Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you believe Hughton can put together a top 6 side?

Can Hughton build a top 6 side

• Yes

Votes: 170 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 39.7%

• Total voters

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not under the current regime. The foundations for success are built from a stable environment. We had that when we first came up from league 1. We have gone backwards since losing THAT game against THEM!!! Chris needs support from TB that I don't believe will be forthcoming in the immediate future.
A bit of honesty about the club's true ambitions being one thing that should be made public. At the moment us 'customers' are having the wool pulled over our eyes.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And Birmingham?

Ched Evans up front next season?........ after all it was convicted sexual predator Marlon King that fired the goals for Hughton/Brum to finish 4th, though King was signed just before Hughton arrived.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes - but he needs to sign HIS players. With Burke gone, that may well be able to happen.

It also really needs sorting before pre-season too.

I think this summer we really will find out a lot about the clubs true ambitions.... we're told we're PL ready, each year there's statements from Bloom about how we expect to challenge for top 6 (around ST renewal time), and fans wont be disappointed with team. And last season we sold all our good players and scrambled at the last minute to replace them with rubbish.

Blooms a hero and has done so much, BHA is a business and i guess these mistakes can happen, everyone deserves the chance to put it right, but we've all noticed the corporate customer, high price sales nature of of the club, and I hope we're not being conned like the Newcastle fans, and are being fed shit just to be milked.

We''ll know by the beginning of the new season what the real intent is

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope and I doubt he'll get the backing to get the quality of players required to challenge. More of the same next season IMO.

D

Deleted member 2719

No anyone that plays Leon best with his attitude and also puts Greer in a three man defence has got zero chance IMO.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He can, but I have a horrible feeling he won't be given the resources to do so.

Easy answer to that one is...NO, not in one summer transfer window anyway.

If players were made of bricks and mortar then Tony B would have no issue spending the required dosh, as it is...No

Very much this from me.

I think we will be doing well to be mid table next season. Teams that end poorly don't become promotion candidates in the next campaign. 46 points in most seasons & you should be relegated.mdo we deserve to have stayed up? I suppose given that three teams will finish below us, then yes, but most of our players are league 1 at best.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whilst I agree with all your points made, I think he has the potential to do it. I was particularly angered by the playing of the loan players today, I would much rather have seen some fringe or devt players step up at this point. What was there to lose?

What was there to lose? getting clobbered by the FA for not fielding our strongest side at a crucial stage of the season. There may be some arguments about "strongest side", but Bournemouth, Norwich and Middlesborough would not have been impressed today had we put out a load of kids.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What was there to lose? getting clobbered by the FA for not fielding our strongest side at a crucial stage of the season. There may be some arguments about "strongest side", but Bournemouth, Norwich and Middlesborough would not have been impressed today had we put out a load of kids.

The result would of been the same either way.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I hope Tony Bloom gives him the backing, but I would also like us to get quality rather than quantity. We had far too many squad members this season which must have impacted on the salary bill. I think we only need 20 main squad players and then five DS players can be brought in when required bench wise. We need to replace the loans and the 5 released with 6 quality players that will start every game. We wasted wages this year on bad loans and bad signings that hardly ever played.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The result would of been the same either way.

Yes.possibly, maybe even probably, but...............

Lose game with strongest team out - fair enough.

Lose game playing kids - people ask questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here