Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Your lack of understanding of the loan system is pitiful, you cannot write in to an agreement in the football league that a player cannot play against his parent club

fine, i'm always looking to learn, so please direct me to the regulations that state you cant put this in the agreement. section 52 of the league regulations says only that a loan "shall only be approved for a defined period ... subject to the conditions of such temporary loan transfer being known to the Player and approved by the Board prior to registration with The League".

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What would happen if Crystal Palace break this gentleman's agreement and Gus sees Dobbie lining up to start against the Albion?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Presumably a clause preventing him from playing against us can easily have been included in the terms of the loan agreement, providing all parties agreed and were aware?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can see why the question was asked. Valid point.
It certainly was the first time of asking.
Maybe the second and even the third, for the stragglers.

But when the question asked approaches double figures, it gets tiresome.

And don't come back Shabba with:-
'well I don't live on here, I have a life, bollox'.

Did you honestly think NOBODY else over the last 3 weeks has thought, 'hang on a minute, their best player is contracted to us, how does that work?'.

SEARCH FUNCTION, or deal with the moaning.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
fine, i'm always looking to learn, so please direct me to the regulations that state you cant put this in the agreement. section 52 of the league regulations says only that a loan "shall only be approved for a defined period ... subject to the conditions of such temporary loan transfer being known to the Player and approved by the Board prior to registration with The League".
And your point is?

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
It certainly was the first time of asking.
Maybe the second and even the third, for the stragglers.

But when the question asked approaches double figures, it gets tiresome.

And don't come back Shabba with:-
'well I don't live on here, I have a life, bollox'.

Did you honestly think NOBODY else over the last 3 weeks has thought, 'hang on a minute, their best player is contracted to us, how does that work?'.

SEARCH FUNCTION, or deal with the moaning.

I would answer but I don't reply to bed wetting cyber geeks who have become mentally unstable due to playing with themselves too much!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would answer but I don't reply to bed wetting cyber geeks who have become mentally unstable due to playing with themselves too much!
Classy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My understanding is it cannot be written in to a loan agreement and it is just a "gentleman's agreement" and if this is correct and I believe it is, then it begs the question, will Palace honour this agreement in such a big game, seeing as they view him as important to the team?

A loan agreement is a contract between to companies - they can put whatever conditions they like in it just as long as both parties agree to it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can see why the question was asked. Valid point.
Well it was in January when the deal was first announced. Plus the question's been asked (and answered) on here about a hundred times since then so you can understand why people think the OP's a bit slow.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I think the OPs point is the fact that it is a gentleman's agreement. It isn't written into the loan contract (said so by CPFC). Thus they could go back on this and let Dobbie play, it is unlikely, but they can. That as far as I know is something that hasn't been covered on here at all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the OPs point is the fact that it is a gentleman's agreement. It isn't written into the loan contract (said so by CPFC). Thus they could go back on this and let Dobbie play, it is unlikely, but they can. That as far as I know is something that hasn't been covered on here at all.

They won't because the loan has gone beyond 28 days and albion can recall dobbie at any point now, even technically 1 minute before kickoff.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
From the Croydump Advertiser -

CRYSTAL Palace boss Ian Holloway has confirmed the Eagles have signed Stephen Dobbie on a permanent deal, as of July 1.
The Scottish playmaker initially joined the Selhurst Park club on loan from arch-rivals Brighton & Hove Albion in January, and there was talk that a longer deal would be offered to the 30-year-old.
And it seems Dobbie, who created the winning goal for Mile Jedinak during today's 3-2 win over Peterborough United, has done enough to earn himself a contract.
Holloway told the press after the game: "Dobbie can't play against Brighton in the play-offs or in the Final, but we have signed him for next year, so he'll be hoping we do quite well, to say the least."
Advertiser Sport understands the former Blackpool and Swansea City man has signed a longer deal believed to be a two-year stay at Selhurst Park.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest Palace news, exclusives and live match updates at Croydon Ad Sport (AdvertiserSport) on Twitter
Palace fans on Facebook, have your say on our page at http://www.facebook.com/AdvertiserSport

Read more: Scottish midfielder set for two-year Palace deal | This is Croydon
Follow us: @thisiscroydon on Twitter | thisiscroydontoday on Facebook

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

So you say!

Your lack of understanding of the loan system is pitiful, you cannot write in to an agreement in the football league that a player cannot play against his parent club, it is, as previously stated, a gentleman's agreement. However, it can be written in to an agreement in the Premier League and BTW you are a rude, ignorant **** and I can only assume you are a Palace fan, you act like one!

Thanks, now do one!

And your point is?

Someone's got an attitude problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here