• No - the concept is horsesh*t

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Luke Friend will win the X Factor

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
And this is far more to do with accepting power, money, wealth, etc. In other words, it says accept the difficult life that has been imposed on you -- and that there's nothing you can do about it, but salvation will come when you die.

No, it says that you live the life you choose. Either you choose to experience great wealth and lassitude but learn nothing of the meaning of your existence or terrible hardship which develops your spirit immeasurably. There is no death.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Do you believe in Karma ? What goes around comes around or are all lifes events chaos with no logic or explanation ?

I think on one level that generally if someone is an ******** to everybody they meet in their life like habitually cheating, stealing or lying they will eventually piss off all their close friends, family and eventually the wrong person. Their bad reputation naturally preceeds them to the point they are not trusted or taken seriously by anyone.

A bit like the boy who cried wolf, I heard he got his Karma.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's good to be good but that does not stop some bad things happening in your life.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yup, but should Barnes start with Leo when both fit ?

That's obvious. When fit, Leo should always start: he scores goals.
Not sure what your view on Barnes is, but I think he's a solid Championship squad player that might help us towards promotion. Oscar likes to play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1. Hopefully we both agree that Oscar is -- as Winnie the Pooh would say -- A VERY GOOD THING. So where -- or perhaps more importantly when -- Barnes plays has to fit in with Oscar's system which, in turn, depends on who is available.
I posted on another thread today that, if all fit, my front six would be:
Ince and Bridcutt
Agustein
Buckley and Orlandi
Ulloa
with three subs to come on as Barnes, CMS, Crofts, KLL.
In all this, I forgot about SD, who we can no longer forget about after those two DELICIOUS passes on Saturday.
Have I answered this particular question adequately enough for you?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Karma brings us ever back to rebirth, binds us to the wheel of births and deaths. Good Karma drags us back as relentlessly as bad, and the chain which is wrought out of our virtues holds as firmly and as closely as that forged from our vices.
- Annie Besant

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
That's obvious. When fit, Leo should always start: he scores goals.
Not sure what your view on Barnes is, but I think he's a solid Championship squad player that might help us towards promotion. Oscar likes to play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1. Hopefully we both agree that Oscar is -- as Winnie the Pooh would say -- A VERY GOOD THING. So where -- or perhaps more importantly when -- Barnes plays has to fit in with Oscar's system which, in turn, depends on who is available.
I posted on another thread today that, if all fit, my front six would be:
Ince and Bridcutt

Agustein
Buckley and Orlandi
Ulloa
with three subs to come on as Barnes, CMS, Crofts, KLL.
In all this, I forgot about SD, who we can no longer forget about after those two DELICIOUS passes on Saturday.
Have I answered this particular question adequately enough for you?

With clarity. brevity and a lucid insight so often lacking. Being a Barnes 'yes' person, I look forward to your prophecies coming true.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And now in English please.

It is in English, but in a rather technical English admittedly. I've explained all the terms in there, not perfectly, as i've probably had one too many by now. What I'm saying is not too far off what beorhthelm is saying in post 7 if that's a little easier.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's good to be good but that does not stop some bad things happening in your life.

Yep, being decent isn't a get out of jail free card but it may help you not to get sent there in the first place.

Good and bad luck along the way is different to Karma and is a different side of the dice we throw.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yep, being decent isn't a get out of jail free card but it may help you not to get sent there in the first place.

Good and bad luck along the way is different to Karma and is a different side of the dice we throw.

Even dice throws have a pattern when measured over enough time.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
With clarity. brevity and a lucid insight so often lacking. Being a Barnes 'yes' person, I look forward to your prophecies coming true.

Of those six, might be tempted to swap Barnes for Buckley (especially for away games). With a bit of luck (and we deserve this), they'll all be fit by the end of the month. If so, that particular prophecy might come true and, if it does, my prophecy is that we won't be too far away from promotion (but might have to be through the difficult route of the play-offs: still convinced that QPR's first team and squad is just too strong for this division, which leaves just one other automatic spot, which might be a tall order given our summer, time for Oscar to get his ideas through, injuries, the lack of pace in our squad, etc).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why are the two things mutually exclusive?

Just go with Bill Hicks.

"The headlines tonight. Today a young man on acid realised that we are all facets of a God who is experiencing himself subjectively, there is no death and all matter is just energy vibrating at different frequencies..now over to Bob with sports"

Going with Bill Hicks is obviously a good thing. As is going with Chris Morris. Not so sure that Bill Hicks did karma though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No, it says that you live the life you choose. Either you choose to experience great wealth and lassitude but learn nothing of the meaning of your existence or terrible hardship which develops your spirit immeasurably. There is no death.

I will die, and let me suggest that you will too. I have not, am not, and won't be rich, and have no idea of your situation on this front. I've partly chosen this, but also had it thrust upon me by circumstances.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Careful. You'll be telling us next that somebody taught you a foolproof system for betting on them...

I'd need a thousand years and huge funds. I don't have either. Just mean that even random patterns have a rhythm and repeatability over time.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I will die, and let me suggest that you will too. I have not, am not, and won't be rich, and have no idea of your situation on this front. I've partly chosen this, but also had it thrust upon me by circumstances.

Your physical body will die. You will not. Your circumstances ( bizarre as it may seem ) are yours because you ordained it. You chose everything. You can change it, if you choose, but ultimately, you always choose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here