Does anyone know of any IMMINENT player signings by the albion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Apologies. Should have been clearer. The players that poyet signed and deals have ended. That leaves only a few I think.

Calde - extended/new deal
Bruno - extended/new deal
Anks - extended/new deal
Kaz - option taken up
Upson - new deal offered

??? ??? ???

Oh and Crofts - player of the season and leading scorer up to the point he got injured.........like we were going to release him !?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Opinion, not source. Never alluded to anyone telling me. The best thing of all, at this present time, you do not know if I am right or wrong.lets wait for a bounce from one of us.

I have no idea whether you're right or wrong, and I don't have an opinion on it. If you're right, good for you.

But it appears your opinion based on something you perceive as 'obvious'...? All I asked was - how is it 'obvious'?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Whilst we are on the subject of random facts about them...PIG used to go out to his car in the night and have a ciggi and Oscar's dog is called Set, seven in catalan. Just thought id throw that into the mix.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Calde - extended/new deal
Bruno - extended/new deal
Anks - extended/new deal
Kaz - option taken up
Upson - new deal offered

??? ??? ???

Oh and Crofts - player of the season and leading scorer up to the point he got injured.........like we were going to release him !?

Yes, I genuinely believe that Crofts had his deal been up this year would have been released, or at most would have been offered a short term deal on a significantly reduced wage. I see Crofts, TK, Orlandi, CMS, Agustein and Bruno as assets that are depreciating in value day by day. All of these player I believe are or were high earners at the club. The ROI on all these players I would argue has not been good enough and all signed under the Poyet stewardship.

I believe that if an offer is made in January for Crofts, CMS, Agustein or any player who's contract is up at the end of the season then they will be sold similar to Ashley Barnes.

I struggle to see how Crofts will be more than a squad/bench player this season. JFC, Ince, Stephens, Toko plus new players that will be signed I think should all be ahead of Crofts in the starting eleven. All of the players I've just mentioned will improve with every game they play and as such increase in value. I believe this to be the correct approach.

With regards to calde, bruno, anks and kaz. I think Calde and Anks are very good value for money and probably relatively cheap which is why new deals were offered. Kaz is a young player with market value and not on huge money as he was signed at a very young age. The decision to take the year option was correct. I expected Bruno to be released, I think it would be interesting to know how this new offer compares to the contract that has just ended and similarly Upson.

Its my opinion, I'm sure you and many other may not agree. That's why I joined NSC to debate this sort of thing, so thanks for your reply.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I have no idea whether you're right or wrong, and I don't have an opinion on it. If you're right, good for you.

But it appears your opinion based on something you perceive as 'obvious'...? All I asked was - how is it 'obvious'?
I have never mentioned source or spoken to someone at the club, unlike you of course. Still not seen you name any sources though.
Like your opinion on the club getting the keys to the training ground on the 27th June, was that a source, maybe some one should have told Sami before he did his press conference from there today, oh dear

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Yes, I genuinely believe that Crofts had his deal been up this year would have been released, or at most would have been offered a short term deal on a significantly reduced wage. I see Crofts, TK, Orlandi, CMS, Agustein and Bruno as assets that are depreciating in value day by day. All of these player I believe are or were high earners at the club. The ROI on all these players I would argue has not been good enough and all signed under the Poyet stewardship.

I believe that if an offer is made in January for Crofts, CMS, Agustein or any player who's contract is up at the end of the season then they will be sold similar to Ashley Barnes.

I struggle to see how Crofts will be more than a squad/bench player this season. JFC, Ince, Stephens, Toko plus new players that will be signed I think should all be ahead of Crofts in the starting eleven. All of the players I've just mentioned will improve with every game they play and as such increase in value. I believe this to be the correct approach.

With regards to calde, bruno, anks and kaz. I think Calde and Anks are very good value for money and probably relatively cheap which is why new deals were offered. Kaz is a young player with market value and not on huge money as he was signed at a very young age. The decision to take the year option was correct. I expected Bruno to be released, I think it would be interesting to know how this new offer compares to the contract that has just ended and similarly Upson.

Its my opinion, I'm sure you and many other may not agree. That's why I joined NSC to debate this sort of thing, so thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid I can't find any part of your argument to agree with as it appears to be largely peedicated on guesswork about earnings of which neither you or I know anything.
Crofts was outstanding last season and will be again.
Most would disagree with your assessment of Ankergren although I do agree mainly because I believe he has value to the squad OFF the pitch in training and morale. Likewise Calde who will continue to be a squad asset rather than a first choice on the pitch. Bruno"s value lies in his having better technical skills than any other player in the squad. CMS will be retained for two reasons - his main assets of pace and stamina will suit a counter attacking style; a d we cannot currently get a return on our investment because of his injury. However that is of lesser importance as can be seen from allowing half a milluon quid walk away for nothing in Hoskins.
Put all of that aside - a significant number of Poyet signings remain which somewhat gainsays your original premise.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I have never mentioned source or spoken to someone at the club, unlike you of course. Still not seen you name any sources though.
Like your opinion on the club getting the keys to the training ground on the 27th June, was that a source, maybe some one should have told Sami before he did his press conference from there today, oh dear

Oops!!
We are getting staged handover. Final handover is 27th as quoted

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
20 days until Lewes friendly, and as of today Walton is our number 1 keeper, with the number 2 being whoever is the next youth keeper in the hierarchy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need to get a move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports