Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else feel carefree about this season?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's amazing watching other people getting stressed. All around me tonight there were boneheads who were wrong on virtually every call. Me, I just went to watch a game of football, having the occasional sing in support of my team. I'm now home with me cocoa and slippers thinking that it might be mid table and oh, whatever, It's just 22 men kicking a bag of air around a green patch.

Do you sit in my seat with me?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I look forward to seeing the team selection that i think will do well.
Kush
Calde Greer Upson Ward
Bridcutt
Andrews Orlandi
Buckley CMS Ulloa KLL

Bench. Casper, El Abd, Crofts, Ince, Dave, Kemy, JFC, Barnes.

With 12 players in the side it should do well!

I totally agree with the OP, I'm far more laid back about this season than I have been for years. I fully expected us to finish mid table this season and the lack of Palace, Southampton and Portsmouth has also reduced the intensity for me.

It has also meant I'm saving myself a fortune by not going to as many home or away games this season though. Bad fan.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know if I'm more laid back because of lack of expectation, or if it's more a case of what Edna mentioned in another thread of not having my mojo for the Albion at the moment.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
At the moment I just see this period and all the games before Christmas as a player audition, and by then he will know who has a future here or not.
Ten games in is still very early days but serves as valuable insight for him. Come the January window he will have a better understanding than where we are now and that is when the real work starts.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm losing my mojo rapidly watching a team who can't string 2 passes together or get shots on target. We didn't even deserve a point tonight.

According to the radio we DOMINATED the first half?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
According to the radio we DOMINATED the first half?

We did and we had two great chances to take the lead. Wednesday were awful and offered nothing. We missed a great opportunity in taking 3pts tonight.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It is all about expectations.

I think with the Gus saga that dragged on a lot longer than we would have liked in the summer meaning our pre season prep was disrupted, a new manager from overseas who does not know the players/league well yet hence transition period and our ridiculous luck with injuries, mid table consolidation would be a good season in my book.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It is all about expectations.

I think with the Gus saga that dragged on a lot longer than we would have liked in the summer meaning our pre season prep was disrupted, a new manager from overseas who does not know the players/league well yet hence transition period and our ridiculous luck with injuries, mid table consolidation would be a good season in my book.

That is what iv'e been saying for weeks. Although i do think we can make a surge upwards after Xmas, maybe mid table until then.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Some people's reactions to football matches are ridiculous. Flicking through my instagram feed this morning I find a rant aimed at KLL because the team had the cheek to only draw with Sheffield Wednesday. Idiots.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
mid table consolidation would be a good season in my book.

And a good season in anyone with an ounce of common sense's book too.

Unfortunately we don't do "common sense" around here. :nono:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No, not really. In fact I felt carefree about last season, that was all a lot of fun until the last two games. I was always thought last year was the prelude to our division-storming season this year. Now I'm just very annoyed that its all been taken away

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes. I am now.

This is a 'nothing season' really, all about preparation for next year.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
nope still feel very stressed after watching frustrating games like tonight. At least we managed to grab a point at the end

Excellent !!!

Actually didn't see the end result, just saw a depressing post near the end of the match thread last night and gave up.

Didn't know we'd equalised until reading this.

Onwards now, much more hope for the season.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Chatting with Bozza and a few others and we both agreed how there was a lot less stress about supporting the Albion this year compared to last. I really don't know if we'll get play-offs but I don't seem to care either and this is in stark contrast to last year where I think I took it all too seriously. I was almost sick before the March Palace game, I'd got myself so worried about it. Not having them in the league and not having a manager who seemed to hint that he'd be off at the first hint of more TV airtime has made me quite stoic about tonight, Ipswich, Newport and the rest of the season.

I really don't care what happens (assuming we don't go near relegation) and I think I've got my Albion mojo too. Am I in the minority here?

Great point. Am in the same place as you.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I just WANT A GOOD PERFORMANCE MIDWEEK. For me amex home games midweek fill me with dread. Always shit. Even when we win (pterboro) we very nearly didnt. In fact it was only derby at home where we had a good win.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am accepting now that we are unlikely to be challenging, maybe that's because in 4 days I've seen two pretty inept performances. I am a bit sad that we seem to have gone backwards but I guess we need to be patient. I hope we are going to stop hoofing the ball so often though. Not carefree but not going to get too wound up about it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm glad some of you are happy for your hard earnt money to be pissed away watching crap football every week. I'm not and I suspect many others aren't either.

I

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I just look back to 2008/2009 at Withdean and near relegation to league two. This is a good division, we are better than most, we will win more than we will lose, we have a great new stadium. Let's enjoy the ride.

Absolutely! More people need to think like this.

We're not entitled to anything. There are teams in this league spunking money left right and centre, we're trying to run a football club thr right way playing decent football. We're not going to win every week, but we're going to have some bloody exciting games!

What's not to like?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Chatting with Bozza and a few others and we both agreed how there was a lot less stress about supporting the Albion this year compared to last. I really don't know if we'll get play-offs but I don't seem to care either and this is in stark contrast to last year where I think I took it all too seriously. I was almost sick before the March Palace game, I'd got myself so worried about it. Not having them in the league and not having a manager who seemed to hint that he'd be off at the first hint of more TV airtime has made me quite stoic about tonight, Ipswich, Newport and the rest of the season.

I really don't care what happens (assuming we don't go near relegation) and I think I've got my Albion mojo too. Am I in the minority here?

No I bloody don't. I remain furious after that lack-lustre performance. Everything matters, otherwise what is the point.

Is mid-table mediocrity really what we strive for? I

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here