Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Oscar could be sacked at the end of the season?

Will Oscar be sacked before next season starts?

• Total voters

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
wouldnt surpised me if the season tickets sales are down by 10% or more because some people are not happy with the way oscar and others are running the club but i will still be there supporting the team and getting behind who ever the manager is

I don;t think you will find Oscar is responsible for running the club

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think he is too much of a company man to get sacked

I think it was 'suggested' to him we did'nt beat Hull in the FA Cup, and also we don't get promoted this season :nono:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Bloom and co will give him the benefit of a pre season to remodel and remold the team in his own fashion after this seasons haphazard preparation. If next season, we muddle along on dull mediocrity, then I think for the benefit of all, he should go - one way or the other. Or of course, 'politics' behind the scenes we may not be aware of, could cause him him to walk of his own accord?

People accuse Garcia of lacking charisma and being uninspiring. He comes across that way in interviews often, its true. What goes on behind the scenes between him, his coaching staff and the players is what counts.

If you want somebody who is REALLY uninspiring and comes across as completely clueless and out of his depth in interviews - Look no further than the current Blackpool Manager, Barry Ferguson. Thank the lord we don't have him! Makes Oscar seem positively charismatic.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think he will be Barcelona's assistant manager next season. You heard it here first:D

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Some people believe on here that he deserves another season. Whether Tony Bloom thinks this too is yet to be seen. I have a suspicion that he will want to make it to the premier league sooner rather than later, though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some people believe on here that he deserves another season. Whether Tony Bloom thinks this too is yet to be seen. I have a suspicion that he will want to make it to the premier league sooner rather than later, though.

Gonna have to back the manager, whoever it is, with more funds then...just like he did Poyet. We are not going to get there otherwise unless he sticks with a manager and let's him build and that could take a few seasons yet.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
RE Garcia and Poyet: Poyet spent a lot, and didn't have that many injuries; Garcia has accrued money, and has had a shed load of injuries.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
RE Garcia and Poyet: Poyet spent a lot, and didn't have that many injuries; Garcia has accrued money, and has had a shed load of injuries.

I wonder if he'll get to spend it though...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yes , he could be sacked at the end of the season. He could be sacked before the and of the season. Or Tony Bloom could stick with his plan and not sack him at all.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The only person that can answer that is Mr Bloom, it all depends on how he has seen the season pan out and whether he thinks it will improve

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think he will be Barcelona's assistant manager next season. You heard it here first:D

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And I generally think he would be well suited to that job.

It's not impossible, and my take is it's much more finely balanced than is generally assumed. Bloom has this reputation as a patient boss who gives managers times but that's only because Gus outperformed, prior to that he would have been instrumental in our previous rapid turnover of managers as the only guy on the scene with money. Certainly Oscar going on about a lower midtable budget is not going to win friends in the board.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's not impossible, and my take is it's much more finely balanced than is generally assumed. Bloom has this reputation as a patient boss who gives managers times but that's only because Gus outperformed, prior to that he would have been instrumental in our previous rapid turnover of managers as the only guy on the scene with money. Certainly Oscar going on about a lower midtable budget is not going to win friends in the board.

You make good points....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just don't want the Albion to be one of 'those' clubs.

Demanding to win every game, paying off contracts like they don't matter, always assuming the grass is greener.

Garcia was 'outstanding' at the interview in June, he's been Manager of the Month, he was still outstanding up until 4 weeks ago.

Ok the wheels have come off the cart, but that doesn't automatically mean the driver is to blame, and crucially it doesn't mean the driver is incapable of fixing it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sacked, mutual consent, resign, call it whatever you want. Garcia will not be around at the start of next season, along with a few others. This season was an experiment that hasn't worked for all parties concerned. There will probably be a minimum fuss, good terms parting of the ways.

Ha ha! Nostradamus strikes again! We'll all look forward to you being completely and utterly wrong, yet again, and then not posting for weeks while you hope people forget about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here