Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you know of anyone who supports Brighton AND Crystal Palace??

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Got a couple of 50 something Palace mates who live in Brighton and love the city. NOT supporters of the Albion in any way (but strangely admit it would be good for the city if we went up).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you run this by me again???

He's an albion fan, who takes his son to watch all palace home games, and has a ST for brighton, his club?

Consider me utterly nonplussed:mad:

True "he just loves a football match" doesn't really cut it. If that was the case why would he choose Palace when there are so many better options in London

Maybe he's a masochist who hates his children :wink:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
What about Gordon Lucking who went the opposite way to our Norm? Gordon wanted to put money into the Albion but the board said 'No' to him joining, so he took it to Palace and became a director there.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I used to know a prat who supports "all London clubs" WTF?

I was at university with a bloke from Angmering who said he was an Albion fan, his dad got him a couple of Fulham season tickets in his first year, in his second year he got him a couple of Spurs season tickets, in his third year he got him a couple of Arsenal season tickets. Evidently he's currently a Chelsea fan.

He's a bit of a ****

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've been in the Palace end for 2 defeats at Wembley. (FA cup replay 1990 and the play off final v Leicester in 96, which was ****ing hillarious).

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Did you ask for a half-and-half scarf? ???

If not, you're safe.

No half and half scarf, but I was into colourful shirts for playing at school, in the park etc, and I had the Palace white shirt with the broad single claret and sky blue strips down the front. 1971-72.

But course I had the the Brighton stripy kit too

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Actually around 1971 to 1972 I would go and watch some Palace games with my dad as they were in Div.1 and we were in no danger of making that grade. There was no real rivalry then and I remember enjoying watching them put 5 past Man Utd. For me it all changed with that season opener in 1974 with Mellor scoring in the 1-0 win. No trips to Selhurst as a neutral after that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
TV's Susanna Reid (P*l*ce) was married to an Albion fan. I reckon their kids must be 'confused'.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can you run this by me again???

He's an albion fan, who takes his son to watch all palace home games, and has a ST for brighton, his club?

Consider me utterly nonplussed:mad:

Yep. He lives in redhill, his son is a palace fan having spent time in the palace academy, but he was born in Shoreham and got a st when we moved to the Amex.

So he takes his son to the palace games.but his son has only been down to brighton a few times.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Yep. He lives in redhill, his son is a palace fan having spent time in the palace academy, but he was born in Shoreham and got a st when we moved to the Amex.

So he takes his son to the palace games.but his son has only been down to brighton a few times.

Sounds like child abuse to me. That boy needs to be brought up in the right way!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here