Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone think we might be close to a revolution?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Read a proper history book, why?

because then you might realise how often we in Britain revolt. Even in the general strike of the 1920's it didnt go that far. in more recent times, after the Iraq march, everyone went back to work on Monday. we dont even riot for ideology anymore, the summer saw kids more concerned with nicking trainers and phones than a fermenting a popular uprising.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
because then you might realise how often we in Britain revolt. Even in the general strike of the 1920's it didnt go that far. in more recent times, after the Iraq march, everyone went back to work on Monday. we dont even riot for ideology anymore, the summer saw kids more concerned with nicking trainers and phones than a fermenting a popular uprising.

The 1920's was over 90 years ago. Times have changed and times are a changing. keep up and you must just see the revolution.

Using Bozza's link to amazon of course, the V is for Vendetta Guy Fawkes mask is now Amazon's best selling mask...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubies-Costume-Co-Vendetta-Mask/dp/B000UVGLHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323336251&sr=8-1

Revolution anyone!?

The whole mask fiasco reminds me of when we 'stuck it to the man' by making Rage Against the Machine Xmas number 1 ahead of X factor. That'll be RATM who are signed to Sony, as preferred to the X Factor winner who was signed to an imprint run by Simon Cowell that was owned by... Sony.

In answer to the OP, no, no I don't. And are you really trying to dispute that Anonymous (who are now little more than a laughing stock) were ever anything other than a bunch of geeks?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
You say you want a revolution,well, you know we all want to change the world.You tell me that it's evolution well, but when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out.Don't you know it's gonna be all right

That has the makings of a good song. I would copyright that if I were you.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The whole mask fiasco reminds me of when we 'stuck it to the man' by making Rage Against the Machine Xmas number 1 ahead of X factor. That'll be RATM who are signed to Sony, as preferred to the X Factor winner who was signed to an imprint run by Simon Cowell that was owned by... Sony.

Meet the new boss..........same as the old boss

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I think there eventually be a quiet, middle class revolution, where all the people that work and pay tax will say enough is enough regarding the spongers and the scroungers of the underclass.

It could end up with people being made to do some kind of community work for their benefit, or perhaps even some benefits paid out in food vouchers that cant be swapped for fags or alcohol.

Somethings got to change because we are in danger of becoming a scum nation.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It used to be that the target country for immigrants was the US, " I want to go to a country where the poorest citizens are fat".

Now its the UK "I want to go a country where the poorest citizens have designer trainers, smart phones and sky tv".

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
too much of a police state for any rev in uk. all people are easily tracked, and cctv everywhere, media will convert middle class to oppose any rev.

uk is game over, poverty drones working for gm foods and loving life coz their tracked iphones have a bubble wrap app, and xfactor is on after the "footy."

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The 1920's was over 90 years ago. Times have changed and times are a changing.

you're quite right, and thats the point: the standards of living and well being of the British people are a light year away from then. if they didnt revolt in the 20's or 30's, why now? too many people realise their bread is quite well buttered, even if they would like some jam too.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
It used to be that the target country for immigrants was the US, " I want to go to a country where the poorest citizens are fat".

Now its the UK "I want to go a country where the poorest citizens have designer trainers, smart phones and sky tv".

And now it's also 'why are they complaining. look they have cloths, a form of comunication and a TV, why the f*** do they want freedom?'

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
you're quite right, and thats the point: the standards of living and well being of the British people are a light year away from then. if they didnt revolt in the 20's or 30's, why now? too many people realise their bread is quite well buttered, even if they would like some jam too.

because 1000,000 years ago we used to be apes. We are different people to the ones nearly a century ago.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Given how many had died in the first world war, a revolt in the '20's was probably not on anyone's agenda, but there was plenty of civil unrest and strike action through the '20's and 30's as the working class sort more parity with the ruling class.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Given how many had died in the first world war, a revolt in the '20's was probably not on anyone's agenda, but there was plenty of civil unrest and strike action through the '20's and 30's as the working class sort more parity with the ruling class.

so how did the government deal with it? Answer: A world war.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here