Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want more of the NHS to be privatised?

Do you want more of the NHS to be privatised?

• I'd like it to be completely privatised

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I'd like a bit more to be privatised

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • I'd like it to stay as it is

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • I'd like it to be less privatised than it is

Votes: 59 53.6%
  • Don't care who provides the service, as long as it's free at point of use

Votes: 23 20.9%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
5th option added to poll, so those that voted in the first version will need to vote again. Sorry, I'm an amateur.

:thumbsup:

(how'd you remove the post, that confused me.)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Everyone? How do those without money get it?

the state pays their insurance, just like it does here for NI. you will note that the service is not state owned, but mostly private as i understand.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you Carrot Cruncher? :)
UC5vjRl.gif

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I want a great health service for our community, to ensure we look after everyone who cant look after themselves. The NHS should be at the heart of that

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do you mean outsourced or privatised ? I suspect you, like a vast majority of people, have used the word 'privatised' when it's not what you mean. I do wish people would learn to use the correct words !!!!!

Privatised - i.e. parts actually SOLD off, no, I wouldn't want to see that. Parts outsourced yet still free at the point of delivery - I don't mind that. My girlfriend experienced great care ( better then the NHS ) when the NHS refereed her to a private hospital for treatment. It allowed for quicker more pleasant treatment, and more convenient treatment. So, outsourcing yes - well worth it - but privatisation NO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you mean outsourced or privatised ? I suspect you, like a vast majority of people, have used the word 'privatised' when it's not what you mean. I do wish people would learn to use the correct words !!!!!
Sorry :blush:

The sad thing is, I should know better.

As Natalie Bennett would say, I've got a cold.

Yoda

English & European
Don't privatise it but limit what it can offer, its the only way it will survive. If you're over 30 BMI, NI surcharge applies

Won't work as BMI is flawed on so many levels. My BMI would say I'm obese but my body fat measure would only be over weight.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
good post, so much wastage happens in the NHS , like my former sister in laws dept where they replaced 50 perfectly serviceable computer monitors with flatscreen ones because 'they were more in keeping with a modern and forward thinking NHS'......ridiculous.

Nothing to do with energy savings then!

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I'd like all visitors to the UK to have insurance and not think the NHS is free for the world just like you'd need insurance if you visited the United States and other countries.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd like all visitors to the UK to have insurance and not think the NHS is free for the world just like you'd need insurance if you visited the United States and other countries.
Is the NHS free for Americans and everyone else who visits us?

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I don't get that impression reading this:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1086.aspx?categoryid=68

"unless you're exempt from charges, you'll have to pay NHS charges if you're admitted to hospital"

If you need medical treatment then just walk into A&E and ask to be seen, they ask your name and say take a seat and you'll be seen, After waiting 3-4 hours then you're called, get treated and leave, lovely.

Try that in the U,S or other countries, good luck.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Absolutely not, but with this government the NHS will become increasingly privatised and fundamentally changed for the worse IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is the NHS free for Americans and everyone else who visits us?
If you need medical treatment then just walk into A&E and ask to be seen, they ask your name and say take a seat and you'll be seen
I'm sorry Juror, you were wrong. The NHS is not free for all who visit the UK. Yes, they can be seen in A&E, but that's a small part of the NHS. Americans visiting the UK should have insurance, and I imagine as many of them coming here have insurance, as UK citizens going there.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I'm sorry Juror, you were wrong. The NHS is not free for all who visit the UK. Yes, they can be seen in A&E, but that's a small part of the NHS. Americans visiting the UK should have insurance, and I imagine as many of them coming here have insurance, as UK citizens going there.

We and Americans have pride and show respect. Take the Europeans, they come here without and get it for free as it's their right, now go and look at all the other European countries and see if they return the same offer. I know the findings but want you to go and look, you'd be amazed on the findings and you then can understand why millions flock here. Happy reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here