Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Vicente to sign for another year?

Happy for Vicente to stay?

• Yes

Votes: 244 71.3%
  • No

Votes: 98 28.7%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because we hardly ever see him due to one reason or another. It's really quite simple.

So? Would you rather a little of something AMAZING, or nothing at all?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yes.

Although I understand people who think the time he has been injured has been too long.

People who say 'he doesn't want to play for us' or 'he'll only play for the cameras' or other such horse shite can just bog off though.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
It's worth the cost of the season ticket alone to see him on the pitch.....some of you lot must have greater expectations

Dec 29, 2011
Of course. 10 million times YES. I'm not paying his wages so why wouldn't I want a player that good at the club?
We are paying his wages, through ticket prices, also if we didn't pay his wages we could get another player in who we could watch every week.

Can you give me some time?

I need to fully decide whether I want the single most talented player ever to wear the stripes, to continue to be one of our own.
Take all the time you need, it's not easy.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Whilst he's been great to watch when he's played, I don't think the team play so well when he's in it. It's always 'give the ball to Vicente' and its not always the right pass, and often comes to nothing. I think the money could be better spent on a player we don't rely on so heavily, with little end result, and perhaps used for a player who can play 25 -30 games a season

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
it is obvious his heart not in it 100% and it is a massive luxury to have him for what feels like only the games that he is up for. There's no way we can build a team around him with his absence rate either as it just means constant changes to what needs to be a settled 11. Fantastic player, been a huge hi-light for me to see that level of skill at Brighton but a thanks for the memories and adios it is for me personally

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I also said 'no'. I think this constant 'will he play, will he not play' is not helpful. I know injury
is an issue - but it seems there is more to it than that.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its a big yes from me

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
TE=El Presidente;5618834]My understanding is that Vicente is on a low basic wage, but good appearance money, so it's a YES from me.[/QUOTE]

Your understanding is correct, but im not sure i would call £8K a week low.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Paying for Vicente whilst he's unfit is the same as paying for Barnes whilst he serves one of his multiple suspensions per season, so yes, why not.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We are paying his wages, through ticket prices, also if we didn't pay his wages we could get another player in who we could watch every week.

Sadly, it's not as simple as that though.

Say he is on 10k a week. Thats 500k a year roughly.

If there is a free transfer going, firstly you will be competing with others to get him on a good wage. £10k isn't going to get you a superstar at this level under normal circumstances.

So that's only going to cover a years wages before you factor in signing on fee (which can be huge if the other clubs are competing for the player), agent fee (sometimes more than one if there is an agent working for you and one representing the player), potential transfer fee (if needed), set up fee for player relocation, + a committed outlay for, probably, longer than one year.

If only it was like 'Football Manager' eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Give him an extra year with a further year option if his basic wages are low and the bonuses are an incentive to play and score.

Matt Richards

Jan 22, 2009
Hmm.. do I want one of the greatest ever players to play for the Albion, to play for the Albion next year?

Yes. Yes I do.

When you say he is "one of the greatest players" it implies that there are others you have seen of the same standard. Who are you putting in this bracket? Surely not Robert Codner?

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Would you be happy if he signed up for another year and performed the same as this season?

For me, it's a no. The ~10k wages could be spent better elsewhere, for a player that actually plays.

The only positive I can think of for Vicente signing is the players that will be attracted here because of him, apparently he persuaded Bruno to sign.

Sumed up perfectly in your second sentance!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here