Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone think we might be close to a revolution?

Not until it stops raining and gets warmer - April at the earliest unless there is something good on the telly that night.

What is it that the majority really want anyway?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Given how many had died in the first world war, a revolt in the '20's was probably not on anyone's agenda, but there was plenty of civil unrest and strike action through the '20's and 30's as the working class sort more parity with the ruling class.

fair point, though this goes to show how complex histories are. i dont think revolt is on the average man's agenda now either.

You need to get your conspiricy theorys straight. The one about the 20s is causing the great depression in order to give more power to the banks. The world war wasn't until the 40s.

i'm sure Falmer will weave a narrative that involves the powers that be orchestrating the war to gain power, subdue the population with a distraction and make lots of money for industrial owners, bankers and the "elite", with all side coorindinating events to this end and presumably the conclusion pre-determined too.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
fair point, though this goes to show how complex histories are. i dont think revolt is on the average man's agenda now either.

i'm sure Falmer will weave a narrative that involves the powers that be orchestrating the war to gain power, subdue the population with a distraction and make lots of money for industrial owners, bankers and the "elite", with all side coorindinating events to this end and presumably the conclusion pre-determined too.

sometimes the best things to teach people are what they already know.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
That had nothing to do with your claim that WWII was started as a response to domestic civil unrest in the 20's and 30's. That's what I'm interested in, not a coming WWIII or the Americans in WWI.

yes it does, its basically sayingthat the civil unrest was pre-meditated just like the current one.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Captain Swing Employment Policies Plan

"M'Lord, the plebs have been revolting again."
"Call in the Guards, hang the ringleaders and send the rest off to the colonies."
"Can't do sir, this is the twenty first century."
"Well what do they want?"
"They want the land back that your grandpa stole from them."
"It is for the greater good, our capital investment is producing dividends."
"They don't see that way M'Lord. They see your galavanting around in your helicopters with your wife in fancy dress ..."
"Let them get a job."
"All the good jobs have been given to your useless nephews because they were playing with firelighters."
"Well let the plebs pick up the trash!"

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
yes it does, its basically sayingthat the civil unrest was pre-meditated just like the current one.

No, it doesn't. He talks about a coming world war three. He then mentions the carnegie foundation that wanted to change the face of America permanently and decided that a war was the best option. Then they told Woodrow Wilson to stay in the war for as long as it took to change America. He doesn't mention WWII at all. Or any domestic civil unrest in the 20's and 30's, let alone that it was premeditated to cause WWII.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You need to get your conspiricy theorys straight. The one about the 20s is causing the great depression in order to give more power to the banks. The world war wasn't until the 40s.

There's something happening out here, man. You know something, man? I know something that you don't know. That's right, Billy. The man is clear in his mind, but his soul is mad. Oh, yeah.

Hey, man, you don't talk to Falmer. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
No, it doesn't. He talks about a coming world war three. He then mentions the carnegie foundation that wanted to change the face of America permanently and decided that a war was the best option. Then they told Woodrow Wilson to stay in the war for as long as it took to change America. He doesn't mention WWII at all. Or any domestic civil unrest in the 20's and 30's, let alone that it was premeditated to cause WWII.

Why try arguing with Falmer. He is so obviously convinced of this claptrap that anything you say is going to be ignored or answered with yet more badly argued tosh. This Woodrow Wilson line illustrates such a complete lack of understanding of Americas attitude to the first world war and how the war came to an end that it doesn't warrant consideration.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
If we do it will go full circle and we will all end up where we started.

Because that is a revolution

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why try arguing with Falmer. He is so obviously convinced of this claptrap that anything you say is going to be ignored or answered with yet more badly argued tosh. This Woodrow Wilson line illustrates a complete lack of understanding of Americas attitude to the first world war and how the war came to an end that it doesn't warrant consideration.

I'm not trying to argue with him! I was genuinely curious as to what evidence/reasoning there is for the (bold) claim that WWII was the result of (planned) domestic civil unrest in the 20's and 30's. It's the first time that I've ever heard anyone make that claim so just wanted to find out what it actually involved. I'm not interested in then arguing about it. Just want to know the details of the theory. Sadly, none seem to be forthcoming.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
There's something happening out here, man. You know something, man? I know something that you don't know. That's right, Billy. The man is clear in his mind, but his soul is mad. Oh, yeah.

Hey, man, you don't talk to Falmer. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense.

And he's a lot funnier than you.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Why try arguing with Falmer. He is so obviously convinced of this claptrap that anything you say is going to be ignored or answered with yet more badly argued tosh. This Woodrow Wilson line illustrates such a complete lack of understanding of Americas attitude to the first world war and how the war came to an end that it doesn't warrant consideration.

so why did world war 1 begin?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

alas! i fear for you that these internet warriors may be able to say something anonymously, but when it comes to doing it, it just won't be the same.

the sad thing too, about today, is that individuality is preached, but people get the wrong end of the stick, try too hard, and end up forming another clique, usually a group of hypocrites who still believe it's the 80s. Then they gather on messageboards, or in a town park, where they think people will notice and applaud their cause.

Neo Hippies are a piss take of the movement in the 60s...

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
alas! i fear for you that these internet warriors may be able to say something anonymously, but when it comes to doing it, it just won't be the same.

the sad thing too, about today, is that individuality is preached, but people get the wrong end of the stick, try too hard, and end up forming another clique, usually a group of hypocrites who still believe it's the 80s. Then they gather on messageboards, or in a town park, where they think people will notice and applaud their cause.

Neo Hippies are a piss take of the movement in the 60s...

have you forgotten what happened way back in August 2011?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here