Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The North Stand Chat thread for Christians, seekers, and other people

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
This thread has been at the behest of @Sepulveda and the endorsement of @Eric the meek who didn't want any more false flags

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Well @Sepulveda, I guess we've only got ourselves to blame.

The moral here is - be careful what you wish for. We wished for a single thread about Christianity (in place of all the threads with hidden agendas), and this is the result.

Seeing as I'm a non-believer, this is a proper f***-up. My apologies to everyone affected.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well @Sepulveda, I guess we've only got ourselves to blame.

The moral here is - be careful what you wish for. We wished for a single thread about Christianity (in place of all the threads with hidden agendas), and this is the result.

Seeing as I'm a non-believer, this is a proper f***-up. My apologies to everyone affected.
Taking the scant positives from this nutter, many of us have learnt a new word, even if we'd struggle to actually say it...

verb
gerund or present participle: proselytising
  1. convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.
    "the programme did have a tremendous evangelical effect, proselytizing many"

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Taking the scant positives from this nutter, many of us have learnt a new word, even if we'd struggle to actually say it...

verb
gerund or present participle: proselytising
  1. convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.
    "the programme did have a tremendous evangelical effect, proselytizing many"
Yes, you're right. I saw the word, didn't know what it meant, and didn't look it up, assuming that as it sounds like proletariat, it must have something to do with communists and the bourgeoisie. I usually perform better than that, but I've gone to pieces all of a sudden.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Sikh Thank You GIF by asianhistorymonth

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely there’s a religious forum for this sort of nonsense. Politely, please take the hint and go there.
Yes, you're right. I saw the word, didn't know what it meant, and didn't look it up, assuming that as it sounds like proletariat, it must have something to do with communists and the bourgeoisie. I usually perform better than that, but I've gone to pieces all of a sudden.
I have been forced to use the word a lot in my game when I handle scientific manuscripts (as an editor) that hypes ideas or data.

We have lots of politics threads and even football threads where people argue the toss, but what is special about this thread was that it purported to be a thread where people with one view about a deeply contentious and divisive issue set out to celebrate their partial view, with folk having a different view excluded. There is a special place for that. It's called a church (or mosque or, or, I can't remember the names of houses of genuflection for other cults - apologies. Coven - that's one!).

Is this the first time an OP has been banned from his own thread?

Incidentally I still haven't got any sense out of him on the true meaning of the number of the beast. other than an invitation to go off and read pages and pages of old tat. In my view if you can't make a coherent synopsis of something in three sentences then it means it doesn't make any sense. In fact I'm going to start a thread on it.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I have been forced to use the word a lot in my game when I handle scientific manuscripts (as an editor) that hypes ideas or data.

We have lots of politics threads and even football threads where people argue the toss, but what is special about this thread was that it purported to be a thread where people with one view about a deeply contentious and divisive issue set out to celebrate their partial view, with folk having a different view excluded. There is a special place for that. It's called a church (or mosque or, or, I can't remember the names of houses of genuflection for other cults - apologies. Coven - that's one!).

Is this the first time an OP has been banned from his own thread?

Incidentally I still haven't got any sense out of him on the true meaning of the number of the beast. other than an invitation to go off and read pages and pages of old tat. In my view if you can't make a coherent synopsis of something in three sentences then it means it doesn't make any sense. In fact I'm going to start a thread on it.
I think I would like your job. I'm in my element when I am finding fault in other people's work. The mistakes jump off the page at me. My own output is always perfect of course.

I can't tell you if this is the first time an OP has been banned from his own thread. I only joined the forum in 2020, so have little knowledge of what transpired prior to that year, unless it happens to crop up in subsequent threads. But it would constitute quite a feat, worthy of legendary status. I see that the thread has already been moved to the bear pit. I have no doubt that the OP will be completely mystified as to why this is.

There is a part of me (my younger self) that wants to engage with evangelists because I believe they are wrong, but my older self knows that I stand no chance of persuading them that they are wrong. Some things in life are pointless.

The OP is clearly an evangelist, but one who also appears not to be very good at it. He/she does not have the capacity to read the room. Either that, or an answer of 'no thanks' is somehow received as yet further evidence that the evil one needs to be expunged. I would have suggested it may be time to revisit the customer onboarding process, but as I said, some things in life are pointless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here