Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you Albion fans get offended when ....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i hope nobody goes crying to the old bill when a supposed gay brighton fan beats the living daylights out of a opposing fan who had questioned his sexuality , because as sure as the sun comes up it will happen sooner or later

whats daft about all of this bollox is the Fact that most of brightons gay population has migrated down here from upt north scotland and london , oh and one eyed bazz from aberystwyth

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you really want to wind up our gay fans then surely attack them through their choice of curtains or soft furnishings.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i hope nobody goes crying to the old bill when a supposed gay brighton fan beats the living daylights out of a opposing fan who had questioned his sexuality , because as sure as the sun comes up it will happen sooner or later

whats daft about all of this bollox is the Fact that most of brightons gay population has migrated down here from upt north scotland and london , oh and one eyed bazz from aberystwyth

So very close to the truth imvho.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
opposing fans always chant homophobic chants such as 'does ur boyfriend know you're here' or 'we forget that you were queer'

For me it's a bit pathetic. It's not as if you haven't heard it before and I bet every opposing fan that sings it thinks they're the only one that does.

But do you get offended by it or is it just banter?

The reason I ask is because of the article below. Is it not just part and parcel of the game?

Police want Saints fans' help to beat homophobic chanting at St. Mary's From Daily Echo)

Nope i dont

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Funny this,I remember when all the crap regarding Sol Cambell was going down,it was the crime of the century,when Albion supporters rang into radio stations complaining about homophobic chants (i.e. Talk Sport) it was all just a bit of jolly banter and the presenter even added his own well educated comment about where Brighton supporters had their hands during matches(Adrian Durham)so,yes,I am f***ing well pissed off with any homophobic "banter".If the mighty Seagulls had a predominately black team would we put up with anti black chants?I don`t think so!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
does not offend me it just shows that the opposing fans are ignorant

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Probably not what the club wants to hear or want but... I quite like it when a team comes up with something funny and original for it.

however that's few and far between , other then that it's just repetitive and I just zone it out , makes absolutely no difference to my day.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

This. All gays I know have no interest in football, not least BHA.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

There are a few gay posters on here, and I know plenty of other gay people, male & female, who are into football, supporting various clubs. They don't make it a central feature of their support (why would they?) hence it doesn't occur to you that they're there. But I'm quietly confident that even Southampton have their share of gay fans.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, this subject's come round again quite quickly. Like 98% of Brighton fans (finger-lick guesstimate) I don't give a toss about the supposed homophobic chanting. I respect the opinions of those who do but ultimately I feel they're sadly indicative of the intolerant society that Britain's becoming.

Just to be a bit 'naughty' I might even suggest that actually there IS no homophobic chanting and it's all over-sensitive perception. All the supposedly 'homophobic' chants such as 'we can see you holding hands' all the way to 'we can see you sucking cock' could equally be directed at heterosexual couples and our female fans, and whilst the latter is certainly boorish and unpleasant the actual words themselves are not homophobic.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I would suggest you don't know that many then. Out of my gay friends I'd say about 50% (another finger-lick guesstimate) have some interest in football, ranging from people who just watch England during tournaments right up to a guy who was a West Ham STH.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Says the man whose username spells BENDER!!!! (did you chuckle to yourselve when you can up with that)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Which is surprising really, you'd have thought the sight of fit young men in tight shorts dripping in sweat would be right up their street!?!

It's got me hot and bothered just thinking about it!

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Banter to be honest is great 2500 away fans singing does your boyfriend know your here is swiftly followed by limp wrists and chants of your to ugly to be gay. The STH who sits next to me is gay and he finds it amusing.

What I would say is against Barnsley last week 1 fan stood on the rail way bridge and delivered a real deluge of homophobic rubbish that guy took banter to far.

Any way redneb I would be disappointed if we didnt here it today at St Marys

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

You're obviously frequenting the wrong clubs and bars then.

:p

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
My feelings are mixed on this. Sometimes I find the whole thing amusing, especially our ripostes (Millwall springs to mind). But sometimes I just think its pathetic, and at times (tunnel to train station after Milwall) it can get pretty vicious.

I don't find it "offensive", but then I am not gay. Surely the opinion that matters on this subject is that of a gay Brighton fan (I can only think of Frutos on this board who is openly gay). What I do find slightly disturbing is when you go to away games and some of the home fans just spend the entire match making "obscene" gestures. There was a guy at Leicester miming sucking cock for almost 90 minutes. These people need to have a serious look at themselves, and I would suggest its not too much of a leap to say that some of them are repressing certain sexual urges. Anyone that obsessed with homosexuality is probably a closet homosexual themselves.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My suggestion to Simsters brother would be there will be more gays statistcaly in the home end this afternoon than away assuming 1 in every 100 is homosexual:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here