky day Unc. I will offer you odds of 4/1 on Wilkins being sacked by 30th November 2007. Free money right? How much do you want on it, LARGE I assume?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lokki £ 20 at 4/1

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: Does Chapman have any decent Coaching Qualifications?

TonyW said:
A certain Mr. Hendrik Johannes Cruijff (that's Johan Cruyff to most of us) didn't have any qualifications when he first started coaching either - don't think many people would have complained if he'd been offered a coaching job at their club.

Coaching isn't about paper qualifications.

and the chosen one, Jose, started off as Bobby Robson's interpreter.

And, Bryan Robson has got coaching qualifications so make of that what you will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports