Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you believe Hughton can put together a top 6 side?

Can Hughton build a top 6 side

• Yes

Votes: 170 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 39.7%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's amazing the amount of negativity towards Hughton at the back end of last season. We laugh at the 442 prediction of relegation but there were a large number of our own supporters who thought we'd struggle
Maybe that'll be something to do with 7 points from the last 36 and 1 point from games v Millwall, Wigan, Blackpool & Rotherham.
All the while watching the team performing, at best, on a par with the first half of the season and on occasion worse than under Hyypia.
That's not a lot to inspire much confidence.

D

Deleted member 2719

Another great bounce [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]! Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?
All that negativity! The board backed the manager and he didn't need to spend a fortune to put us where we are. C'mon lads give us a wave :wave:

Nice bounce, but come on Leon best is no longer a part of the promotion bid and GG hasn't been part of a 3 man defence this season.

So just maybe Mr Hughtons success came from all our POSITIVE feed back. :wave:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've just voted yes.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
:big wave:

I get lots of things wrong, but not many that I am this happy about
Ditto.

I know loads of people who were not confident based on the last half of last season.

Happy to have got it wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The digs at Tonys willingness to spend the money are particularly entertaining
But they were made at the end of a season which the club (Tony) had attempted to run 'on the cheap'.

The playing budget had been raised by only £3m from £20m to £23m.
In a rising market that's pretty much a real time drop in funding.

The previous squad had generated nearly £15m profit from players needing replacing.
The squad had 5 loanees almost all season, 6 on occasion.
The manager was clearly cheap.
His backroom staff even cheaper.

Anyone care to give me odds on whether the playing budget has been increased by a further £3m?
Somehow I think after last season debacle, Tony has found a willingness to spend money.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's fascinating to look back at where we were when the thread started. I began to quote posters who were convinced we were going to struggle or be relegated, but there were simply too many. I know we were in a bad place and football fans are fickle, but it's extraordinary to see just how far we've come and how our expectations are now raised to the highest level since moving to the Amex. Long may it continue!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope and I doubt he'll get the backing to get the quality of players required to challenge. More of the same next season IMO.

I'd like to apologise for doubting both the board and CH.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have you run out of steam starting new threads so you have started bouncing old ones to maintain the feel good factor from Saturday ?

No. I was looking for something specific and happened across this one and thought it deserved a wee bounce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here