Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Does anyone know what this flag is?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
This reminds me, season 2 of Good Omens is coming out in a couple days; here's hoping it's not shit.

And I think the question about the flag has been answered, no? Even if it was just used as a very transparent attempt at "casually" starting a discussion about the Antichrist. So, case closed, the purpose of the thread was fulfilled.

When I posted this topic, it was quite a spontaneous thing. I thought, wow, this guy says that this is the flag the antichrist is going to use. That's quite interesting. I wonder whether anyone else knows about it or has any idea about it, and bosh! Thread posted. But yeah, unsurprisingly it has led to the conversation we're having, although only because @Harry Wilson's tackle asked where I got it from. If no one had asked I'd have left it. Anyway, is it okay with you for us to be discussing this topic? I know there's the shhh agenda 🤫, don't talk about Jesus, but it seems that most topics are okay, and we're all adults capable of not being upset about a conversation that touches on such things, aren't we?
Is Woke a significant factor in any upcoming General Election?
Sentencing for 110mph wankpanzer driver. (Sorry can't find original thread)
What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.
Mushrooming
Lip implants - how (are they affordable)?
Elon Musk and Twitter

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
When I posted this topic, it was quite a spontaneous thing. I thought, wow, this guy says that this is the flag the antichrist is going to use. That's quite interesting. I wonder whether anyone else knows about it or has any idea about it, and bosh! Thread posted. But yeah, unsurprisingly it has led to the conversation we're having, although only because @Harry Wilson's tackle asked where I got it from. If no one had asked I'd have left it. Anyway, is it okay with you for us to be discussing this topic? I know there's the shhh agenda 🤫, don't talk about Jesus, but it seems that most topics are okay, and we're all adults capable of not being upset about a conversation that touches on such things, aren't we?
Mushrooming
Elon Musk and Twitter
I've just read the thread, having avoided posting on it previously. The way you used a flag created by some crackpot Youtuber to tell people about your antichrist, was disingenuous. It was never your intention to discuss the flag at all.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Mushrooming
Elon Musk and Twitter
I'm not a mod and I can easily ignore online conversations if I don't want to take part in them, so by all means go ahead. I was just pointing out that the title question (including the "Politics" flair) has now become slightly misleading in representing the content of the thread, that's to say we've wandered a bit off topic.

If you want fewer disgruntled responses by people who think you've just cornered them into a surprise sermon, I suggest you open a single permanent thread where you talk about Christianity and debate with people who might disagree with what you say about it. You can name it "Kuzushi's Christian Preaching" or "Kuzushi's Sunday School" or whatever, and add a new comment to it whenever you feel like discussing Christian theology on here. This way this topic won't derail other discussions and people will know the place to go if they want to argue about it. It's just my personal suggestion though, obviously.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mushrooming
Elon Musk and Twitter
Sorry, mate. I haven't been entirely fair. I am guessing (and I may be wrong) that you may have some religious beliefs. I don't. I am also autistic and part of that involves a need to feel secure about the literal meaning of things (which is part of what dragged me into being a scientist). Ambiguity, however is fun. So is mysticism, science fiction and fantasy. I enjoy the arts. I'm a paradoxical sort of cove.

Where does this leave us? I cannot conceive of an argument (or narrative) that uses reason logic and (most important) evidence to show how the Comsat Angels are better than U2. But I find it quite fun listening to the arguments. Likewise I cannot conceive of an argument (etc. etc.) that Jesus (or Mohammed) or god or satan have their hand in all things. For those (and there are plenty on NSC) who have gentle faith on a god, and find comfort in New Testament bible stories, great.

If you fancy, on the other hand, pursuing a larger conversational agenda that hints at the folly and perhaps danger and even threat to others of not using ritual and mysticism to ward off satan, that's also fine. But there comes a tipping point where people like me are likely to descend into mockery.

If you are happy with that, and we are not annoying too many of the moderators too much, I am sure our wittering will be tolerated :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm not a mod and I can easily ignore online conversations if I don't want to take part in them, so by all means go ahead. I was just pointing out that the title question (including the "Politics" flair) has now become slightly misleading in representing the content of the thread, that's to say we've wandered a bit off topic.

If you want fewer disgruntled responses by people who think you've just cornered them into a surprise sermon, I suggest you open a single permanent thread where you talk about Christianity and debate with people who might disagree with what you say about it. You can name it "Kuzushi's Christian Preaching" or "Kuzushi's Sunday School" or whatever, and add a new comment to it whenever you feel like discussing Christian theology on here. This way this topic won't derail other discussions and people will know the place to go if they want to argue about it. It's just my personal suggestion though, obviously.
Well said. You set the right tone as well, unlike me. @kuzushi, my apologies for my previous post. It was unnecessary, I hope and believe.

