Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you know of anyone who supports Brighton AND Crystal Palace??

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Not a double agent but a family split, Jonathan Pearce (a Bristol City fan) who lives in West Sussex recently said that his wife is a palace fan and his son(s) is/are Albion fan(s).

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
In all honesty no PROPER football fan is going to support two teams, let alone two who absolutely hate each other

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I don't think anyone can trump a Chelsea AND Man Utd fan.

:nono:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I once knew a Brighton born Palace fan,who often went in the North stand at the Goldstone and actually enjoyed our matches.

But as a previous poster says,no proper fan will support both clubs..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Good old Quentin Cook, the public schoolboy who stopped going to Palace because it was getting too violent.
Started being called Norman to be more " working class "
The big girls blouse !!

Sounds like the whole of the Palace support then,if they had to choose Albion over the Wall as a rival...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My brother has a palace season ticket- living and working in Croydon I can almost forgive him.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Spanish Flair ?
He spent 6 months masquerading as a Palace fan on bbs.
Strange chap.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My brother supports Palace and my dad who is a lifelong Albion fan took him to some of the games when he was too young to go on his own. Unfortunately he developed a fondness for Palace. Brighton are still very much his team but he also likes Palace to win!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The first ever division 1 game I saw was at Selhurst Park and was a special treat from my dad to see Bobby Moore play. Obviously, it was a treat for him, too!

Our heroes Moore, Bonds, Lampard, (Pop) Robson and (Clyde) Best tore Palace a new one that day and I got to see what a shithole Selhurst was (the Arthur Waite was their new stand then) a few years before the real rivalry got going for me at the Challis match at Stamford Bridge.

Thanks to my dad's early education, I was ahead of the game compared to most of my contemporaries, though I do still struggle to shake off my "liking" for West Ham.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I was born in Lewisham and live in Hayes, Bromley till I was 10. Asked my dad when I was about 7 or 8 which football team I should support and he said Cyrstal Palace, as it was the closest team. I never went to a game or really watched any Palace games on TV but assumed that was my team. Moved down to Brighton and lived about a mile from the ground. Started school at West Blatch in Hangleton and was asked straight away what team I supported. Needles to say the reaction brought on a few scraps and my re-education started from that day. What really changed me was hearing the NS roar from my garden and I was hooked. Thank god I move to Brighton before the rot set in!!
First game in 76 when I was 12, been a NS BHA boy ever since, over 40 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here