Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you know of anyone who supports Brighton AND Crystal Palace??

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't SUPPORT both clubs, l'm Albion through and through, although l certainly don't hate Palace, l don't even see them as our main rivals, we have played Portsmouth more often, and they are closer to us geographically too.

Indeed until that infamous FA Cup match with about 27 penalties back in the 1970's we weren't great rivals with Crystal Palace Palace at all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm afraid it's true
I couldn't believe it when I saw him on the train wearing a palace shirt it turned my stomach "inside outside & upside down"
He went to all home and away at the goldstone I'm tempted to name & shame him:rolleyes:

Next you'll tell us he's a Palace troll on here? Is it Big Belly, or whatever his name was?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bigbelly. :moo:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not according to The AA they're not.

Amex to Selhurst = 46.2 miles

Amex to Fratton Park = 53.5 miles

By road:

My house to Fratton Park = 35 miles

My House to Selhurst Park = 51 miles.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In fact looking at the Pompey / Albion hinterland.

Fratton Park - 28.0 miles - Arundel - 24.2 miles - The Amex
Fratton Park - 23.4 miles - Fontwell - 27.9 miles - The Amex

So, the divide (distance wise) is somewhere near Walberton on the A27.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
we have played Portsmouth more often,

This doesn't appear to be true either. Looking at a couple of websites, we have played palace 96 times but only played Portsmouth 45. So historically, Portsmouth come nowhere near palace both in location and times played. I always think fans in west Sussex feel the Pompey thing more than us in the east, whereas palace being in London, tends to resonate whether one is east or west.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Wasn't Fat Boy Slim a Palace fan before he saw the light?

Seems so, found this online

Here is the key section in his own words...
Because I grew up in Reigate, I'm ashamed to say that for the early part of my life I supported our arch enemy, Crystal Palace. But about five years after I moved to Brighton, to go to college, my mates took me to an Albion game. I'd just been dumped by my wife and it was a case of them trying to cheer me up for the afternoon. But I was instantly hooked and ended up going to every home game for the next two seasons. The problem for me now is that Saturday nights are my big work night, so I do miss a lot of matches through being away.
The great thing about supporting Albion is that there's never a dull moment. It's either championships and promotion or relegation dogfights. Someone came up to me in London the other day and asked who I supported. When I told them they said, 'Nah, what proper team do you support?' As if not being on the telly every week means you're not a proper football club.

That's not to say I haven't witnessed some dreadful games. The worst was losing to Notts County in the Division Two play-off final at Wembley in 1991. We didn't look like the team I'd been watching all season - it didn't help that we played in a weird pink strip. That was when the rot set in. We were 90 minutes away from the First Division but we lost and within the week had sold our four best players and started tumbling down the leagues. I'll never forget the drive back to Brighton after the game. Palace fans were lining up on the motorway bridges on the M23 to wave us goodbye. A terrible day. :D:D:D

Good old Quentin Cook, the public schoolboy who stopped going to Palace because it was getting too violent.
Started being called Norman to be more " working class "
The big girls blouse !!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good old Quentin Cook, the public schoolboy who stopped going to Palace because it was getting too violent.
The big girls blouse !!

Allegedly paid Zamora's wages when we were in the shit financially. Hero would be my take. You can keep your Kid Jensen's. Oh hang on he ****ed off to QPR didn't he.

Best move FBS ever made imo

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Allegedly paid Zamora's wages when we were in the shit financially. Hero would be my take. You can keep your Kid Jensen's. Oh hang on he ****ed off to QPR didn't he.

Best move FBS ever made imo

The Kid was a queenie before he saw the light and came south of the river.
We don't want Quentin back, soiled goods :thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
TheMajor - he just hasn't found a way to break it to us yet.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The big girls blouse !!

Err no. Read the text you quoted.

And if you're talking about posh boys, football and big girl's blouses then look no further than Eddie Izzard, Palace director, wearer of big girl's blouses and loves to mention that his gran lived in a poor part of Bexhill to make himself more 'working class', doesn't like to mention his filthy rich dad or the public schools he went to.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Kid was a queenie before he saw the light and came south of the river.
We don't want Quentin back, soiled goods :thumbsup:

I think we got the best deal. FBS is a legend, Kid Jensen is a Leg End. Now come on, you can't argue with that surely?

Has Kid Jensen ever done anything for Palace, like FBS did for us?

Probably span some shit records and did the players end of season disco?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Err no. Read the text you quoted.

And if you're talking about posh boys, football and big girl's blouses then look no further than Eddie Izzard, Palace director, wearer of big girl's blouses and loves to mention that his gran lived in a working class part of Bexhill to make himself more 'working class', doesn't like to mention his filthy rich dad or the public schools he went to.

I don't think you can class Mr Izzard as working class ,with his private education and privileged background, he's no Jim Davidson.
Anyway, I shouldn't be replying to a known football hooligan .

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think you can class Mr Izzard as working class ,with his private education and privileged background, he's no Jim Davidson.
Anyway, I shouldn't be replying to a known football hooligan .

Will you make your mind up. You are putting FBS down for being a public school boy whilst singing the praises of Eddie Izzard for being one. Only one of them enjoys wearing blouses too and it's not the Albion fan, which is possibly surprising :lolol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think we got the best deal. FBS is a legend, Kid Jensen is a Leg End. Now come on, you can't argue with that surely?

Has Kid Jensen ever done anything for Palace, like FBS did for us?

Probably span some shit records and did the players end of season disco?

The Kid was a leading force in the CPFC 2010 takeover, being the " unofficial" go between .
Quentin has had some catchy tunes, but I personally preferred The Housemartins stuff.
I can't take him seriously with those stupid shirts Zoe makes him wear, hideous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here