Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we now have a fecking Entitled fanbase?

Do we now have an entitled fanbase

• Total voters

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How have we become like this? We were such a united fan base. It felt like under Hughton if we went down we’d go down together. Not so now.

I wanted Hughton out (as many of us did), but I don’t recall anything close to the vitriol that Potter, or his supporters are getting now. It’s another level. There’s a horrible entitled section to our fanbase that’s been cultivated somehow. I’m starting to think it’s just another psychological knock on effect of 2020.

I don’t think there is. But I appreciate it must feel uncomfortable tonight for the Pro Potters who have been staunchly sat in a bunker for many months, denying what’s going on outside and yet now the ground is visibly shaking.

As the late great Kipling said “If you can keep your head, when all around are losing theirs....then clearly you’ve no idea what’s really going on”

Anyway, who knows how things will pan out. Time for a truce. I’m piping down for a well earned break and I recommend likewise. HNY one and all.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Three results are possible in football and potter has lost more games than he’s drawn. He’s also only won 16 matches as brighton manager after 61 matches. That’s a win rate of 20%.

That is very very poor.

He and his staff need to go. Totally out of their depth. Many of us saw this months ago.

The players are capable of playing nice football but we are toothless, ineffective and lacking any passion. These three traits are needed to win matches in the PL and I don’t see and of these in the team or in potter.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I have very early in this season got to the point that I'm keenly following the form of the three teams below us.

If one of them, probably Fulham, start getting some wins, we are in trouble.

I have depressingly lost faith in us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Much much more of what we say and do as fans seeps into the media and onto the players than you realise. We need to be positive and show togetherness, show support and that will seep through. If the media are touting all our problems it is partly as it comes from us. We can have an effect, all I want is for us to make it a positive one.

You sound like Hugh Laurie's character in Blackadder Goes Forth, extolling the virtues of the General's plan just as the whistle goes for them to go into no man's land!!!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Much much more of what we say and do as fans seeps into the media and onto the players than you realise. We need to be positive and show togetherness, show support and that will seep through. If the media are touting all our problems it is partly as it comes from us. We can have an effect, all I want is for us to make it a positive one.

I'm afraid that horse bolted weeks ago. Media etc are calling it as it is en masse now- a team who plays decent football but can't keep playing the 'unlucky' or 'it'll come' cards. That has nothing to do with NSC- it's simply neutrals using their eyes and brains.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not entitled but unrealistic. Given our transfer activity in the summer what did people expect this season. Give the manager a proper centre forward and if we are still failing then we can criticise as much as we like. Potter hasn’t been given the tools to succeed.

And who was that striker we should have bought that would guarantee to put the chances away?

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
What I feel we are entitled to is better team selection than yesterday's. Not one striker when we have 4 on the bench. Half the starting 11 have very few playing minutes between them could have been a slaughter if Arsenal had turned up in the first half

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
And who was that striker we should have bought that would guarantee to put the chances away?

Haven't you heard the latest one? Diego Costa. And in the summer it was Giroud.
Do us a favour. Those type of players aren't joining.
What we actually need is a group of staff who can improve and get the best out of our players.

I utterly agree with most of your post :clap2:

Where i fundamentally disagree however is that we should be pushing for top 10. We spent 900k on the first team in the summer (whether loss of income was the reason I dont know) but that is not a credible amount for a team with lofty aspirations.

Look at what Villa, Leeds, Everton and Wolves all spent...thats the level we are competing with to be top 10. Without the big money striker or the absolute gem through the youth team we can't hit that level yet.

The football is good but limited by the lack of cutting edge.

Yeah agreed. However, TB did say we were now aiming to push on and hopefully become a Top 10 team this season. We are trying to do it the cheap way, whilst it's commendable, it just doesn't seem to be working. We can all see we are a couple of top quality players away from moving up.

As for Potter, his team selection today was a f**king joke. He's losing my faith and fast. Post match conference was all complete bollocks, he showed no passion or desire to even change our current situation. We need some nitty grittiness this season, not nicey nice, like Potter keeps being.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Simple, no win at home all season and one win at home in 2020, Potter is an arrogant prick with a bullet proof contract from Bloom.

Hughton managed 6 home wins in the first half of the 2018/19 season we were virtually safe by Feb. Hughton's sacking was knee jerk

and will come back to haunt Bloom.

[emoji106]

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Getting Ostersunds from barely National League South level to barely Div 1 level and one season at newly relegated Swansea, where he successfully steered them to 10th position, playing pretty football. Lets be honest folks, it was a total gamble. No real experience, no pedigree. Someone heard a conversation about him and fell for the hype. The man management skills, the degrees, all very compelling. A studious deep thinker who talks calmly.
Yes, we all fell for it.

Dan Ashworth. Ahem. Dan Ashworth

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The WE in the first sentence is referring to us, the fans.

How exactly are we the fans supposed to show fight and desire, and how are we not showing fight and desire to stay in the Premier league?! What on earth are you talking about?! We can't even attend games for a start. And doesn't the reaction on here to just how terrible our results have been through 2020 show we have desire to stay in the Premier league? I think in the main most fans have remained very patient (especially if you step off NSC and talk to the average fan), but understandably many have now lost faith and very concerned that actually GP is going to take us down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah agreed. However, TB did say we were now aiming to push on and hopefully become a Top 10 team this season. We are trying to do it the cheap way, whilst it's commendable, it just doesn't seem to be working. We can all see we are a couple of top quality players away from moving up.

As for Potter, his team selection today was a f**king joke. He's losing my faith and fast. Post match conference was all complete bollocks, he showed no passion or desire to even change our current situation. We need some nitty grittiness this season, not nicey nice, like Potter keeps being.

Pretty sure TB said it was more of a long term goal to become an established top ten club, rather than this season

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes, people away from NSC are more positive and patient. What I mean is we need to create a positive atmosphere and a siege mentality, us against them! We WILL play good football and stay up, we WILL do it. We need to stop this perpetual moaning when things don't go out way.
Teams that play good football win games you clown.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes, absolutely. We are showing AGAIN we have no fight for the top flight after 4 seasons. It happened before and it is happening again. We need to get together and show some ****ing desire. But no, we moan and bitch and whine like toddlers. We get what we deserve really.

Can I just clarify, you’re saying it’s the fan’s fault why we're currently heading towards relegation, despite the fact we can’t actually go to the games?

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No not at all. Look at those old stoke teams for example. Appalling football, effective yes, good no.

So...its not a results driven business then?
Surely, to continue to progress you need to stay in the highest possible division. Once cracks start appearing, you lose your best players and go backwards, quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here