Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Vicente to sign for another year?

Happy for Vicente to stay?

• Yes

Votes: 244 71.3%
  • No

Votes: 98 28.7%

• Total voters

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
of course yes, why would you not want him here. World Class and also with him being him, it will attract other spanish superstars. Imagine having him fit all year.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
As long as it is not costing us much when he is crocked, absolutely.

Even if we only get 15 games a season out of him, he's the kind of player that will see the defence splitting pass that nobody else does.

If this season was to end in style and we go up, that kind of quality can be the difference between relegation and surviving

Dec 29, 2011
Sadly, it's not as simple as that though.

Say he is on 10k a week. Thats 500k a year roughly.

If there is a free transfer going, firstly you will be competing with others to get him on a good wage. £10k isn't going to get you a superstar at this level under normal circumstances.

So that's only going to cover a years wages before you factor in signing on fee (which can be huge if the other clubs are competing for the player), agent fee (sometimes more than one if there is an agent working for you and one representing the player), potential transfer fee (if needed), set up fee for player relocation, + a committed outlay for, probably, longer than one year.

If only it was like 'Football Manager' eh?

If he signed a new contract we'd still have to pay the signing on fee (loyalty fee) and the agents fee (for all their 'hard work'). The only thing we'd save on is the cost of relocating the player and putting them in temporary accommodation which is negligible.
The other risk with signing a new player is we don't know if they will 'click', for example what if we signed a great player for 10k a week and he only played about 10 games a season? Oh.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Do any of the statto's on here have the stats for Vicente? I'm talking Wins, Draws, Losses, Goals

A) When he makes an appearance
B) When he starts

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
ffs this is like someone offering you an all expenses paid holiday to a 5 star resort and you turning it down because you only get to go for a weekend and not the full week.

Nobody knows how much he is being paid so why are people getting angry on behalf on Tony Bloom? Being a multi-millionaire I somehow think Tony knows what the boundaries of own his wealth can stretch to a damn sight better than some of the pseudo-accountants on here.

I would be absolutely delighted to watch the great man continue to play for our club and only if the club tell us that he is not worth the money should we give up on him.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Brilliant player who's getting fitter every week.

Next season could easily be a great one for him, and therefore Brighton, especially in the Premiership.
So, yes definitely please.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the deal was right financially then I'd most definitely want Vicente to stay. The thrill of finding out he's in the starting XI and then seeing him play is what football is all about, and we will be talking about the man long after he has gone.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It depresses me sometimes how other football fans just can't revel in the joys of the sport and how some players can make you go 'wow'. It's not called the beautiful game for nothing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It depresses me sometimes how other football fans just can't revel in the joys of the sport and how some players can make you go 'wow'. It's not called the beautiful game for nothing.

WOW Vicente's injured again.

Or not that statement doesn't need any kind of wow, just a shrug in acknowledgement as its the norm.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would love him to stay, but of course only if he and his family are comfortable and happy. He's dazzled me beyond belief and as long as he feels settled and a future with us brings a little smile to his face, then bloody brilliant, sign him for as long as possible.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Happy? Yeah, go on then, let's keep the WORLD CLASS footballing FLAIRISTA we somehow managed to sign and then retain. :bowdown:

But only if Spanish Dave wants to keep him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here