Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Always played in goal. Had a few seasons playing for L&G before that I played for an Eagle Star 5-a-side team that won a load of 5-a-side trophies.

Turning 40 now and finding it harder to get back off the ground after a save but that's more down to too many pies and pints at the Amex! Love playing 5-a- side and am always available for a match if lift can be arranged!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Never played more than 5-a-side at work in my 20s due to lack of ability, following the Albion and clubbing all night but rediscovered playing in my 30s when living abroad. I became the donkey centre half in an ex pat drinking club who had a decent young side and the reserves I played for which was veterans and pissheads. Got to the point where I could read the game, win the ball and give it to someone who could play.

My proudest moment was in a tournament in Tainan when our 1st team were short and I was brought on with 5 minutes to go and told to 'make a nuisance of myself'. I spent 5 minutes chasing the ball and scowling and eventually played a pass from which our star striker should have scored the winner. Unfortunately he Barnesed it but I got player of the day in the pub afterward.

I think this counts as 'other'.

Jimmy Grimble

SeagullRic, Conboy and Snoobs Seagull are all VERY good footballers.
:)
I think all 3 of them played in the same game, and I would deffinitely agree on all of them, [MENTION=9458]Conboy[/MENTION] especially. Oozed flair, quality player.

Unfortunately Snoobs and Seagull Ric are both better players than me, but I will take that complement and store it away for future reference!

[MENTION=6087]SNOOBS[/MENTION] is class.

This. He captained Lewis Dunk!

Snoobs played in a fantastic team in his earlier years, they were way better than any others and if memory serves me correct at U10s we actually got a very creditable 0-0 draw against his team when I managed Junior

At that age me and Snoobs played in rival teams - the two best in the league - and I think I remember that result you got against them helped us out to win the league (If i'm thinking of the right age)! After that season they went on to dominate as you say, unfortunately we lost a few key players to the centre of excellence. Got a bit silly in the end as both teams just started cherry-picking the best players from the weaker teams.

I only play 6aside now. In fact, the last 11aside game I played was the REMF one. When I got to 16/17 I stopped enjoying it, every game just seemed to be kick and rush football and invariably tactics were just to "hit the channels". As a ball-playing central midfielder I got sick of it. Coincided with the same time I started going to Albion games regularly with my mates and I knew what I had more fun doing.

I do still enjoy playing 6aside up at Waterhall, but even at the tender age of 20 my knees are knackered (not just a turn of phrase, they are genuinely in a bit of a bad way!) :( Doesn't help that my fitness levels has disintegrated massively as well. Touch and passing hasn't left me though!

Oh and [MENTION=943]Chesney Christ[/MENTION] is a very intelligent and cultured footballer. A rarity in the Saturday/Sunday leagues.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've always played in one form or another but these days it's indoor football for me, every Monday. In addition, sometimes we end up playing one-off matches against teams raised by friends of our crowd.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Stopped playing 5-a-side (Pitch Invasion) a couple of years ago at the age of 53 and I really miss it. Still like the odd kickabout and my son (who used to play in the same boys' team, Withdean, as SeagullRic) wants to get a Pitch Invasion team together and I've said I'll play if they're short. And desperate!

I do still enjoy playing 6aside up at Waterhall, but even at the tender age of 20 my knees are knackered (not just a turn of phrase, they are genuinely in a bit of a bad way!) :( Doesn't help that my fitness levels has disintegrated massively as well. Touch and passing hasn't left me though!

Weird how even at a young age some of our limbs are knackered. Only 21 and have bad case of shin splints atm and terribly out of shape from a lack of exercise, so 5 a side is probably my limit, though will no doubt play a bit of 11 if needed for the Rebel's fans team to make up the numbers! Have issues with my ankles every now and then, but didn't stop me playing fair bit of tennis at Uni.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still playing county for southwick, played county since i was 16 nearly 20 years now

You are the same age as my son who is County at Worthing United, I hope you get better results than they do !

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
What you doing coming on here talking about football should be ashamed of our self this site is to talk about all manners of things in fact anything bar football

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I only play 6aside now. In fact, the last 11aside game I played was the REMF one. When I got to 16/17 I stopped enjoying it, every game just seemed to be kick and rush football and invariably tactics were just to "hit the channels". As a ball-playing central midfielder I got sick of it. Coincided with the same time I started going to Albion games regularly with my mates and I knew what I had more fun doing.

This is pretty much what happened to me. Once you go below County level, the way in which football is played in this country is for the most part.... horrible. Everything is about "passion" and "effort", getting the ball towards the goal in the quickest time possible with no acknowledgement that keeping possession and building up patiently (where necessary) is actually the way to go.

Fortunately I have now found a side in the West Sussex League where we actually try to play in the right way. Its a fairly crap level but we pass the ball from the back, keep the ball for relatively long periods (considering the standard we are at) and the players are not afraid to pass the ball sideways and backwards if required. Its one of the lowest standards I've ever played but I'm enjoying my footy more than ever. It may not always come off, but the players are trying to do the right thing.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Pretty sure that if I ran more than 50yards I'd firstly throw up and then collapse and die of an asthma attack!

I kick a ball with the little one in the park of a weekend but any serious bursts of speed up the wing are a thing of the past.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i used to play rugby to a very good standard until an injury put an end to that career. Now play in goal as apparently i'm good at getting in the way of the ball :)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Play Sunday football. Not that good but given I'm 6 foot 6 and fairly hefty I do a job as a target man. Currently having my best season by a long way. 13 goals in 7 games for me. Seem to have learned a fair bit about reading the game and just starting to put it into practice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here