[News] Do we need statute of limitations for historic allegations?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mate, I wouldn't question your good heart (no pun intended).

The shit has hit the fan, today, though. That lad giving his personal statement to the parliamentary committe was shocking.

I must confess that I had assumed that 'Asians' are poorly represented in sport because their parents push them into medical school (I teach in one and it and the biomedical sciences are very well represented by British Asians). It hit me today, listening to all that testimony and follow up programmes that....it's simply because of racism.

Quite upsetting, in fact.
I have worked and continue to work with several British Asians. There is huge pressure on them when they are young to succeed in medicine particularly, they are encouraged to be Doctors primarily, or Optometrists or failing that Pharmacists.

Something that us WASP's don't tend to aspire to.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There’s a bit of a difference between a slapped bottom where the giver of the slap is a prospective parliamentary candidate doing it in public, and a pinched bottom from someone you probably didn’t know and wouldn’t be able to identify.

And Caroline Nokes is one of our local MPs and a decent woman. She is the MP for the constituency where Mrs DiS’s college was, and so she met her frequently, getting on well and working together well although on different sides of the political fence.

What if it’s a pinched bottom from someone you did know and quite liked it

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What if it’s a pinched bottom from someone you did know and quite liked it

Now you’re just confusing the issue!:shrug:

As one former Brighton personality once commented: eeeees complicated.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Stanley Johnson, father of Boris, now being accused of smacking a female MP's bottom at the 2003 Party Conference.

Funnily enough he has no recollection of the incident, but in mitigation he's in his 80's.

The same as this 'alleged' conversation at Yorkshire 12 years ago, which looks set to destroy Michael Vaughan's career and reputation.

How far back is far enough?

My first instinct was “what have you done” :)

I haven’t read the thread yet however, shame, fear and mental health issues can keep people quiet for decades. A recent episode of 24 hours in police custody illustrates this perfectly.
If there had been a SOL, a man who spent decades drugging and raping children would have got away with it .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Also, you often find that a decent amount of the complainants had tried to report these things when they occurred or shortly after and were ignored or bullied and intimidated into silence.
How many times I’ve heard;
“Why didn’t you report it at the time”?
“I did”

Now we live in (sometimes) more enlightened times, victims may feel more comfortable to try again. And they should be 100% supported to do so. They have every right. And in many cases, the police owe them that.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He didn't just slap her arse he said to her something like 'Romsey has a lovely seat then slapped her arse.
This is normal behaviour for a Johnson, they think that it is normal and funny.
Johnson senior also broke all the rules during lockdown when nobody was allowed to travel he went to his villa in Greece via Bulgaria.
The rules and decency do not apply to The Johnsons so neither should the law when it comes to digging out past behaviour.
These type of people will always eventually put their foot right in it because they do not know any difference,they can't help themselves.
I hope Johnson Snr is hounded over this and I bet that their is a whole lot more.
I hope that women also now appear with many accusations against Boris Johnson too until he has to be hounded out and the sooner the better.
Giving favours to his lover when he was London Mayor is, I think, the tip of the iceberg.
I am sick of this useless and embarrassing so called Prime Minister, even smartened up a bit at the Cenotaph on Sunday he still managed to look like a fly tipped mattress.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
He didn't just slap her arse he said to her something like 'Romsey has a lovely seat then slapped her arse.
This is normal behaviour for a Johnson, they think that it is normal and funny.
Johnson senior also broke all the rules during lockdown when nobody was allowed to travel he went to his villa in Greece via Bulgaria.
The rules and decency do not apply to The Johnsons so neither should the law when it comes to digging out past behaviour.
These type of people will always eventually put their foot right in it because they do not know any difference,they can't help themselves.
I hope Johnson Snr is hounded over this and I bet that their is a whole lot more.
I hope that women also now appear with many accusations against Boris Johnson too until he has to be hounded out and the sooner the better.
Giving favours to his lover when he was London Mayor is, I think, the tip of the iceberg.
I am sick of this useless and embarrassing so called Prime Minister, even smartened up a bit at the Cenotaph on Sunday he still managed to look like a fly tipped mattress.

Shall we put you in the anti-Johnson brigade then?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Shall we put you in the anti-Johnson brigade then?

Is it that unusual to take against people who continually break rules that they punish us mere plebs for breaking, indulge in adultery, corruption, lies, profiteering, nepotism, media manipulation and threatening behaviour? Who are grossly incompetent, laughable and who have dragged the U.K. into the gutter.

And who allegedly pinch lady bottoms!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Is it that unusual to take against people who continually break rules that they punish us mere plebs for breaking, indulge in adultery, corruption, lies, profiteering, nepotism, media manipulation and threatening behaviour? Who are grossly incompetent, laughable and who have dragged the U.K. into the gutter.

And who allegedly pinch lady bottoms!

Blimey, calm down chief. I only posed the question.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A 100 year old has recently been taken out of a nursing home in Germany to appear in court to face charges about working in a concentration camp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports