Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Do we need statute of limitations for historic allegations?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I'm a truth teller H nothing more nothing less but you carry on with you cheap slurs desperately trying to cancel me

Regards
DF

What I don’t understand is why your membership from NSC has not been cancelled.
You are horrifically racist and peddle your beliefs on others. You belong in the dark ages.

People are people, whatever their colour or ethnicity. Deal with it or FU.CK OFF.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This man ticks the following boxes:
a man
White
Straight
Rich/upper class or part of establishment
Middle-aged or elderly
British

A more indefensible combination you will not find in today’s world. Accuse him of witchcraft and climate change too for the full house. It matters not what accusation is, he’s guilty. And I don’t even have an opinion on the bloke, imagine if those who’ve got an axe to grind?!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You are horrifically racist and peddle your beliefs on others. You belong in the dark ages.

People are people, whatever their colour or ethnicity. Deal with it or FU.CK OFF.

Quite extraordinary isn't it. What are the mods thinking?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A 100 year old has recently been taken out of a nursing home in Germany to appear in court to face charges about working in a concentration camp

Followed many Nazi trials since the mid 80s. Read tonnes of books and watched hundreds of hours of docs. This is the only one I’ve felt differently about, as in it’s too late. But then we live in a time when people have never been angrier about history and are seeking justice for crimes dating back to before the Middle Ages, so what do I know. This war only ended 76 years ago making it relatively yesterday by comparison.

It makes you wonder about the last person standing from the Climate Change generations and how they’ll be judged? Probably universally loathed as the embodiment of evil by future generations! Anyone alive today that’s still around in say 2100 might want to keep some savings a side for lawyers…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A crime is a crime and justice has no time limits

That’s a very noble and often quoted statement. The reality however is that practical justice does have time limitations. For example, You can’t prosecute many elderly persons because of their deteriorating health conditions. As an aside, don’t you think we live in strange times because we’re seemingly obsessed with re-writing history and seeking ‘justice’ for events sometimes occurring hundreds of years ago? Worth doing your ancestry tree in case anyone got hanged - where there’s blame there’s a claim and all that!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite extraordinary isn't it. What are the mods thinking?

Most probably ignore. Besides if someone is “that guilty” they would be banned. If you looked at impartially, it’s the reaction post that has an air of infringement. And not every post is ‘bad’ either in fairness. Live and let live. I used to get upset by use of DR knowing the history of that regiment. Have forgiven/forgotten. Life’s too short for grudges although NSC’s 2nd byline could be ‘home of the grudge’, some people carry them around for years because of what someone once said to them in the noughties or the like. Whereas I can scarcely keep track of who I offended yesterday, never mind last year :whistle: :kiss:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

This.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Followed many Nazi trials since the mid 80s. Read tonnes of books and watched hundreds of hours of docs. This is the only one I’ve felt differently about, as in it’s too late. But then we live in a time when people have never been angrier about history and are seeking justice for crimes dating back to before the Middle Ages, so what do I know. This war only ended 76 years ago making it relatively yesterday by comparison.

It makes you wonder about the last person standing from the Climate Change generations and how they’ll be judged? Probably universally loathed as the embodiment of evil by future generations! Anyone alive today that’s still around in say 2100 might want to keep some savings a side for lawyers…

Forgiving Ppf for his Internet trolling is one thing, forgiving the Holocaust seems a tad generous :lolol:

On a serious note, the people who worked in concentration camps didn’t care what age their victims were. From babies being smashed against paving slabs to save bullets to pensioners living for an average of 27 minutes after arriving at Auschwitz.
100 years old? Give a ****. Burn the mother****er.

Jan 30, 2008

I don't have to deal with anything thanks

Regards
DF

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This man ticks the following boxes:
a man
White
Straight
Rich/upper class or part of establishment
Middle-aged or elderly
British

A more indefensible combination you will not find in today’s world. Accuse him of witchcraft and climate change too for the full house. It matters not what accusation is, he’s guilty. And I don’t even have an opinion on the bloke, imagine if those who’ve got an axe to grind?!

Snowflake.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
That’s a very noble and often quoted statement. The reality however is that practical justice does have time limitations. For example, You can’t prosecute many elderly persons because of their deteriorating health conditions. As an aside, don’t you think we live in strange times because we’re seemingly obsessed with re-writing history and seeking ‘justice’ for events sometimes occurring hundreds of years ago? Worth doing your ancestry tree in case anyone got hanged - where there’s blame there’s a claim and all that!

I was walking along Brighton Prom today past David Gilmours fabulous home and then up to George street past all these wonderful Victorian homes now all flats and was thinking how our Georgian and Victorian forefathers could built Britain its railways, canals, whole towns, cities, museums with amazing artefacts, while today to build one fabulous home it takes a millionaire in this case a rockstar.

I do think we need to reflect upon our past history and face up to the fact that an awful lot of what we have today was gained through war, imperialism, slavery and theft.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Stanley Johnson, father of Boris, now being accused of smacking a female MP's bottom at the 2003 Party Conference.

Funnily enough he has no recollection of the incident, but in mitigation he's in his 80's.

The same as this 'alleged' conversation at Yorkshire 12 years ago, which looks set to destroy Michael Vaughan's career and reputation.

How far back is far enough?

I don’t remember being a racist was acceptable when i was young, and that was long before 12 years ago. And never once felt it appropriate to smack a females bottom in public.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Ooh no - I might be in trouble. When I was five years old I apparently 'twanged' a girls underwear at my 5th Birthday Party.

60 years on, I'm expecting a lawsuit in the post any day now!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I was walking along Brighton Prom today past David Gilmours fabulous home and then up to George street past all these wonderful Victorian homes now all flats and was thinking how our Georgian and Victorian forefathers could built Britain its railways, canals, whole towns, cities, museums with amazing artefacts, while today to build one fabulous home it takes a millionaire in this case a rockstar.

I do think we need to reflect upon our past history and face up to the fact that an awful lot of what we have today was gained through war, imperialism, slavery and theft.

What did the Victorians do for us?

Seriously, you are right. You only have to look at the photos of labourers in Brighton building sewers, roads, tramways, the sea front etc. Poorly paid and living in squalor but they had no choice. Work at the going rate or starve.
There is no doubt that the general populace is so much better of financially but this is at the cost of a lack of investment in our cities and services.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ooh no - I might be in trouble. When I was five years old I apparently 'twanged' a girls underwear at my 5th Birthday Party.

60 years on, I'm expecting a lawsuit in the post any day now!

And now I won't sleep tonight because you have just reminded me that I gave a kid at school a 30 second wedgie in the playground.
I could get 5 years.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A crime is a crime and justice has no time limits

I am very surprised the Spanish government hasn’t approached the city of Rome for war reparations when the population of Hispania was enslaved and basically sent down the mines to work until they died.

They were nasty ******** them Romans!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I shoved a cucumber up a mates arse and I told him it would improve his memory………

30 years on and he still remembers it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Stanley Johnson, father of Boris, now being accused of smacking a female MP's bottom at the 2003 Party Conference.

Funnily enough he has no recollection of the incident, but in mitigation he's in his 80's.

The same as this 'alleged' conversation at Yorkshire 12 years ago, which looks set to destroy Michael Vaughan's career and reputation.

How far back is far enough?

I don't think there is a limit on mentioning something shitty that someone else did. Stanley Johnson will suffer no consequences, Michael Vaughan might lose some work, but only if he continues to look like he is a bit racist and unapologetic about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here