Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Vicente to sign for another year?

Happy for Vicente to stay?

• Yes

Votes: 244 71.3%
  • No

Votes: 98 28.7%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm hoping he plays Saturday, especially as I will be there. If we keep him fit and give him game time, he will make a difference imo.

I'd quite like to be able to bounce this thread on Saturday evening after a masterclass from Vicente :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Feel free, a few good matches doesn't justify paying his wages all year.

If he makes the difference over the next few matches between us making the playoffs/getting promoted and not finishing in the playoffs I think you're wrong

We'll know soon enough

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he helps take us to Wembley then whatever he earns is money well spent. As I dont pay his wages or control the finances within the club I would vote a yes but I am sure that unless him signing is considered a viable proposition Tony Bloom or Paul Barber whoever controls the wages would not sanction it.

Dec 29, 2011
If he makes the difference over the next few matches between us making the playoffs/getting promoted and not finishing in the playoffs I think you're wrong

We'll know soon enough

Maybe, if he has a DIRECT impact on play-offs, it'd be hard to disagree, however say we signed a player who gained us 1 point a month for the whole season on the wages Vicente is on, we'd be eight points better off now and well into the play-offs.

Maybe it'd be better to bounce at the end of the season when he scores the play-off winning goal :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why are people on here concerned with his or any other players wages, that is not our concern, we must have trust in the business acumen of Tony Bloom and Paul Barber. As supporters all we want is the best available players to play for us and Vicente must surely come into that category.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Maybe, if he has a DIRECT impact on play-offs, it'd be hard to disagree, however say we signed a player who gained us 1 point a month for the whole season on the wages Vicente is on, we'd be eight points better off now and well into the play-offs.

Maybe it'd be better to bounce at the end of the season when he scores the play-off winning goal :)

You don't know what wages he is on, so to make comments on wages is pointless.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

We have cover for Vicente now and Orlandi and Spanish Dave have won us points, Vicente IS a luxury player I accept. It seems TB and Gus believe we can afford one of those with the squad we now have. A bit of magic at this end of the season will make it all worthwhile, sure it's a gamble but look who our chairman is.

From a purely selfish point of view I get to watch a player, infrequently maybe, who on his day is head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Why wouldn't I want more of that?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Would rather have 2 players who will play 30-games each than 1 player just about making double figures .... and how many games have we won when he has played ???? he might be class but class costs us points as he seems unable to track back or tackle

Dec 29, 2011
You don't know what wages he is on, so to make comments on wages is pointless.
What makes you think I don't have an accurate idea?
My understanding is he is the best paid player at the club withou appearance money
That's not true.
From a purely selfish point of view I get to watch a player, infrequently maybe, who on his day is head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Why wouldn't I want more of that?
Yeah, he's good to watch with his range of passes and dribbling ability, but I also find Orlandi, Lopez and Bridcutt exciting to watch and they all play regularly and are on about the same wage. I just think there are a number of skillful players in La Liga/Liga Adelante who would be equally exciting to watch as Vicente but play more games and would accept his wage.

Vicente - another year?

Very difficult question.

I am coming to the opinion that we struggle more with him in the side that not. He is an outstanding player but his presence does seem to affect others in a detrimental way.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Best wait until the end of the season to decide. If he turns it on between now and the end of the season, it will be a yes from most.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
i personally do not want him to sign again as i would rather we had a player who may not be as good but would hopefully play more games but still be a very good player,as the wages freed up must be a fair amount at a guess,all we have missed a lot this season is goals not supply.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What makes you think I don't have an accurate idea?

That's not true.

Yeah, he's good to watch with his range of passes and dribbling ability, but I also find Orlandi, Lopez and Bridcutt exciting to watch and they all play regularly and are on about the same wage. I just think there are a number of skillful players in La Liga/Liga Adelante who would be equally exciting to watch as Vicente but play more games and would accept his wage.

Obviously your in the know lets just pretend you are

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is no point having a fit but not-as-good alternative. We have plenty of these (rest of the squad). He is there to provide flair and what the others can't do, not just to run around a lot. It would help if he was seen more often admittedly. How injured was/is he?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Nope. Great player but too injury prone and seems to upset the teams balance when he returns for a game or two. I wish him well though.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I would absolutely love him to stay next season as he is the best player I have ever seen wear the stripes. If we are in Championship next season and he can finally stay injury free, then with the likes of Ulloa and some summer recruits we can finish top...I really believe this...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here