Very good idea about a - single - permanent thread about Christianity. No more false flags please.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
If we assume that God and Satan (or what you'd like to call him) actually do exist... what are the disadvantages of the latter? What is there to fear, really?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
If we assume that God and Satan (or what you'd like to call him) actually do exist... what are the disadvantages of the latter? What is there to fear, really?
There are two beings that are vying for domination of everything. One (the good one) is the creator of all things, is infinitely more powerful than the other one, loves us, and is the source of everything good. The other (the bad one) is the source of all that is evil. We live in the world, which is a temporary state of affairs. Look at the world we live in. All the suffering, all the disease, all the pain, suicide, murder, crime, evil, is the work of the evil one. He hates God, and therefore he hates us because we are in the image of God. The parable of the weeds describes the current scenario. It also describes what's going to happen in the end.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
There are two beings that are vying for domination of everything. One (the good one) is the creator of all things, is infinitely more powerful than the other one, loves us, and is the source of everything good. The other (the bad one) is the source of all that is evil. We live in the world, which is a temporary state of affairs. Look at the world we live in. All the suffering, all the disease, all the pain, suicide, murder, crime, evil, is the work of the evil one. He hates God, and therefore he hates us because we are in the image of God. The parable of the weeds describes the current scenario. It also describes what's going to happen in the end.
Well in that case, evil must certainly have had a great amount of power for a very long time considering there is much evidence indicating humans have killed and fought each other for basically our entire existence.
A lot of the "evil" also appears to be quite subjective. The supposedly "good" people/entities for a very long time promoted the idea that having a beer in the sun and putting something in the arse of the wifey were examples of evil, while me myself certainly found a lot of love doing both those things.
"Good" people appear to play golf and read prayers... I'm not a fan. Possible I might go burn in hell but I'm thinking that will be a lot more fun than going to heaven to play golf with Mother Teresa for eternity.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Well in that case, evil must certainly have had a great amount of power for a very long time considering there is much evidence indicating humans have killed and fought each other for basically our entire existence.
A lot of the "evil" also appears to be quite subjective. The supposedly "good" people/entities for a very long time promoted the idea that having a beer in the sun and putting something in the arse of the wifey were examples of evil, while me myself certainly found a lot of love doing both those things.
"Good" people appear to play golf and read prayers... I'm not a fan. Possible I might go burn in hell but I'm thinking that will be a lot more fun than going to heaven to play golf with Mother Teresa for eternity.
Out of curiosity, did you look up the parable of the weeds?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
You don't need to go to hell at all. That's precisely the reason why Jesus came to earth 2000 years ago: to atone for our sins so that we could be forgiven and thereby be spared the wrath of God. All you have to do is accept the truth about Jesus, repent and follow him for the rest of your life. Start reading your Bible, especially the bits where Jesus is speaking, and find a Church where the people take Jesus seriously and put him first in their lives. Jesus said what good does it do if you gain the whole world but lose your soul?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
You don't need to go to hell at all. That's precisely the reason why Jesus came to earth 2000 years ago: to atone for our sins so that we could be forgiven and thereby be spared the wrath of God. All you have to do is accept the truth about Jesus, repent and follow him for the rest of your life. Start reading your Bible, especially the bits where Jesus is speaking, and find a Church where the people take Jesus seriously and put him first in their lives. Jesus said what good does it do if you gain the whole world but lose your soul?
But the Bible is just a collection of fairy tales that are different depending on who you ask.

For example, there was never a line about being gay being a sin until 1948, previous to that it was about sleeping with children, something plenty of high up Christians seem to do.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What about those unlucky enough to be born 3000 years ago? Or indigenous Amazonian tribes who have never heard of the bloke and who worship a tree frog or whatever? Are they all a bit stuffed soul-wise? Don't seem very fair

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Well said. You set the right tone as well, unlike me. @kuzushi, my apologies for my previous post. It was unnecessary, I hope and believe.

Very good idea about a - single - permanent thread about Christianity. No more false flags please.

I started one, but it got shut down immediately, even though it's okay to talk about UFO's mushrooms and everything else.

Apparently just having a thread about Christianity is proselytising. Even if that were the case, what would the problem be? Isn't it good to have a dedicated thread for it? Are atheists so fragile that they are going to cry if there is a Christianity thread here? It's not as if all the other threads here are strictly and only about football.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I started one, but it got shut down immediately, even though it's okay to talk about UFO's mushrooms and everything else.

Apparently just having a thread about Christianity is proselytising. Even if that were the case, what would the problem be? Isn't it good to have a dedicated thread for it? Are atheists so fragile that they are going to cry if there is a Christianity thread here? It's not as if all the other threads here are strictly and only about football.
Like I said, it's the shhh agenda. Don't talk about Jesus! 🤫

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here