Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
They won't because the loan has gone beyond 28 days and albion can recall dobbie at any point now, even technically 1 minute before kickoff.

This is something that somebody should have said to the OP at the start, way before the abuse that he managed to get for asking a simple question, something which actually hasn't be covered here.

The basic answer is: Dobbie can technically play in the semi-final against Brighton, he just won't.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
This is something that somebody should have said to the OP at the start, way before the abuse that he managed to get for asking a simple question, something which actually hasn't be covered here.

The basic answer is: Dobbie can technically play in the semi-final against Brighton, he just won't.

Holloway told the press after the game: "Dobbie can't play against Brighton in the play-offs or in the Final, but we have signed him for next year, so he'll be hoping we do quite well, to say the least."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My understanding is it cannot be written in to a loan agreement and it is just a "gentleman's agreement" and if this is correct and I believe it is, then it begs the question, will Palace honour this agreement in such a big game
Well although we've had umpteen posts about Dobbie, this one is slightly different.

you cannot write in to an agreement in the football league that a player cannot play against his parent club, it is, as previously stated, a gentleman's agreement. However, it can be written in to an agreement in the Premier League
Interesting.

fine, i'm always looking to learn, so please direct me to the regulations that state you cant put this in the agreement. section 52 of the league regulations says only that a loan "shall only be approved for a defined period ... subject to the conditions of such temporary loan transfer being known to the Player and approved by the Board prior to registration with The League".

And your point is?
Well his point is fairly clear - you have told us all that you can't put the 'non-playing' clause into the contract, and he's asked you to provide a link to the rules that state that, as it's news to us.

People are bored with threads about Dobbie, but if you've found something different that means technically they could play him, that's got to be at least interesting. So could you provide a link to the rules you're quoting please. It may then be as above, we'd simply recall him (but I don't imagine that's allowed without some notice).

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I know he did not play in the league game but that can only be a gentleman's agreement as it is not a rule like the premier league. Does it apply to the playoffs and will Palace honour this agreement?

I don't know what the actual law is on this - maybe he can legally play, maybe not. But, if he did play - and therefore break the loan agreement, how many teams would be looking to loan players to Palace ever again?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I've read the whole thread again, and the OP didn't get any abuse. The first abuse that appears on the thread is #28 which is the OP.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Well it was in January when the deal was first announced. Plus the question's been asked (and answered) on here about a hundred times since then so you can understand why people think the OP's a bit slow.

Look maybe it's my time in the Middle East dealing with the forever promise-breaking Arabs but I think what the OP was getting at and what had not been touched upon in previous threads from what I remember (maybe it has) is - how watertight is the agreement?

Could Dobbie be starting for Palace after all as there's a loophole or something? I'm sure if there was a grey area they would exploit it.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Someone's got an attitude problem.
Really? I pose a pertinent and valid question, I am attacked by bed wetting cyber geeks who have nothing better to do with their time than indulge in online bullying, I defend myself and then I am accused of having an attitude problem, please, are you serious! You really, really need to get out of the house as you are spending too much time online and you have lost all sense of reality, community, personal interactions or indeed any semblance of reality. Stop playing with yourself, shut down your computer and go out and get a life you numpty!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really? I pose a pertinent and valid question, I am attacked by bed wetting cyber geeks who have nothing better to do with their time than indulge in online bullying, I defend myself and then I am accused of having an attitude problem, please, are you serious! You really, really need to get out of the house as you are spending too much time online and you have lost all sense of reality, community, personal interactions or indeed any semblance of reality. Stop playing with yourself, shut down your computer and go out and get a life you numpty!

:lolol::lolol:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

whats the betting Wurzel plays Dobbin and the fa do **** all about it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Look maybe it's my time in the Middle East dealing with the forever promise-breaking Arabs but I think what the OP was getting at and what had not been touched upon in previous threads from what I remember (maybe it has) is - how watertight is the agreement?

Could Dobbie be starting for Palace after all as there's a loophole or something? I'm sure if there was a grey area they would exploit it.

No. Because if they did that, we would just recall him instantly, as you can do with a 93 day loan, after 28 days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really? I pose a pertinent and valid question, I am attacked by bed wetting cyber geeks who have nothing better to do with their time than indulge in online bullying
You've posted a question so similar to a load of other threads that are the same, that a lot of posters assume you're on a wind up. You say "you cannot write in to an agreement in the football league that a player cannot play against his parent club" and we've asked you to provide a reference for this and you haven't.

And now you claim you're being bullied, while the most abusive posts on this thread appear to be from you:

Your lack of understanding of the loan system is pitiful...
and BTW you are a rude, ignorant **** and I can only assume you are a Palace fan, you act like one!
Thanks, now do one!
And your point is?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
How many more threads are there gonna be on this bloody topic. He cant play against us in any game this season. Hope that clears up the question so others don't start a new thread as well.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
No. Because if they did that, we would just recall him instantly, as you can do with a 93 day loan, after 28 days.

The Football League Regulations don't seem to allow this - -

"53.2.1 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.2 below)."

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agent Dobbie's primary mission was to enable Palace to finish 5th and guarantee that he is sold to them on July 1st. His ongoing mission is to remain undercover next season and lead them to where they belong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Football League Regulations don't seem to allow this - -

"53.2.1 ...
Does it say anything about not allowing clauses that stop a player playing against their parent club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here