Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do you subscribe to Sky Sports?

Do you subscribe to Sky Sports?

• Yes, I subscribe to Sky Sports

Votes: 107 42.6%
  • No, I do not subscribe to Sky Sports

Votes: 144 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Yes, mainly because of their cricket coverage. Will watch the 'big' PL fixtures and most championship games but not that fussed. BT have the ashes series in Aus. Will certainly ditch sky if other broadcasters show England cricket.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Don't subscribe but watch it as the Father in Law has Sky and the Brother in Law and I upped his Sky go account so we could both have a couple of passwords

We then moved in with them while we save for a house so have been just using the Sky Go or normal TV. When we move into our new home (hopefully 3 weeks) I will probably see what deal I can get and sign up if I can get a cheap one with Sports.

With my wife working nights and weekends and have a young son I will often spend an evening watching a load of sport as I can't nip to the pub to watch it

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
No, although I do pay up for a day pass on Now TV quite a lot of the time when we are on.

edit; I do really, really, really, really miss not being able to watch cricket as I could before Sky took them over though.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes and paid the first time when it was £1.99 a month just for Sky Sports

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Nope, never have. Find enough sport and footie via BT Sport in our Virgin package

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I used to, but gave it up several years ago when I moved in with my now wife.

I thought I would miss it, but actually don't - there are better things to do in life that sit in front of the TV.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
That is fairly reasonable, but a month at £32? They're having a laugh.

You have to pick and choose. For example a weeks pass is £10.99 and if you had timed it well you would have got yesterday's football this weeks and the Brighton match. That's not bad.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You have to pick and choose. For example a weeks pass is £10.99 and if you had timed it well you would have got yesterday's football this weeks and the Brighton match. That's not bad.
However, you can't pause, rewind or watch at another time unless it's a scheduled repeat. I have used it a couple of times with offers or to watch us away but I think it's very inferior to the sky satellite service and at an inflated price especially as sky movies is really cheap with now TV.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
To expensive

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I pay £11 a month for sky sports/movies HD, BT sports HD PPV Events and all 3pm Saturday Prem kick offs. I can view these on a website or with a kodi add on. F**k Sky and Rupert Murdock.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This season for the Championship games only. I will cancel in the summer.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. I like sports (American football, cricket, both rugby codes and 'round ball' football in that order) so it makes sense.

This is all down to different perspectives but I don't understand those who say it's expensive. I've got one of the basic Sky packages, and then I added two Premium channels (Sports and Movies) to it. The way it's priced if you have one Premium channel then you may as well have the other as it's 'only' about another £12 or so. Therefore if I were to cancel Sky Sports I'd save myself about £12 a month as my wife still wants the Movies. And even if you don't agree with my figures and/or reasoning and say that really Sky Sports costs £25-£30 a month - so what? That's the price of a mere 90 minutes of football at the Amex! Without a pie and a pint!

Like I say it's all down to opinion and personal choices. I know there are people who think that the Amex match ticket prices are 'reasonable' and that the food and drink prices are 'reasonable' whereas I think they are both eyewateringly and offputtingly expensive. Those same people doubtless think I'm mad when I say that I think Sky Sports is excellent value for money, and I'd continue to subscribe even if it were £50 a month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here