Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you Albion fans get offended when ....

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Following Barnet as well, I hate the anti-Semitic chants which are offensive to a club with a big Jewish following - like Tottenham. "Where's your foreskin gone?" and "Hitler's going to gas you again". Boring and just as annoying. :yawn:

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
One of the best reposts is to turn the question on the OP. Just as the NSCers did to the Barnsley fans who were making such homophobic chants after the game, appear to get turned on and invite them for a homoerotic experience. Really got under the Tykes skins!

Secondly I would ask the Saints fan what he thinks of the racist posts on some of their forums over the last few days calling Poyet a monkey?

Calling him a monkey has nothing to do with racism. Just like calling Peter Reid a monkey isn't racist. It's name calling, sure. But not racism.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You're too ugly to be gay,and we're gay,but we're beating you normally tend to shut the mutants up!

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
i love the fact that Brighton is the gay capital of the UK,
not being gay i have a much larger selection of single women to pick from.
The chanting doesn't worry me either but then not being gay it wouldn't,
don't know how i would feel if i was gay though

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Personally couldn't give a flying f***.

1 - 0 to the nancy boys!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
opposing fans always chant homophobic chants such as 'does ur boyfriend know you're here' or 'we forget that you were queer'

For me it's a bit pathetic. It's not as if you haven't heard it before and I bet every opposing fan that sings it thinks they're the only one that does.

But do you get offended by it or is it just banter?

The reason I ask is because of the article below. Is it not just part and parcel of the game?

Police want Saints fans' help to beat homophobic chanting at St. Mary's From Daily Echo)

Not at all... After all they are all a bunch of soft southern shandy drinking poofs anyway.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The OP lives in Brighton he must be gay?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
The trouble with this country is that it is afraid of it's own shadow...................'racism' 'homophobia' islamophobia' 'health and safety'. Everything gets blown out of all proportion. I'm not condoning what Sepp Blatter said but abroad it barely caused a ripple.....but off course in England acres and acres of (repitive) news coverage.......'Blatter is a racist he should resign, unacceptable blah blah blah'. Then our Gus comes along and to me makes a somewhat 'lost in translation' defence of his countryman......and off course he is labelled a 'racist'. FFS he was saying in his country certain words to describe certain races are perfectly acceptable and that Suarez was just using them against Evra.......how was Suarez to know?? Although I do concede 'cry like a baby' was somewhat ill judged given the very sensitive subject that racism currently is.

And then John Terry. I intensely dislike 'JT'................and if it is proven he made racist remarks to AF then he should be punished with a long ban / fine / stripping of England captaincy. But a Met police 'investigation?'.................jesus if you got your house broken into in London the met would not launch an 'investigation'...................but give them a chance to show 'we have taken on board the McPherson report recommendations and see we take racism seriously' they are all over it. John Terry will no doubt give the Met the ideal high profile scalp to demonstrate their 'anti racist' credentials. On the flip side of this if Ferdinand had called him an 'arrogant white b/tard' would there have been endless media coverage and a Met police 'investigation'?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
HOW CAN ANYONE.....Get offended by a 40 year old chant....not offended just bored that nobody has the wit to come up with something new,football banter is great when chanted against other fans....when it is personal abuse at one person it loses it's humour.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i remember singing this back in the 80's

i can't read and i can't write,but that don't really matter
i come from southampton and i can drive a tractor

offended?

thought not,we don't give a shit about these songs,it's just banter

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Brighton was cutting edge,always has been,1st and top for most things-doubt the gay population,in number or percentage is any higher than elsewhere these days,the're all at it.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Football has always been the type of sport where fans will do there best to wind up opposing fans but we are all bigoted to a certain extent ,thats the reality. History tells us nothing ever changes with human behaviour ,if we take 1930,s Germany there was discrimination against different sections of society and we know where that led to ,or am i taking it too seriously ?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I love it how away fans always think they have come up with something original whereas we hear we hear it every single game. It's just very boring now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here