Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we NEED a better shot stopper between the posts?

Do we need a better shot stopper between the posts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think this is a particularly useful or pointful thread/poll.

Mustafa polls; yes or no:

Yes -
No -

I voted No - X

Reactions: cjd

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don’t see the issue with this. It’s a football fans’ forum and it’s a perfectly reasonable poll to give a quantified idea of what fans opinion is on this given that it seems to have been an on going discussion over the past few weeks.
It's not a reasonable poll when the options are "he's a shit goal keeper" and "he's a shit goal keeper, let's get rid"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
About as relevant as, say, the Brexit poll. No multiple choice to suit every individual's fads on there either, IIRC.
You’re utterly obsessed with Brexit. You also mentioned it the other day in a completely unrelated thread.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I assume that this point has already been made......

If there is a better option available we will look to improve.
Steele's passing ability under pressure, is way more important than any perceived deficiency in shot stopping.

Can't see anything wrong with yesterday's goal by the way.
Looked a decent strike to me.

Poll results reflect a knee-jerk, we conceded in a game we should have won - Vote for the angry option (IMO)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not voting because it’s a silly poll.
we are where we are. I would guess any team would welcome a better shot stopper - even Citeh.
Palhinha’s shot was pretty good.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Agreed. It is the classic pitch fork mentality on here. Perfectly acceptable question. Lickers hate it though and there are plenty on here.
What was the perfectly reasonable question?

What I saw was ' I think he's shit, do you agree or do we need a better keeper'. Followed by a bunch of 'lickers' reminding us all that they are very odd indeed, with a shack full of pitchforks no doubt.

I wasn't a fan of Steele, thought it an insane decision to bring him in for Bob despite Bob's gaffes. He's proved that belief wrong though.

For the simple amongst us, not every goal is the goalkeepers fault. There are 10 others playing alongside him.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It's no secret that Steele is exceptional with the ball at his feet, but is a very poor shot stopper at this level.

Do we NEED a better shot stopper between the posts, or does Steele's on-the-ball qualities make up for his relatively poor shot stopping ability?

Only two options in the poll.
Let’s save some time, how would the following have saved it?

Ryan - too short, no
Sanchez, probably
Bart - maybe
Omerod - Too old , no

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
To play progressive possession based football at the highest level, your No 1 has to be a footballer with Gloves.

Steele is that. As is Verbruggen

I'm sure there are better on the planet, but for Little ole Brighton, that's it for now.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Let’s save some time, how would the following have saved it?

Ryan - too short, no
Sanchez, probably
Bart - maybe
Omerod - Too old , no
Sanchez - seems to be getting better and better the longer he's gone.
Goals conceded against shots faced was pretty terrible under De Zerbi. (16th best save percentage in the league)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's no secret that Steele is exceptional with the ball at his feet, but is a very poor shot stopper at this level.

Do we NEED a better shot stopper between the posts, or does Steele's on-the-ball qualities make up for his relatively poor shot stopping ability?

Only two options in the poll.
Steele plays how the manager wants fine no issues. He still has to think for himself, we’ve thrown away four points in two league games from that central pass out when getting pressed high up the pitch. Are our keepers stupid or what?

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
I think we do yes, Verbruggen is supposed to be that keeper going off his shot stopping exploits last season for Anderlecht but I don't mind too much with the strategy taken to ease him in softly

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Don't think he could do anything about the goal yesterday but do think he is akin to Maty Ryan in his shot stopping ability.
Great lad and fantastic with his feet but not a great goalkeeper.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I predict this poll is going to end horribly.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
For the simple amongst us, not every goal is the goalkeepers fault. There are 10 others playing alongside him.
Indeed.

Would wager a lot of people on Steele's back also blame Stockdale for us not winning the Championship over the three games we had left to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here