Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sheebo - who played with me in several REMF games is CONVINCED I am genuinely better than Agustin Battipiedi. Obviously this is bollocks, but its very flattering nonetheless.

NB Sheebo has slight eyesight problems.

I have played with Sheebo too, in a warm up game for the REMF a few years ago. Well, I say I played.. I was on the pitch! Horrible saturday morning at Waterhall.

SeagullRic, Conboy and Snoobs Seagull are all VERY good footballers.

I think all 3 of them played in the same game, and I would deffinitely agree on all of them, [MENTION=9458]Conboy[/MENTION] especially. Oozed flair, quality player.

Your lad is a hell of a player.

I was at the last REMF game, and deffinitely agree with this! As does anyone who was there or watched the highlights. Glorious performance, clearly playing a long way below his ability. [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION]'s son is one of the best players I have played with as well, fantastic player. I think he is @The Fat Ball Boy on here, or something similar. Superb performance in a shocking team!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Your lad is a hell of a player.

He does OK, now trying to sort out a 4 year scholarship to play Soccer in the USA.

Hopefully we can get the right deal and maybe MLS beckons................

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I played for teams from the age of 8 until 21. At school boy level i had trials for Mid Essex. My school football captain was Rod Harrington (darts player, now Sky pundit) he had trials for Ipswich. I played for a decent U15's side, 3 or 4 of them had trials with clubs, one made it the goalkeeper Nigel Spinks.
I played against and marked Neil Smillie (ex Brighton) and then played for a bit in the Mid Essex prem league.
Started working away after i left school and the football took a nose dive from then on.... played a season in a Sunday league pub side (normally after a heavy Sat night) then moved away from Essex aged 21.
I'm afraid working away, and booze took over.... :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Used to play for my school team, Queens Park Jaguars and Whitehawk....now I just play football with my son, which is enough with my knackered knees. I might reinvent myself as an off spinner next season to prolong my cricketing career. Bloody knees.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
[MENTION=6087]SNOOBS[/MENTION] is class.

Snoobs played in a fantastic team in his earlier years, they were way better than any others and if memory serves me correct at U10s we actually got a very creditable 0-0 draw against his team when I managed Junior

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was at the last REMF game, and deffinitely agree with this! As does anyone who was there or watched the highlights. Glorious performance, clearly playing a long way below his ability. [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION]'s son is one of the best players I have played with as well, fantastic player. I think he is @The Fat Ball Boy on here, or something similar. Superb performance in a shocking team!

I think Rev managed to get [MENTION=15395]TheFatBallBoy[/MENTION] 's account banned :facepalm:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I used to be fairly good when I was 13/14, played a game for the Albion's centre of excellence against Fulham, we got dicked and I realised I was way out of my depth. Decided to concentrate mainly on my tennis after that.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I used to be fairly good when I was 13/14, played a game for the Albion's centre of excellence against Fulham, we got dicked and I realised I was way out of my depth. Decided to concentrate mainly on my tennis after that.

How good are you at tennis? I'm always on the lookout for new opponents if you'd be interested in the new year, although I have [MENTION=3788]Barrel of Fun[/MENTION] to joust with first!

Never got into football until aged nine or ten, never played in any teams as a kid so at school I was always stuck in goal on the playground. Eventually played there more and got better over the years.

Most of my playing has been for the Worthing fans team. Half a dozen or so 11 a side games at left back, numerous 5 a side tourneys, mostly in goal. Useless in full size goals but okay in smaller ones.

Would love to play more as has been months since last kicked a ball, but since moving back from uni my social group here isn't into football all that much.

Overall, mediocre, tubby outfield player, average to mediocre goalie, but has been so long since I was in goal I'll be out of shape next time I do play!

Last edited:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
How good are you at tennis? I'm always on the lookout for new opponents if you'd be interested in the new year, although I have [MENTION=3788]Barrel of Fun[/MENTION] to joust with first!

Depends what you deem to be good really. I was top ten in the county a couple of years ago when I played competitions but I was along way off the very top players, though could beat a couple of them through attrition/them having off days. In terms of the lta rating system my standard is probably about 6.1/6.2 if that makes any sense to you?

If you play to a serious standard then I'd imagine you would beat me fairly comfortably.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Play for University College.

Also play in amateur league at University as a striker for a bit of fun. (I'm a keeper for Uni College team).

Also play for two 5 a side teams!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I gave up playing 11 a side a while ago. Wasn't fit enough and not enough BALL time.

Now I play futsal/5 a side when my knee permits. Love that.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Any of the below could apply to me:

Not currently, have done in the past
No, but interested in future
My interest has never been matched by ability
I want to play, but don't know how to find a team

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I could give Vicente a run for his money with my injury proneness.. Played first game in about 6 months in December last year after being out with torn tendons in my groin. Within 10 minutes of coming on I tore tendons AND ligaments in my groin... That put me out for another about 6/7 months. Slowly getting back to fitness. :thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
i've dabbled in both 5 a side and 11 a side but in reality i'm very much in the "below average" category

my chronic lack of fitness, partly due to smoking and a dodgy knee, meant that i recently started playing in goal in 5-a-side where i've actually ended up being ok (as in, not a complete liability, and actually capable of pulling off decent saves without too many complete howlers)

played in goal in 11 a side and i was pretty woeful as i'd never done it before, found it completely different as in 5-a-side i can get away with being a reasonable shot stopper...in 11-a-side i had to deal with things like crosses which i'm completely brezovan-esque at

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I've never been much good but really enjoy playing - the whole team thing ( on the pitch and in the bar afterwards ) , plus there's no feeling like seeing the back of the net bulge ( rare though it may be ) when you put in a nice shot. I'm 59 and still playing. Its easier to keep playing out here in Canada since they have leagues arranged by age group. The oldest league category is over 45 though, so even there I'm giving away a few years. We have outdoor 11 a side in summer and indoor 6 a side in winter. The knees are beginning to be a problem so the end is probably in sight. It'll be hard to quit.........

kateean2

Nov 13, 2012
Great thread! Also my favorite view.
als.jpg

man.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here