Do you think we'll get a loan striker in by the weekend?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we sign a loan striker in time to play on Saturday?

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In fairness to Conway, as well as not really having much of a chance to get used to the team, he also has had the distraction of a partner who was close to giving birth (and now he is probably suffering lack of sleep due to said newborn).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wow. 3:1 against - I wasn't expecting that. I do hope the majority are wrong....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We'll probably sign another central midfielder instead.

Also, if we're not prepared to give Barker a chance when we are down to bare bones, what is the point in him being at the club?

To provide a competitive team for the DS/U21s? good enough at that level, not good enough at our current level.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Maybe the fact that we were playing a hastily arranged behind closed doors game v Creepy today with Barker, Dickenson and March all starting is a bit of a clue?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Dickenson looks great IMO. Tall, big, strong & fast. He might not be as technically good as Barker (yet), but he seems (to me) to have the physical capabilities to play in the Championship, which is half the battle..

Yep, I thought he looked all of those things when he came on in pre-season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not really. You're in a tiny minority of people who are absolutely obsessed with Palace. Every other post of yours is an unfunny "joke" at their expense. Odd and boring.

Palace are scum of the earth , if you don't get the point about the rivalry what's the point about being a football fan ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In fairness to Conway, as well as not really having much of a chance to get used to the team, he also has had the distraction of a partner who was close to giving birth (and now he is probably suffering lack of sleep due to said newborn).

Oh no, it's Dobbie all over again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know I shouldn't wish it, but that would be quite a thing to witness on here.

Oh come on, we have witnessed catalcysms on here before

That we have, but you're only as good as your last cataclysm and we are due another.

If we are attempting to end the world as we know it, can I add Barnes missing a penalty/straight red into the mixing pot.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That we have, but you're only as good as your last cataclysm and we are due another.

If we are attempting to end the world as we know it, can I add Barnes missing a penalty/straight red into the mixing pot.

CAN YOU IMAGINE IT........................................................................................:eek:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well to be fair, he hasn't really had much of a chance to show what he can do yet. One problem being the man currently occupying his favoured left wing position, namely a certain Kazenga Lua-Lua, our best player by a country miile in recent games in my opinion, so the manager is hardly going to drop him to give Conway a chance.

Players need a good run in the team to be able to give of their best, and l don't see how Conway will get the opportunities to do that.

I understand what you are saying, but with most good players they show flashes of what they are capable of, even if it's just a small cameo. I haven't seen all Conway's minutes on the field but I don't recall him doing anything that made me think "oohh he could be good". In fact I have seen absolutely nothing from him to make me think that he could come good. Dobbie is mentioned above and there were times when his trickery and ball control showed what he could be capable of. Remind me of any positives from Conway's time on the pitch for us. I have to assume that he has got something, as he was a part of the Cardiff team that got promoted, so maybe I am being a bit hasty and harsh :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'll also add a Greer cock up to gift Yeovil the winning goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll also add a Greer cock up to gift Yeovil the winning goal.
Shall we have that in the first minute followed by 89 mins of huff and puff.
Or the 90th minute as their 'keeper is being named MotM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports