Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know of any IMMINENT player signings by the albion?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Spot on, whoever we sign, will not start until pre-season, plenty of time.

Not sure I would call it plenty of time. Pre-season starts in 2 weeks, so with no goalkeepers and limited defender number I would suggest that we need to be very active quite quickly.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Not sure I would call it plenty of time. Pre-season starts in 2 weeks, so with no goalkeepers and limited defender number I would suggest that we need to be very active quite quickly.

The manager only started last week, let's give him a chance, two weeks is plenty, I expect a flurry of signings over the next few weeks, and as always like a lot of clubs, maybe a few on the last day of the transfer window. Like I said 2 weeks until pre season plenty of time.

Last edited:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

20 days until Lewes friendly, and as of today Walton is our number 1 keeper, with the number 2 being whoever is the next youth keeper in the hierarchy.
Have I missed something. Has Casper not signed then?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have I missed something. Has Casper not signed then?

Not officially. The club said they intended to offer deals to Casper, Bruno, Calderon and Upson. Upson got an offer from Leicester and has signed for them, there has been no official news on the others as yet.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Not officially. The club said they intended to offer deals to Casper, Bruno, Calderon and Upson. Upson got an offer from Leicester and has signed for them, there has been no official news on the others as yet.
So the other two posters are putting two and two together and coming up with five!

I suppose you could technically argue that we have 4 keepers with Walton, as contracts do not run out until 30th June :lol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So the other two posters are putting two and two together and coming up with five!

I suppose you could technically argue that we have 4 keepers with Walton, as contracts do not run out until 30th June :lol:

The original statement was about the Lewes friendly on July 5th, for which Walton is currently the number 1 contracted keeper.

Ankergren has either not signed yet, or he has and we are being kept in the dark about it.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Slightly off topic, looking at the squad list on the official web site it lists Bruno, Calde etc who have been offered contracts and also lists Ward but does not include any other of the loans from last year or Upson. Wishful thinking re Ward??

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Slightly off topic, looking at the squad list on the official web site it lists Bruno, Calde etc who have been offered contracts and also lists Ward but does not include any other of the loans from last year or Upson. Wishful thinking re Ward??

They're still under contract with us until the end of June. The other loans aren't, nor is Upson. Ward was a full season loan so not sure when that ends.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Because of FFP,it seems that clubs are either releasing or offering less money to all their out of contract players.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Spot on, whoever we sign, will not start until pre-season, plenty of time.

How long is "plenty of time"? The players report for training in a couple of weeks.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and Sami has made it clear squad strengthening is his number 1 priority. Time for TB, DB and SH to act. We need 6 or 7 players, including first choice in some positions.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We'll do most of our business at the end of August, 3 weeks into the season and see how it goes until then I suspect. Reckon Walton will be given the chance to be no1 which I'm happy with but like most I would like to see a couple brought in before they head abroad for the pre-season tour. All very quiet on the western front.............

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We'll do most of our business at the end of August, 3 weeks into the season and see how it goes until then I suspect. Reckon Walton will be given the chance to be no1 which I'm happy with but like most I would like to see a couple brought in before they head abroad for the pre-season tour. All very quiet on the western front.............

As quiet as it is for us, I would imagine much is going on. Well, I hope.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Sure we will done some business at the end of the window as you say, but with pre season a week or so away and friendlies soon after I would hope that 2 or 3 will come in before spain, we certainly lack numbers in defence and up front and would struggle here without help. Club never seem to act quickly and is quiet even on here as regards rumours but lets hope for news soon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Beginning of August. So about 40 days.

No. Preference has to be to get players in before pre-season to bed them in, so less than 10 days. Of course, it won't happen, but here's hoping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here