Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Does it say anything about not allowing clauses that stop a player playing against their parent club?

This is the link to the Regulations.

The Football League | About Us | Regulations | Regulations Detail | Section 6 - Players

The only reference I can find as to what can or cannot be included in a loan contract is the previously quoted clause

"52.1 The temporary loan transfer of the registration of a Contract Player (and, in the case of Youth Loans only, a Scholar as permitted by Regulation 53.3.3) shall only be approved for a defined period (which must begin and end within the period of the Player's registration with the loaning Club (or club)) and is subject to the conditions of such temporary loan transfer being known to the Player and approved by the Board prior to registration with The League. Temporary loan transfers shall only be accepted on the prescribed form a copy of which shall also be supplied to The Football Association. The provisions of Regulation 45 shall not apply to such transfers."

That would seem to imply that any condition could be included in a Loan Agreement so long as both clubs and the player agrees to them.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
Really? I pose a pertinent and valid question, I am attacked by bed wetting cyber geeks who have nothing better to do with their time than indulge in online bullying, I defend myself and then I am accused of having an attitude problem, please, are you serious! You really, really need to get out of the house as you are spending too much time online and you have lost all sense of reality, community, personal interactions or indeed any semblance of reality. Stop playing with yourself, shut down your computer and go out and get a life you numpty!

:bla::bla:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Football League Regulations don't seem to allow this - -

"53.2.1 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.2 below)."

It is not a Standard Loan - that is the whole point. It is a 93 day ( split ) Emergency Loan. These can be recalled after 28 days.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
There is nothing in the Regulations that indicates that the terms of the contract of an emergency loan can be any different from a normal loan agreement - i.e. any terms, (such as being ineligible to play against the loaning club), can be included with the consent of both clubs and the player.

As has been suggested a break clause may be added to an emergency loan agreement.

53.3.8 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans may contain a break clause but only where that break clause is exercisable after the expiry of the initial 28 day period of the loan.

Whether or not the Dobbie loan included such a clause is of course pure speculation and it would seem unreasonable that if any such clause had been included it would allow BHA to exercise it with just minutes or hours notice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That would seem to imply that any condition could be included in a Loan Agreement so long as both clubs and the player agrees to them.
Thank you.
I know he did not play in the league game but that can only be a gentleman's agreement as it is not a rule like the premier league.
This the whole premise of this thread, but you haven't been able to show why such a clause can't be included. Do you think you may have made a mistake?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here