Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do you subscribe to Sky Sports?

Do you subscribe to Sky Sports?

• Yes, I subscribe to Sky Sports

Votes: 107 42.6%
  • No, I do not subscribe to Sky Sports

Votes: 144 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In turn we (the fans) are asked to stump up more and more to watch football either live or on TV. So we can blame Sky and BT for the spiralling costs of watching football.

TV is killing football as a spectator sport both Sky and BT but do the authorities care,. Do they F..k

The league and the FA have repeatedly bottled it in the face of Sky / the PL and their ****ing money and we're the ones who end up getting dicked.

Total bollocks. Sky is a commercial organisation and wouldn't do anything if it didn't make money. They pay ridiculous sums of money to screen matches at odd times because that's what the fans want: if the fans didn't want it, they wouldn't pay subscriptions.

So don't shed crocodile tears for the 'poor fans'. It reminds me of the old story of the guy who shot his parents and begged the court for mercy as he was an orphan. If fans didn't want the games moved, then Sky wouldn't do it

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I have now tv. £30 a month, no contract or dish etc. Can't record anything but does the job for me. Get to watch all the football and f1.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Facing competition from BT, Sky bid ridiculously over the odds to make sure they secured their TV deal for PL and FL coverage (having lost the CL to them). This inevitably leads to the massive inflation in players wages, agents fees and transfer fees. In turn we (the fans) are asked to stump up more and more to watch football either live or on TV. So we can blame Sky and BT for the spiralling costs of watching football.

The FA / Football League don't put any rules in place - they just bend over and take it up the ringer from Sky so that they receive their slice of the TV pie.

He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

But the price inflating isn't their fault. Like you say it is because of the competition and not wanting to lose the rights.

Should have been more clear what I enable about the rules - meant the no televised games at 3pm on a Saturday rule. Means that even if they didn't want to they have to move the games.

It's also not their fault about wages etc as they have no say where the money goes.

Always confused me why people blame sky for ruining football. Happy to be proved wrong and not saying I am right by any means!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't subscribe directly to Sky though I did previously some years ago and gave up on the basis of their unbelievable price hikes.

Now have BT vision and pay £22 monthly extra for Sky sports 1, 2 and 5. This now gives me a reasonable spread of footy for less than if I was purely subscribed to Sky but it will be interesting to see the fallout if BT ends up being broken up by regulators/government intervention on 'Open Reach' which is being talked about.

I continue in the meantime but will change/cancel if it suits me though, I have to say, massive revision will have to occur before I see the greed of the Premier League ever changing things from the status quo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have now tv. £30 a month, no contract or dish etc. Can't record anything but does the job for me. Get to watch all the football and f1.

Are you setting up an NSC Fantasy F1 this year Turkey?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Total bollocks. Sky is a commercial organisation and wouldn't do anything if it didn't make money. They pay ridiculous sums of money to screen matches at odd times because that's what the fans want: if the fans didn't want it, they wouldn't pay subscriptions.

So don't shed crocodile tears for the 'poor fans'. It reminds me of the old story of the guy who shot his parents and begged the court for mercy as he was an orphan. If fans didn't want the games moved, then Sky wouldn't do it

I am a fan.
I do not pay Sky a penny.
I do not want games moved.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If you want an american version of Soccer ball. Sky sports is your answer.

I hate it. I hate the way they over analyse the games. I hate the pundits. I hate the commentators. I hate the hype. I hate the fact football only began in 1992. I hate how they don't have a clue about lower league football. I hate how they've made football fans all over the country support Man U. But most of all, I hate the term Super Sunday!
WTF is Super sunday? A day when the trains are experiencing engineering works with the know how you'll be working the following morning. Super duper!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If you want an american version of Soccer ball. Sky sports is your answer.

I hate it. I hate the way they over analyse the games. I hate the pundits. I hate the commentators. I hate the hype. I hate the fact football only began in 1992. I hate how they don't have a clue about lower league football. I hate how they've made football fans all over the country support Man U. But most of all, I hate the term Super Sunday!
WTF is Super sunday? A day when the trains are experiencing engineering works with the know how you'll be working the following morning. Super duper!

Can't say I hate it quite that strongly, but have to agree with much of that. Especially pundits standing around the gadget screen like kids with their latest techno toy. All being clever in retrospect! Do Sky imagine we don't understand footy? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here