Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do you subscribe to Sky Sports?

Do you subscribe to Sky Sports?

• Yes, I subscribe to Sky Sports

Votes: 107 42.6%
  • No, I do not subscribe to Sky Sports

Votes: 144 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Nope, so expensive. Have Freeview, Netflix etc... I will buy the Now TV Sports Pass thingy if there's something I desperately want to watch, normally home Ashes tests.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Short of 1 or 2 Nowtv vouchers (when I can't get down the pub) this is in the limit for me, I can only do that as somewhere it might give the Albion some money. Really can't stand Murdoch

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Gave up Sky Sports towards the end of last season - didn't really miss it except for cricket - went back to basic package, have phone line and broadband with them

Sky contacted me in November and of offered sports for £12.50 month for 6 months which have to admit I am enjoying - come May will probably cancel again and look at streaming or Now TV options etc

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, full package (and 3 boxes). Watch loads of sport (football, golf & cricket). Marginal cost of movie package is insignificant once you have sports. Should really do something about overall cost but degree of inertia involved to be honest, plus can't be arsed to worry about changing phone, TV and broadband as all part of same package. I'm lazy

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Have the Sky family package (so loads of channels but no Movies or Sport) including another box in daughter's room as a Multiroom add on.

Have a Now TV box sat next to the Sky box in the lounge as it's a MUCH cheaper way to get access to Sky movies. There's also another Now box in _and_son's room which means we don't need another multiroom subscription. Also have Now TV in my office so that I can have News on there (or a Movie or catch up or something from a boxset if it's quiet).

One of the Now TV boxes is also hacked and I put Plex on it ('hacked' is a generous term... it really wasn't difficult) which means I can stream stuff from sources other than Sky.

Movies through a normal subscription and the Sports packages are a terrible rip off. 10 minutes with Google and you can find loads of alternatives, Plex and Kodi being among the best.

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
Yes, full package (and 3 boxes). Watch loads of sport (football, golf & cricket). Marginal cost of movie package is insignificant once you have sports. Should really do something about overall cost but degree of inertia involved to be honest, plus can't be arsed to worry about changing phone, TV and broadband as all part of same package. I'm lazy

I, like you, was lazy but having got off my arse and cancelled, I managed to get 50% off my package with £100 credit on my account. Will be cancelling at the end of every contract from now on. Loyalty gets you nowhere.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
No don't subscribe but another who's half way through the TalkTalk 3 months free sports and it's barely been on ... won't be continuing it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No, I go to the local sports pub if we're on.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
My friend suggested that a far more effective way to protest ticket prices for football would be for everyone to cancel Sky Sports for a month (maybe at the end of the football season)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No, because:

a) I don't fancy sitting on the sofa watching any old crap that's on - I do enough of that without Sky as it is.
b) I don't fancy paying a lot more money to sit on the sofa watching any old crap
c) I don't fancy giving Rupert Murdoch my money if I can possibly avoid it. The man is a vile cancer on society, IMHO.
d) I don't fancy what modern, fan-exploiting, money-bloated football has become. Sky Sports is a huge part of that.
e) I don't fancy being rail-roaded into subscribing to something that I'd actually like to watch but is only provided by one very expensive monopoly supplier, as is now the case with the cricket coverage: I don't like being told what to do.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
No. I did, for a year or so on some Virgin deal a little while ago, but to renew that was at an unpleasantly vastly cost. I signed up originally to Sky Movies too, but that, for all the many films on show, was mostly unwatchable bobbins. So I ditched the two and went with BT Sport, on which last eve I watched a bit of Corinthians v Sao Paolo. Within 20 minutes I saw roughly 8 players holding their faces on the floor and writhing as if reptilianly stung in the eyes. I got a bit bored, but that's not BT's fault.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
No No No....and if all said No..we would get Test matches,Football, etc etc on BBC/ITV and we could watch Brighton on Saturday afternoons.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Would if I could afford it, love watching quite a few sports and sitting down relaxing some evenings watching whatever game happens to be on would be a welcome break from this stream bullshit. Unfortunately the price is near extortion.

I don't buy into this 'don't feed the evil corporation' shite, it's happened with or without you or I.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yes...I have had the full package since the Lions went to sky about 15 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here